IGNORED

The 2022 Backlog Challenge

Reed Rothchild

I beat SM64 last night on Mario 3D All-Stars.  I’m not going for the full 120 and that was never my intent.  I did that as a kid and though it was great, my real intent of starting this one was to just have a fun walk down memory lane.  I must say, Tick-Tock Clock is probably the level I dislike the most, even over Rainbow Road.  Regardless, the whole game is great and I don’t think there’s a single stage that I hate playing. I’ll update my list shortly.

Thanks @Reed Rothchild for calling me out as a trolling, lazy gamer. 😂  It really put a fire under my feet to at least try to finish something on the list and it paid off!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition) - Beaten 14/5

This has been a long way coming! I remember playing this game on at least three previous occasions where the game didn't appeal to me at all. At least twice I've sat down with a copy of the game trying to get through it. But the repetitiveness of it and the boring locales just didn't manage to hold my interest either time.

TPiEZqC.png

Now, 15+ years later, I finally managed to get through. The game is quite engaging when you finally do get into it, and get to experience a few different settings and wacky setpieces. This really does feel like a game of the PS2 generation - I've heard people describe RE4 as "God Hand with guns", and I sort of get that. The game is basically a linear series of rooms (which also function as a checkpoint if you should die or just feel like retrying), representing individual stand-alone challenges. And especially coming directly from a couple of the older Resident Evil games, that also feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. There is never any criss-crossing exploration of the larger areas, you're just pushed along the rollercoaster ride.
But I understand, it's intentionally not that kind of game - It's just that for as fun as the combat in the game is once you really do get into it, it can't really escape the repetitive feeling of fighting the same types of guys over and over throughout the entirety of it. Sort of the same feeling I had playing God Hand.

Starting out, the few things that carry over from the previous RE games probably spoke to me more this time around, as I actually had genuine experience with them now. Subtle things like the way you investigate objects in the surroundings, and find notes lying around etc., and right down to the way inventory is managed and herbs are combined to form improved healing items. That feeling quickly wears off though, as the way those elements are effectively utilized is completely different from the classic games. In the end RE4 feels a lot more like a different game getting reskinned into RE in the 11th hour, and to be honest I'm a little surprised there wasn't more of a backlash from classic RE fans when it came out. But I guess the dire state of the series at the time meant an actually good game was more than enough to immediately win people over.

It's too bad RE5 is generally considered a step back compared to this game, because all in all I feel that RE4 is a very good game that doesn't fully realise its potential. A lot of aspects are fun ideas that could have been utilized better, and I think the annoying half-assed inventory system is one of the biggest causes of this.
Basically, you need to play inventory tetris to fit everything you find. Except, outside of the weapons which you'll never need to move around, everything else fits nicely into small two-square slots, so the only role the inventory system really plays, is limiting how much you can pick up, forcing you to give up certain items if you want more of another.

The idea is nice, but it doesn't really work, because the result is that you get to experience the frustration of constantly needing to prioritize between different types of items every time you want to pick up something new, but you also never need to face any real gameplay implications anyway, since at the end of the day you'll always have enough space for multiple weapons, lots of ammo, and enough healing items to stock a hospital. And by the time you reach the final boss you'll likely have way more resources at your disposal than you could ever need. The final boss, which is more of a gimmick fight anyway, and goes down relatively quickly, without needing much firepower.

f73mrzq.jpg
Think I'm ready for the final boss yet?

I feel that a better solution would be to just have dedicated, but much stricter, restrictions for individual types of items. Have a hard ammo limit for each weapon to force the player to frequently switch things up, rather than just stockpiling the big ballistics, just automatically use yellow herbs (+ to total HP) immediately, and maybe even ditch healing items entirely in favor of an "Estus" style system - or hell, just don't have healing at all, but heal the player between every room or specific prebaked checkpoints, *demanding* them to run it through without taking too much damage, rather than the current system where any damage you'd take is immediately negated by your portable emergency room.
It just seems to me like that would fit the game's style much better.

a6Q7v6k.jpg

I can see why a lot of people like RE4, and I definitely think it's a fun game. But I'm also surprised it's as popular as it is, because it feels like a game that should have been more niche than it is, and maybe it would have been if it didn't say "Resident Evil" on the cover.
I think the core combat mechanics, and some of the creativity in the challenges you face along the way, really elevate what could easily have been something much more boring. The idea that shooting enemies in different locations doesn't alter the amount of damage you do, but allows you to crowd control in different ways is absolutely brilliant, and playing the game on Wii, I'm happy to say that the wiimote aiming scheme is truly as great as people claim - I can't even imagine playing any of the other versions again after trying this.
To me, this is a one and done deal though. I played through the optional missions with Ada (which are pretty good at filling out the game's weird loose ends, to the point where it's hard to believe it wasn't in the original GC release), but I can't see myself returning to the game after this. At the same time, the classic style RE games I've played this year have only left me hungry for more of that. So I guess now I know where my allegience lies. 😄

• Like 6

Events Helper · Posted

I have officially started playing smt v and it is great so far.  Still need to figure a few things out, but loving it!  Yes I have died, no I don't care 😆.  I am streaming it, but will put vids on YouTube if anyone wants to check it out if u haven't.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, Sumez said:

Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition) - Beaten 14/5

This has been a long way coming! I remember playing this game on at least three previous occasions where the game didn't appeal to me at all. At least twice I've sat down with a copy of the game trying to get through it. But the repetitiveness of it and the boring locales just didn't manage to hold my interest either time.

TPiEZqC.png

Now, 15+ years later, I finally managed to get through. The game is quite engaging when you finally do get into it, and get to experience a few different settings and wacky setpieces. This really does feel like a game of the PS2 generation - I've heard people describe RE4 as "God Hand with guns", and I sort of get that. The game is basically a linear series of rooms (which also function as a checkpoint if you should die or just feel like retrying), representing individual stand-alone challenges. And especially coming directly from a couple of the older Resident Evil games, that also feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. There is never any criss-crossing exploration of the larger areas, you're just pushed along the rollercoaster ride.
But I understand, it's intentionally not that kind of game - It's just that for as fun as the combat in the game is once you really do get into it, it can't really escape the repetitive feeling of fighting the same types of guys over and over throughout the entirety of it. Sort of the same feeling I had playing God Hand.

Starting out, the few things that carry over from the previous RE games probably spoke to me more this time around, as I actually had genuine experience with them now. Subtle things like the way you investigate objects in the surroundings, and find notes lying around etc., and right down to the way inventory is managed and herbs are combined to form improved healing items. That feeling quickly wears off though, as the way those elements are effectively utilized is completely different from the classic games. In the end RE4 feels a lot more like a different game getting reskinned into RE in the 11th hour, and to be honest I'm a little surprised there wasn't more of a backlash from classic RE fans when it came out. But I guess the dire state of the series at the time meant an actually good game was more than enough to immediately win people over.

It's too bad RE5 is generally considered a step back compared to this game, because all in all I feel that RE4 is a very good game that doesn't fully realise its potential. A lot of aspects are fun ideas that could have been utilized better, and I think the annoying half-assed inventory system is one of the biggest causes of this.
Basically, you need to play inventory tetris to fit everything you find. Except, outside of the weapons which you'll never need to move around, everything else fits nicely into small two-square slots, so the only role the inventory system really plays, is limiting how much you can pick up, forcing you to give up certain items if you want more of another.

The idea is nice, but it doesn't really work, because the result is that you get to experience the frustration of constantly needing to prioritize between different types of items every time you want to pick up something new, but you also never need to face any real gameplay implications anyway, since at the end of the day you'll always have enough space for multiple weapons, lots of ammo, and enough healing items to stock a hospital. And by the time you reach the final boss you'll likely have way more resources at your disposal than you could ever need. The final boss, which is more of a gimmick fight anyway, and goes down relatively quickly, without needing much firepower.

f73mrzq.jpg
Think I'm ready for the final boss yet?

I feel that a better solution would be to just have dedicated, but much stricter, restrictions for individual types of items. Have a hard ammo limit for each weapon to force the player to frequently switch things up, rather than just stockpiling the big ballistics, just automatically use yellow herbs (+ to total HP) immediately, and maybe even ditch healing items entirely in favor of an "Estus" style system - or hell, just don't have healing at all, but heal the player between every room or specific prebaked checkpoints, *demanding* them to run it through without taking too much damage, rather than the current system where any damage you'd take is immediately negated by your portable emergency room.
It just seems to me like that would fit the game's style much better.

a6Q7v6k.jpg

I can see why a lot of people like RE4, and I definitely think it's a fun game. But I'm also surprised it's as popular as it is, because it feels like a game that should have been more niche than it is, and maybe it would have been if it didn't say "Resident Evil" on the cover.
I think the core combat mechanics, and some of the creativity in the challenges you face along the way, really elevate what could easily have been something much more boring. The idea that shooting enemies in different locations doesn't alter the amount of damage you do, but allows you to crowd control in different ways is absolutely brilliant, and playing the game on Wii, I'm happy to say that the wiimote aiming scheme is truly as great as people claim - I can't even imagine playing any of the other versions again after trying this.
To me, this is a one and done deal though. I played through the optional missions with Ada (which are pretty good at filling out the game's weird loose ends, to the point where it's hard to believe it wasn't in the original GC release), but I can't see myself returning to the game after this. At the same time, the classic style RE games I've played this year have only left me hungry for more of that. So I guess now I know where my allegience lies. 😄

Go play Code Veronica if you haven't. 

Currently on Chapter 7 of Super Paper Mario and...

superpapermarioscreen.jpg.8baabd3990a37af093dc88420e983ae0.jpg

Wow. The River Styx and the Underworld. I guess it's not unusual for games to have some Greek Mythology, but this seems a bit dark for a Mario game. 

In case you're wondering, I swam instead of riding the boat. I turned up the volume and heard this music play:

As if this game isn't weird enough already.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

Go play Code Veronica if you haven't. 

Why that game specifically? 😄 

I bought Code Veronica recently, and I'm also aware of what people think of the game in general. So far I'm planning on putting it on the backlog for 2023...

Edited by Sumez

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, Sumez said:

Why that game specifically? 😄 

I bought Code Veronica recently, and I'm also aware of what people think of the game in general. So far I'm planning on putting it on the backlog for 2023...

It's a campy good time. It is to me a good representation of the series as a whole. It's not a perfect game, but it's pretty well paced, it has the classic style puzzles, and the story and characters are among the more interesting of the whole series. 

Events Helper · Posted

Just got past the Tokyo tower today!  Learning about combining demons and essences.  Definitely more complicated than a normal jrpg.  Definitely a good game thus far!  Gonna have to explore more of the series!  Which ones are playable in English?

Beat Super Paper Mario: 

superpapermariopic.jpg.e97040dc30151ba26d431ced7668b48c.jpg

I've had this game for about ten years, so I thought it was time to finally beat it. Now don't get me wrong. I like this game, and I had a lot of fun playing it. If I were to review it, I would probably give it 7/10 or maybe 8/10. But it does have some flaws that can't be ignored. 

It's nice that Peach and Bowser join Mario and are playable for most of the game, but it's ridiculous that all of the playable characters share the same HP. I'm glad Luigi is finally playable, but it is disappointing that he doesn't join Mario until much later. Even when he finally joins you, he gets into trouble again in Chapter 8 and you can't even play as him in the final battle.

The Pixis are...OK, I suppose. But it's really odd that Mario needs Pixis to pound the ground and use a Hammer. In the first two Paper Mario games, it is just a matter of finding the Boots and Hammers and then Mario can pound the ground and use his Hammer whenever. But in this game, he needs two Pixis to use those abilities. Why can't he just have them? Or find the Boots and Hammer like in the previous games. Having to switch Pixis is a bit awkward and inconvenient, especially during boss battles.

Being able to flip to 3D in a 2D platforming game is cool (and innovative), but being given a limited amount of time to explore before losing HP is not. So 3D is bad all of a sudden? Sure you lose only one HP if the meter is empty, but the fact that the meter empties fast and a warning sound plays sure makes you feel like you're in trouble and have to flip back to 2D.

Chapter 6 is like a much less exciting version of Chapter 3 in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. I was somewhat relieved that after 20 or so repetitive battles, I could do something different. What happens later on, though, is pretty dark and disturbing for a Mario game. The same can also be said for the end of Chapter 7.

The characters get knocked back a bit when they are hit. Usually not a big deal, but it can be frustrating in areas where you need to keep jumping up platforms to reach a door. If you bump into an enemy when you're near the top, you might fall down and have to jump all the way back up again.

I'm not going to talk much about the ending, of course, since I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't beaten the game. I just wanted to say that I didn't think it was all that sad. But...I wonder if Tippi is OK (it isn't made clear if she survived or if she and Count Bleck really sacrificed themselves to save everyone). Of all the characters introduced in this game, she is my favorite.

I remember in 2006, Super Paper Mario was originally announced for GameCube. I was disappointed that the GameCube version was canceled later that year. But now that I've played all the way through the game, I can't say I'm all that disappointed that the game was released only on the Wii. Why? Not only does the GameCube have a Paper Mario game, but it also has the better Paper Mario game (the original Paper Mario is also better). While I still think Super Paper Mario is a pretty good game and I don't even mind that it is a platforming game with some RPG elements instead of an RPG, I can understand why many say it was the beginning of the series' downfall.

superpapermariopic1.jpg.f323e5fea75babf6ac002030b831be74.jpg

superpapermariopic2.jpg.41c540490cab4b71e89d08d332fed075.jpg

superpapermarioblockbusterpromo.jpg.a7518731b7e4fb0b65031c5534cc3dcb.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Just got past the Tokyo tower today!  Learning about combining demons and essences.  Definitely more complicated than a normal jrpg.  Definitely a good game thus far!  Gonna have to explore more of the series!  Which ones are playable in English?

Persona, Persona 2, the other Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5, Persona Q, Persona Q2, the Persona dancing, fighting, and Musou stuff, Catherine (kind of), SMT 3, SMT 4, SMT 4 Apocalypse, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Devil Summoner, Devil Summoner (PS2), Devil Summoner 2, Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, and fan translations of the old 8-bit and 16-bit stuff.  And Jack Bros.  And The Last Bible games.  And Revelations for GB.  And maybe those Demi Kids games, I dunno.  

And Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (because Tensei Megami Shin # Fire Emblem I guess?)

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Persona, Persona 2, the other Persona 2, Persona 3, Persona 4, Persona 5, Persona Q, Persona Q2, the Persona dancing, fighting, and Musou stuff, Catherine (kind of), SMT 3, SMT 4, SMT 4 Apocalypse, Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Devil Summoner, Devil Summoner (PS2), Devil Summoner 2, Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, and fan translations of the old 8-bit and 16-bit stuff.  And Jack Bros.  And The Last Bible games.  And Revelations for GB.  And maybe those Demi Kids games, I dunno.  

wonder if I have any systems they are on 😆

I bought Lunar: Eternal Blue when it came out, pre-ordered it even, but when I did, I still hadn't played Lunar Silver Star Story Complete first. I played SSS and loved it...what an adventure, what a story, and what wonderful characters that I grew to care about.

After beating that game, I figured I'd jump right into Eternal Blue; that was a mistake. My first thought was, "it's not the same...this isn't Alex, Nall, Luna, Nash, et all...". I had to put the game away and it took me 22 years to come back.

The journey that I started 60hrs ago ended this evening with the true ending, and I'll keep it simple: the experience was just as wonderful as SSS.

-oFPVJ5jTOWGO263Fd5hMA.jpg.04abc7541b7958e2cbb4c1efd5e15fb7.jpg

fliUt23RT5qh76Y9jUotJg.jpg.a774b784654409370b840017feb11444.jpg

To be honest, I added this one to my list after playing Suikoden because I just really had a hankering to play it. Now, back to the rest of the list 😉

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted

Juuuust about done Ratchet & Clank on PS2. It's enjoyable enough, though the weapons are in general a bit underwhelming and the controls could use some work. The characters and humour definitely drive this one. I'm hoping that the sequels are a bit more punchy in terms of gameplay and challenge especially. Overall it's been pretty enjoyable regardless. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Ratchet & Clank is done. It was a bit of a slog at the end due again to the relatively unhoned controls. I hesitate to call the controls poor, knowing what was generally on offer at the time, but it is the main thing holding me back from loving the game, really. Had it been more action and less fighting with my inability to hit enemies with weapons it'd have ranked higher. Jak and Daxter tops it for me, at least given the two series' initial outings. 

IMG_20220520_010346.jpg

• Like 4

Administrator · Posted

Aside, I am seemingly unable to play GameCube. I dunno if this is common, but my GameCube seems to have trouble reading discs. Like 99% of the time it just fails.

I can try and try for like 5 minutes and finally get it to work, then the next time I go to play it's back to not working again. Really not conducive to the hour or two at a time I have to play, so I'm gonna have to put the entire console on the backburner until I can find a replacement or fix it somehow. 

If anyone knows an easy fix if this is a common problem please lemme know. I finally sat down to play Twin Snakes and was reminded of this problem. 

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Aside, I am seemingly unable to play GameCube. I dunno if this is common, but my GameCube seems to have trouble reading discs. Like 99% of the time it just fails.

I can try and try for like 5 minutes and finally get it to work, then the next time I go to play it's back to not working again. Really not conducive to the hour or two at a time I have to play, so I'm gonna have to put the entire console on the backburner until I can find a replacement or fix it somehow. 

If anyone knows an easy fix if this is a common problem please lemme know. I finally sat down to play Twin Snakes and was reminded of this problem. 

It might be the laser. A simple fix is just to make sure it isn't dirty by cleaning it with a cloth, a not so simple fix is replacing it.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

I always put games down on lists like these that I end up having to be in the mood to play, rather than easy to pick up and play randomly games, which has worked against me again. 

I've been playing a lot of backlog stuff, but not what I've got listed here.

Just beat Gundemonium (default settings), for instance. 

IMG_20220520_120627.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

I always put games down on lists like these that I end up having to be in the mood to play, rather than easy to pick up and play randomly games, which has worked against me again. 

Then again, isn't that also sort of the point of this list? Trying to push you into playing the games you might not otherwise think to just throw on? 

• Agree 1

Beat Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 in Mega Man Legacy Collection 2: 

Mega Man 9: 

image.jpeg.4cdfa0a99e557a183d8b86d30bf10d0f.jpeg

image.jpeg.307899cacff5b4046ffdc1838f11b063.jpeg

Mega Man 9 was one of the few games in the original Mega Man series that I didn't beat until recently. One reason for that is because it was available only as a digital download until just a few years ago. Which isn't a big deal now, but in 2008 I didn't have any 7th generation consoles. Even if I did, there still would've been the issue of figuring out the password needed to connect consoles online (I was sharing a Computer at the time and didn't know the password). I read some previews, looked at some screenshots, and watched a trailer video. In 2012 or so, I imported the Mega Man 9 soundtrack on CD. Later that year, I bought a Wii (a blue one). By this point I was more or less the owner of the Computer I was sharing, but I still couldn't find the password. I searched on Google, and couldn't even find much information on where to find it. And as much as I like the Mega Man games, I didn't play or really like the Wii a whole lot (there were a few really good games for it that I wanted to play but the console just didn't impress me much, which was a first for a Nintendo system) and so I put off my search for the password. Eventually, a few years ago in 2019, I finally found the password. But the Wii Shop Channel closed. However, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 was released on Switch. A physical copy of the Switch version was only released in Japan, but since I was able to connect my Switch to the Internet I went ahead and downloaded Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. At last, I was able to play Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10. I could've beaten them in 2019 or 2020, but I didn't beat them until recently since I had too many other games that I needed to get back to.

I have mixed feelings about Mega Man 9. Mega Man has suddenly lost his ability to slide and charge up his weapon. And while the difficulty is fine for veterans, the game is not for beginners. The menu, stage selected, get a weapon, and Dr. Wily fortress map music tracks are reused. Also, while there definitely are some good music tracks, a lot of the music is high-pitched and somewhat annoying. Clearly, the game was targeted mainly at the Mega Man 2 worship crowd. I understand they were trying to make it NES-style, but "style" is the key word. Mega Man 9 is not an NES game. Having an option to slide and charge up would've been better than not having these abilities at all. There's an option to turn the sprite flickering and screen filter off, and Rush is in the game. So, realizing this is not the second game in the series or an NES game, why not also include an option to slide and charge up? I can't imagine what the story reasoning for Mega Man not having these abilities would be. Maybe he's thinking "oh, I have such fond memories of my second adventure that I'm not even going to slide and charge up this time!".

Anyway, despite the fact that it goes overboard with the Mega Man 2 nostalgia (going so far as to putting the Mega Man 9 robot masters in a MM2-style stage select screen in that border), I still like Mega Man 9 of course (why wouldn't I? It's Mega Man!). The "We're the Robots" (Dr. Wily Stage 2) and Dr. Wily Stage 4 music tracks are pretty good, and the music in Splash Woman's stage is nice and relaxing. I also like the extra goodies you unlock after beating the game. Also, the ending is official proof that Mega Man & Bass is canon.

Mega Man 10: 

image.jpeg.c978c90154ff1b2837fae78aa6d8c3cf.jpeg

megaman10pic1.jpg.4eba348905f4a13fde01f2fe3ed1fceb.jpg

megaman10pic2.jpg.670a5378d2ad6a9a0c374fc84679e4d4.jpg

megaman10pic3.jpg.e7ba42ce31e30c719e7961b764dc896a.jpg

Mega Man 10 is definitely the better game. First of all, you can play as Protoman. You have the option to slide and charge up if you play as him. The menu, get weapon, and Dr. Wily fortress map music tracks are original, and are way better than the ones from Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 9. And while the music for the stage select screen in Mega Man 9 is original and Mega Man 10's stage selected music is still based on Mega Man 2's, the stage select screen music in Mega Man 10 is far superior and may well be my favorite stage select music in the original series. The music is also not as high-pitched as Mega Man 9's music. You can switch weapons on the fly like in Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, and Mega Man & Bass. Browsing and buying stuff in the Shop is faster, which is a bit more convenient. The bosses in the first Dr. Wily stage have abilities from robot masters in each of the six NES Mega Man games, and even Mega Man 7 and Mega Man 8. You can battle some of the bosses from the Mega Man games for the original Game Boy in the special stages, such as Enker. Mega Man 10 is simply a more appealing game for long-time fans of the series.

I played on Normal difficulty, and unlocked Bass.

Like Mega Man 9, I imported the Mega Man 10 soundtrack CD several years ago.

megaman9andmegaman10soundtrackspic1.jpg.2f0234e5abc66089648cd5ea2a9bd855.jpg

Edit: I also recorded a video of me beating Mega Man 10 and posted it on Instagram: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd1EY9JpPoa/ 

I used the Switch's capture feature, so the video is only 30 seconds.

Edit 2: Turns out Protoman is playable in Mega Man 9 and is able to slide and charge up his weapon, but he has to be unlocked so you're still forced to play the game without the slide and charge until you unlock him. In Mega Man 10, he doesn't need to be unlocked and can be selected at the beginning.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I pre-ordered Mega Man X6 back in 2001, eagerly anticipating greatness and a return to form from X4 (X5 was pretty good, but some design choices kept it from being truly special). What I got left me feeling...frustrated. Even back then, when I made it to the Gate stages, I couldn't figure out how to beat the stage boss. I'd go on to pick at it from time to time over the years, but always hit the same roadblock.

Finally, after 21 years, I decided to Mega Man & Bass this game, and power through over 7 hours. Honestly, it's pretty embarrassing to admit, because I can practically speed run X1-5, but at least I didn't give up. I rescued all but 2 of the reploids (couldn't be bothered to get the armor piece as well as find the two reploids I needed in the museum...RNG, poor design), and only had a rank of GA because I couldn't be bothered to grind out an additional 2676 soul orb points.

JnycvzLBQD6LdjwQTHjFdg.jpg.4459b68c3c181aa8d5bef934e6d8b320.jpg

In any case, the victory is sweet. I got in a bit of trouble from my wife when I shouted at the tv that Sigma could 'go fuck himself' which almost woke up the kids.

vLCSHobJSSq4NfCDQbl1Nw.jpg.4e15029dfa9329d63200d1f80445dada.jpg

e8gQ2w0uTw-smmP7ioOVwg.jpg.e20108d1afa54e94a5e36aee05875fdd.jpg

Yes Zero, yes it is.

• Like 3

Since I finally finished X6, I thought today that I would go for Mega Man 11. I remember being so hyped up for the MM11 release that I took the day off on launch day to play it, but I wasn't able to complete it. This time, instead of the Switch version, I played the XBOX One version from scratch. After struggling a bit at the same part I got stuck on back then (Wily stage 1), I made it through and the following Wily stages were cake!

This game was a great return to form and a near perfect mix of old and new. It's a shame that the steam generated from MM11 wasn't followed up on for either a 12 or an X9, but I have hope that the passion the team clearly put into this project will be called on again for another Mega Man adventure.

STaJhtkwRVCNcZPGj5DABw.jpg.27e2216f8ac3c3f03eeac018b72fd6f0.jpg

This (and Eddy tossing out a Gear cooldown item for Auto) really made me laugh, and it was nice to see that all the Robots Masters were being saved. Boy, do I ever love Ishihara's artistic vision for all the characters and designs!

c20FJw2mSNimgrBBqrjmtw.jpg.9d8811a986a4c11e28959cb02917ac7e.jpg

No, a big thank you to Oda, Tsuchiya, and the rest of the team for making a wonderful Mega Man game and giving me hope for the future of the series!

Edited by Renmauzo
  • Like 5