IGNORED

Movie Debate #80: Star Wars

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:59 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

My advice is to not let other people dictate what you enjoy and how much you enjoy it.

Thanks. But honestly it's more about the level of whining they have done that got to me than anything else. Those who did bully me did it because I refused to give their FB group a ass-kissing review. The rest have me find it hard to watch because all I tend to do is picture them whining about every little change made in that film. With at least one "fan" claiming Disney ruined it by having Leia be, well, how she was ever since the time she met Grand Moff Tarkin.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

Thanks. But honestly it's more about the level of whining they have done that got to me than anything else. Those who did bully me did it because I refused to give their FB group a ass-kissing review. The rest have me find it hard to watch because all I tend to do is picture them whining about every little change made in that film. With at least one "fan" claiming Disney ruined it by having Leia be, well, how she was ever since the time she met Grand Moff Tarkin.

...and you're doing yourself disrespect by clinging to ancient meaningless grudges.  Live your life without empowering strangers on the internet who have doubtlessly already long forgotten about you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...and you're doing yourself disrespect by clinging to ancient meaningless grudges.  Live your life without empowering strangers on the internet who have doubtlessly already long forgotten about you.

Ironically, I don't hold grudges. The burnout was always there with me. All they did was speed it up while they ignored the facts that include The Empire Strikes Back being the OG Last Jedi. All I do is get annoyed, hope for something to wow me, and try to complete a goal in the meantime. 😅

Administrator · Posted

Using the rating scale here, I gave it an 8

It's a classic for sure, but for me PERSONALLY, I actually would rather watch The Force Awakens.  This could be because I've seen the original about 70 million times, I don't know.  I'm sure someone (or many) would jump down my throat for this preference, but that's ok, I like what I like, what can I say? haha!

Without comparing each Star Wars movie to the other movies in the series, and just looking at this movie alone, I think it's an 8 based on the scale here.  

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

I had to vote that ive never seen it and never will.  Have zero interest.  Ive went all my life without seeing it and that to me is impressive.  I think the fan base turns me off to it at this point.

Not even for reference?  It's arguably the most popular movie of all time, aren't you a little bit curious about what all the fuss is about?  If only to understand other people.

9 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Not even for reference?  It's arguably the most popular movie of all time, aren't you a little bit curious about what all the fuss is about?  If only to understand other people.

No of course not!

People become stronger and better when they intentionally close themselves off from experiences and knowledge widely shared and celebrated by others.

Don't you know ANYTHING Reed? 😉

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Nah.  I mean I know enough about it from its popularity.  But I couldn't care less.

31 minutes ago, OptOut said:

No of course not!

People become stronger and better when they intentionally close themselves off from experiences and knowledge widely shared and celebrated by others.

Don't you know ANYTHING Reed? 😉

Oh stop it.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
On 7/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, CasualCart said:

I actually like all the prequels.

I have a nostalgia bias, though, since I grew up as the target demographic for those films.

-CasualCart

I like em all too.  What's not to like?  Lightsabers, space battles, laser blasters, lightsabers, explosions, weird aliens, cool vehicles, lightsabers...  The list is endless really.

• Like 1

I have a absolute love for Star wars Pre-Disney Era... When the Expanded Universe was under control, When George Lucas could joke about Jon Stew... When Leland Chee had everything under wraps, When I could watch a Cartoon and read a Comic book, Play a Video game and sleep knowing that I could feel safe.

It was "Before the dark times, before the Empiire MOUSE"!