IGNORED

Annual VGS community awards

OptOut

Right, okay, I'm happy to set up a vote with a shortlist of names for the thing, I will start with RH's suggestions but if anyone wants to suggest other names, please do so and I will make a poll. I'll probably do that tomorrow so I can get more name suggestions first, so PLEASE if you have a name get em in QUICK!!!

PLEASE SUBMIT NAMES FOR THE AWARDS IN THIS THREAD! I will make a poll tomorrow!

As for the format of the awards itself I was thinking about it. The best way for this to work I think is as follows: 

- Each of the 4 weeks of January there will be one round of THREE awards nominated and voted, a total of 12 awards. The RESULTS of the awards will be saved till the reveal thread at the end of the month. The reason for staging the votes in this way is in order not to overwhelm people with too much to nominate and vote on at once, and so the nominations can be discussed freely in the week before voting at the weekend.

- On Jan 1st I will announce the awards in the EVERYTHING ELSE forum, and explain the process and get people HYPE!

-  Sunday Jan 2nd I will open the first awards nomination/discussion thread with the first THREE awards. During the week people can nominate who they want and discuss the candidates. FRIDAY of that week, any candidate with TWO OR MORE nominations will be entered into a poll and voting will begin. This poll will remain open until the final award ceremony, to give people more time to vote.

- Each of the following three weeks will have the same format, a new round of award nominations opening on Sunday and voting beginning Friday. People can go back and vote on previous weeks if they missed the prior threads, but by the 4th week most people who want to participate should already be up to speed, so the 4th vote will only have a couple days open.

- January 31st the final votes for all the categories will be tallied, and an award thread to reveal the results, congratulate the winners, and everyone celebrate will be made!!! Everyone will get punch and Pie, as well as million dollar party favours funded from the VGS war chest!!! 🥳

Okay throwing it open again, suggestions etc. more than welcome, and ESPECIALLY we need to start coming up with award categories!!!

Just now, Jeevan said:

tater/chili thread better win 😒

That was actually one of my inspirations for doing this whole thing, lol, so it could EASILY happen dude! 😄

I definitely want awards for:

- Thread of the Year

- Best artistic contribution

- Gamer of the Year

- Pick-up/haul of the year

- VGSer of the Year

Those are staples, but I also really want some more humorous/light hearted categories too, like Dumbest post of the year, Meme champ, etc. 😂

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

That was actually one of my inspirations for doing this whole thing, lol, so it could EASILY happen dude! 😄

- Thread of the Year

- Gamer of the Year

- VGSer of the Year

Those are staples, but I also really want some more humorous/light hearted categories too, like Dumbest post of the year, Meme champ, etc. 😂

Đéo Ti Yes GIF by Pose FX

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:28 AM, RH said:

Well, I do think this could be a fun idea.  The first order of voting business should be what do we call the awards.  Ideas coming from stream of conscientious...

• Golden Gloves
  • Veggies
  • Silver/Gold/Platinum Cart(ridge)
  • Purple Ganons

The Sage Awards

The Sagies

The Purple Gannon Awards

The "Whoever our mascot is" with a "ies" after it?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OptOut said:

- Thread of the Year

- Gamer of the Year

- VGSer of the Year

Grading service of the year:

-WATA

-VGS

-VGG

-WANGS

-TWATA

-CCGA

Edited by Murray
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:48 PM, OptOut said:

- Thread of the Year

- Gamer of the Year

- VGSer of the Year

-Largest Wanker 

-Best Food Picture Posted

-Largest troll 😄

• Haha 1