IGNORED

Biggest Value Increase

Too many to list them all but a few are:

Little Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ CIB for $20 in 2019

Chibi Robo CIB for $5 in 2019

Einhander CIB for $4 in 2017

Mega Man Legends 2 and Tron Bonne CIB for $5 each in late 90s or early 2000s from a local music/game store

Little Samson at a garage sale for $0.25 in the mid-2000s (I sold it years ago)

CIB TurboDuo lot at a flea market for like $100 or $150 and came with several CIC HuCard and CD titles.  Bought in late 2000s

We got the Pokemon Stadium N64 Console Battle Set as an Easter gift when my Dad got a bonus at the factory he worked at and now that price is 4-figures.  Probably 2000 or 2001.  I think the Gamecube came out the same year we got this or the year after we got this

I got all 4 NES Dragon Warrior games CIB with all inserts for $100 total at a game store while visiting my brother in college in 2008/2009

Dragon Quest 4-6 on DS new sealed on ebay for like $15 each around 2012ish.  Opened and played all of them

I got Mega Man V new as a kid with paper route money so like $30?  Late 90s.  Had it CIB for a long time and I think my brother tossed the box when he cleaned our room one time.  I still have the cover-less manual

Sealed Eternal Darkness at a garage sale for $0.25 in 2020

Ducktales 2 and Conkers for $2 each from a pawn shop in 2009/2010ish

There are several more that I know I'm forgetting

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I got Mega Man V new as a kid with paper route money so like $30?  Late 90s.

whoa, i didn't realize MM5 was a $100+ game now. when i first really started picking up NES games (99-2001, somewhere in there), the NES Mega Man games were the first set i went after. at that time, i think MM1 was the most expensive (around $30 IIRC) and everything else was $20 or less. crazy times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

whoa, i didn't realize MM5 was a $100+ game now. when i first really started picking up NES games (99-2001, somewhere in there), the NES Mega Man games were the first set i went after. at that time, i think MM1 was the most expensive (around $30 IIRC) and everything else was $20 or less. crazy times.

That one got pricey too, it was actually Mega Man V for Gameboy that I had bought back then.  Lost the box but I still have the cartridge and cover-less manual.  It's still on my dream list of items to reacquire

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

That one got pricey too, it was actually Mega Man V for Gameboy that I had bought back then.  Lost the box but I still have the cartridge and cover-less manual.  It's still on my dream list of items to reacquire

gameboy is a whole 'nother beast! i'm afraid to look up the price on that one loose, let alone CIB! good luck on the reacquire tip!!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to current price vs what I paid:

• Best wild find: Pokemon Crystal mint CIB for $2, worth ~$500 right now
  • Best "retail": Pokemon Blue mint CIB for $50 (eBay, 2019)
  • Biggest regret: Sealed mint original gameboy, big box with Tetris and headphones for $50 (eBay, 2007). Sold for ??? in 2009, worth ??? thousand now.
  • Like 2

Moderator · Posted

Tough to say as my best buy’s have been large, bulk purchases. Not sure if some of these count as I pieced some of them together, selling the extra piece essentially making them free.

Little Samson CIB for $0 after selling spare cart I got with box after already having the cart and manual. 

Crusader of Centy with hint guide for profit after selling spare cart I got with manual after already buying CB with Guide for $30.

Lufia 2 Guide for $10

Aerofighter’s Cart for $6.99, but free after buy 2 get 1 free deal. 

Super Nintendo Superbrite Sign for $100 on eBay, as it only had local pickup and it was close to me. 

Nintendo Power issue 1-100 locally for $50 in great shape. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Alder said:

Do you still have the panic restaurant you opened? I would hope that's worth more than a little samson cart. But maybe not with how prices have been.

I have the cart, but I sold the box and manual to @Dr. Morbis ages ago for a bit more than I paid for it sealed (it was rising exponentially even in 2010 😛 ).  I suppose you could argue that because I made money off it that it was essentially free, but a loose cart still won't touch a loose Samson.

• Like 2

No but a loose cart is something you can actually enjoy while not being bothered with keeping it sealed and the baggage of others knowing you have it.

Maybe I should crack open that pokemon I have...it should make some graders skin crawl.  I wouldn't be out anything I imagine considering it cost me $100. 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe I should crack open that pokemon I have...it should make some graders skin crawl.  I wouldn't be out anything I imagine considering it cost me $100. 😄

Like I said, in my dream scenario, I'd be unwrapping everything for the sake of cataloguing sealed contents 🙂 but unfortunately I'm not a multi-millionaire and I have bills to pay. If someone is willing to pay you 100x what you spent on it, I'd say it's not worth the fun. Trade it in for a new kitchen or something and call it a day 😛 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1