IGNORED

What is causing inflation on many Xbox 360 titles?

WATA/HA and the current "first print fever" that's going around.  It's happened in comics in cycles for ages, people get super hard for #1's, so they do a bunch of limited series or small series that all have #1's (or in some extreme cases, they set a bunch of old, popular books to #1, go from there for a while, then eventually convert back to the old numbering system once that fad has passed).  I don't think anyone beyond investors and diehard 360 collectors really give two squirts about the 360 right now, and I'd wager there are far more investors wanting to make a quick buck on ANYTHING video game related (especially if the prices haven't spiked stupidly yet) versus a huge collector influx to send shit skyrocketing.

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

WATA/HA and the current "first print fever" that's going around.

I was thinking this or an online influencer hyping pple up. Its terrible, many of these titles used to sell for $30.

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

I don't think anyone beyond investors and diehard 360 collectors really give two squirts about the 360 right now,

Does selective diehard 360 collector count? J/k. I collect from many video games platforms. 

Edited by AnimalHouse

In addition to the above, I’d guess a lot of streamers are jumping in (a few really big streamers livestream Heritage and soon will Goldin) and these titles are in their wheelhouse. Some of these are surprisingly hard to find, others not so much. That Gears of War was actually a steal and will probably get a backdoor attempt. 

I also think we need to change perspective on how long it takes for something to become “collectible,” because more younger people are making money (via alternative investments and online services) than ever. The Rule of 25 might need a makeover.

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Honestly, the rare collectible in that market ought to be systems that still work 100% and aren't in danger of failing, lol.  I was going to call them "hot," but it's the 360, so they're literally all hot, lol!

Can’t you just get a Xbox one and play the games on there?

2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Well shit, you can just get an NES classico or a Raspberry Pi if you just want to play these things, but what kind of investment is that?!  🤔🧐😉

Can’t you play the physical media for Xbox 360 on Xbox one?Can’t you play the physical media for Xbox 360 on Xbox one?

3 hours ago, Shmup said:

Forget 360, the Switch is a modern console and you can literally flip the majority of LRG releases for nearly double the price. Even normal retail releases can go for two or three times the price. People have major FOMO on everything right now.

A while back, I saw a sold listing by drobgaming of a VGA graded NS Pokémon? 4pk go for $4 grand. Unfortunately, I can't find it because ebay doesn't save listings past 90 days. Guess the buyer needed 4.

In the early years of LRG, pple were flipping more than 3x or more. I briefly mentioned a ebay seller who did that in this article. Idk if you remember but in the early years of LRG, they used to release a limited print runs at 10am and 6pm. Many pple were working or offline but not scalpers. I'm guessing pple took to social media to voice there complaint.

It took a while but eventually LRG put a limit as to how many a person can purchase, like 1-2 per person. Pple continued to complain about the scalpers, mostly the chris seller. Man if you were on the LRG forum (before they changed to discord). Pple were like up and arms about him and a few others. It was funny but scary too. Sometime in 2018 or 19, LRG completely revised there business model to what you see now..the month long pre-order window. 

I don't believe it will ever stop as long as there is demand for it. Anyways, its not just LRG. I've seen it happen on Special Reserve Games, Strictly Limited Games, Super Rare Games, Play Asia; take your pick.

Edited by AnimalHouse
spelling

1 hour ago, AnimalHouse said:

I remember you posting this on HA article. I'm guessing bidders (not gamers) mistaken this for the original haha. J/k Also remember that night many pple purchasing scores of the $10 listings. Talk about FOMO.

The story was almost as good as the original IMO, unlike that garbage bioshock 2. Yeah, maybe they were confused haha.

11 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

The story was almost as good as the original IMO, unlike that garbage bioshock 2. Yeah, maybe they were confused haha.

Eh, I enjoyed Bioshock 2, certainly from a gameplay perspective, but it was basically the same thing again. I will agree the story is a lot weaker, and the philosophical themes didn't really fit nearly as well into the overall narrative of the game as in Bioshock 1.

As for Infinite, well I guess I'll find out once I peel my own sealed copy to play! 😉

On 8/29/2021 at 8:04 AM, OptOut said:

Eh, I enjoyed Bioshock 2, certainly from a gameplay perspective, but it was basically the same thing again. I will agree the story is a lot weaker, and the philosophical themes didn't really fit nearly as well into the overall narrative of the game as in Bioshock 1.

As for Infinite, well I guess I'll find out once I peel my own sealed copy to play! 😉

BS2 hits the $100 mark. I never got around to playing the 2nd. I enjoyed the 1st and last. I bought the remastered collection the other day, look forward to reminiscing on the big screen tv.

Why peel one when you can peel 16 haha. J/k I found someone selling 16 copies for $50s

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:04 AM, OptOut said:

Damn, you in for a treat. Make to play Burial at Sea for the tie in to Bioshock 1!

• Like 1