IGNORED

Annual VGS community awards

OptOut

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

nope.  This should not be allowed!  We all know gloves will win hands down 😒.  

Also, maybe a golden sage statue from @CasualCart with the year for the award?  as a bauble/charm

Yeah absolutely, there should definitely be at least the charm for winning with the year, good shout Jeevy!

I'm gonna start formalising some of the awards based on the suggestions here in a bit, but keep award suggestions coming guys! 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, OptOut said:

Actually I thought the Golden Gloves was pretty much spot on, lol! Got it in one @RH! 😄

Or how about... The Opty's! 😏

On 6/16/2021 at 11:28 AM, RH said:

Well, I do think this could be a fun idea.  The first order of voting business should be what do we call the awards.  Ideas coming from stream of conscientious...

• Golden Gloves
  • Veggies
  • Silver/Gold/Platinum Cart(ridge)
  • Purple Ganons

Golden Gloves makes me think of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Gloves
A quick google seach also reveals a movie and something to do with Soccer shenanigans lol

On 6/17/2021 at 12:48 AM, OptOut said:

That was actually one of my inspirations for doing this whole thing, lol, so it could EASILY happen dude! 😄

I definitely want awards for:

- Thread of the Year

- Best artistic contribution

- Gamer of the Year

- Pick-up/haul of the year

- VGSer of the Year

Those are staples, but I also really want some more humorous/light hearted categories too, like Dumbest post of the year, Meme champ, etc. 😂

On 6/16/2021 at 11:23 AM, RH said:

Let's not kid ourselves, 90% of those awards are just going to go to @CasualCart.

😄

That's why one of the categories is the "Obligatory Annual @CasualCart Appreciation Award" where we just shower him with all the praise he deserves 😛

Real talk all those above categories are top notch. I can't think of anything to add off the top of my head

Opty's would have be the meme/humourous awards 😛

Actually one addition; Werewolf awards as @Gloves seemingly won't ever get those done himself otherwise 😛

On 6/17/2021 at 2:25 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

The Sage Awards

The Sagies

The Purple Gannon Awards

The "Whoever our mascot is" with a "ies" after it?

"Sagies" makes me think of the SAGYs (Shitty Ass Game of the Year Awards) that ScrewAttack used to do lol https://www.destructoid.com/the-nominees-for-screwattacks-first-annual-shitty-ass-game-of-the-year-awards/

On 6/21/2021 at 1:33 PM, Jeevan said:

nope.  This should not be allowed!  We all know gloves will win hands down 😒.  

Also, maybe a golden sage statue from @CasualCart with the year for the award?  as a bauble/charm

I second this. "Sage Awards" or "The Sages" with a golden Sage icon all the way

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
18 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

That's why one of the categories is the "Obligatory Annual @CasualCart Appreciation Award" where we just shower him with all the praise he deserves 😛

VGS is bad for my ego haha.

By the way, where do I submit the application for my own national holiday?

-CasualCart

• Haha 1