Disney's Aladdin - SNES or Genesis?

Nintegageo

SNES or Genesis?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which game?

• Aladdin - SNES
    • Aladdin - Genesis

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just a dig at the Genesis vs SNES debates where these games commonly come up.  As if the 190th best game on either system (give or take) is gonna have any impact.  😄

Ditto for The Lion King.  Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

To be fair, The Lion King is a crappy game on all platforms, unlike Aladdin. 😅

Edited by ifightdragons

3 hours ago, Californication said:

I barely want to own a hundred games for the Snes. Not sure how you guys make it to 150/190. 

I would have to pick another 50 - 100 games I don't want to own and then put this at the bottom.

yeah seriously, what kind of messed up freak would play and rank almost every super nintendo g-

http://snesrankings.com/games/200_176.html

oh

sorry reed!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MagusSmurf said:

yeah seriously, what kind of messed up freak would play and rank almost every super nintendo g-

http://snesrankings.com/games/200_176.html

oh

sorry reed!

Ya, that's nonsense. Here are just a few that should not be in front of Aladdin:

Lemmings

Lemmings 2

Wolfenstein 

NHL 95 - 98

Super Tennis 

Phalanx

Thunder Spirits

Fire Power 2000

Super Bonk

Thunder Spirits and Wolfemstein are considered to be two of the worst ports available. Super Bonk was a massive failure. Phalanx is probably the lowest level non broken/bad shmup on the console. And personally I don't rank racing and sports games. I'll use them to switch out the back of my carts and throw them away on occasion.

Respect for playing all the games and having and enjoying a wider spread of games than myself, but there's no reason Aladdin should be that low.

Edited by Californication
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

To be fair, The Lion King is a crappy game on all platforms, unlike Aladdin. 😅

Think I am on the fourth level of Lion King. And it is a game were you have to do precisely the right thing. I like it because I like games like the sega games: Joe and Mac, Shinobi, Toki, Mickey Mania. Simba doesn't have an excellent action function like the other games, but it has the same precision that you have to practice/memorize to master. 

Editorials Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, Californication said:

Ya, that's nonsense. Here are just a few that should not be in front of Aladdin:

Lemmings

Lemmings 2

Wolfenstein 

NHL 95 - 98

Super Tennis 

Phalanx

Thunder Spirits

Fire Power 2000

Super Bonk

Thunder Spirits and Wolfemstein are considered to be two of the worst ports available. Super Bonk was a massive failure. Phalanx is probably the lowest level non broken/bad shmup on the console. And personally I don't rank racing and sports games. I'll use them to switch out the back of my carts and throw them away on occasion.

Respect for playing all the games and having and enjoying a wider spread of games than myself, but there's no reason Aladdin should be that low.

No offense, but if you think The Lion King is better than all of those... 😘 

6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

No offense, but if you think The Lion King is better than all of those... 😘 

All I got to say is that Iam8bit would never in it's drunkest dreams come up with a repro for any of those games. I am not saying they made the right decision to re-release, but there was enough positive feedback for them to moce forward with reprinting those games.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Californication said:

All I got to say is that Iam8bit would never in it's drunkest dreams come up with a repro for any of those games. I am not saying they made the right decision to re-release, but there was enough positive feedback for them to moce forward with reprinting those games.

Disney + 💰

1 hour ago, Californication said:

Super Bonk was a massive failure.

Wait what. I'm not a fan of the Bonk games in general (I want to like them, but they are boring), but the two Super Bonk games are by far the best of the series, and actually genuinely enjoyable most of the way through. What do you think makes it a failure? I'd put Super Bonk way higher than Capcom's Aladdin.

Edited by Sumez

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Californication said:

The reason they expected they would get paid is there were enough arguments that people would buy it though.

They didn't remake the Jungle Book or the worst version of Mickey Mania.

1. Lion King 2019 box office: $1.657b
  2. Aladdin 2019 box office: $1.051b
  3. Jungle Book 2016 box office: $966.6m

They could put Lion King on just about anything and sell it.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, Californication said:

The reason they expected they would get paid is there were enough arguments that people would buy it though.

They didn't remake the Jungle Book or the worst version of Mickey Mania.

You were saying 😂

https://www.thegamer.com/disney-classic-games-jungle-book/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Californication said:

Lemmings

Lemmings 2

Wolfenstein 

NHL 95 - 98

Super Tennis 

Phalanx

Thunder Spirits

Fire Power 2000

Super Bonk

I really like Aladdin on SNES but I'll say this:

If you ask me wich SNES tennis game I want to play, it has to be Super Tennis.
If you ask me which SNES platformer I want to play, Aladdin is probably somewhere in the low end of my top 10 at best.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

If you ask me which SNES platformer I want to play, Aladdin is probably somewhere in the low end of my top 10 at best.

Low end of top ten is pretty high on a console that has a high number of platformers. We are talking about if everything is ranked together.

He ranked Aladdin 192 after all of the games I listed. There were others I think Aladdin is better than I picked what I thought were the most egregious at first glance.

22 minutes ago, Californication said:

Low end of top ten is pretty high on a console that has a high number of platformers. We are talking about if everything is ranked together.

He ranked Aladdin 192 after all of the games I listed. There were others I think Aladdin is better than I picked what I thought were the most egregious at first glance.

It gets much lower if I include any game with a jump button and obstacles to go over.

The point is Super Tennis is THE single best tennis game on the system and a top tier sports title for the system. It really should have been included on the SNES Classic Mini. As such, I understand why someone would rank it higher than Aladdin. Not to say I agree with the list as a whole or anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Smash Tennis controls better than Super Tennis 😜

Editorials Team · Posted

WelI I would be surprised if anyone fully agreed with anyone else's list.  717 games?  That's an unlimited number of combinations.

Some people are gonna have a game like The Lion King in their top 40.  That's absurd to me.  That game can't hope to sniff the jock of a New Horizons or a Metal Marines or an Equinox.

And Aladdin can't sniff the jock of Sparkster or Lufia II or Dragon View or Ogre Battle or Uniracers or Kirby's Dream Course or Super Bomberman...

But that doesn't mean I'm right.  We just each have our own big loud opinions.  And I like debating them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Never really played genesis, but the fact there is a debate makes me want to try thay one.

Big fan of snes aladdin. I was too old to like it because it was disney or aladdin. In fact, I was at an age where those things really made me want to hate it, but I played it in spite of that because it was a fun and well done game. Capcom for you.

Could have been more difficult, especially later stages and final boss. But overall a game I went back to time to time. Also a great game for kids, or adults, who are new to platforming. Low difficulty, short levels, shiny stuff. If smb3 is kicking a new gamers butt, snes aladdin is a go to grab for a less frustrating experience