IGNORED

Your city's/hometown's promo video

FireHazard51

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:
1 hour ago, Strange said:

Do people rep that super hard in Henderson? Or is it more of a joke? Genuinely curious, as  The only actual famous person from my actual home town is Suzanne sommers, and I would wager 95% of people living there have no idea

Jokingly. Maybe for stuff like high school football, but the ribbing they (we?) give other cities is just for shits and giggles. It’s one of the nicer suburbs around Nashville, definitely has become more expensive since the making of that video. And crowded. 

There are a few celebrities that live there. I know Kelly Clarkson does. I served food to Ricky Skaggs once. And of course Taylor Swift, who didn’t go to my high school but our rival one.

27 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

I know the video was made for humor but I'm sure the there was a lot of truth to that video.  And yeah, that is so close to Nashville I'd expect a tourist video for Nashville.  Got anything good from there actually?  Or do you just avoid the city all together so you wouldn't really know.

I moved away from Nashville to get a fresh start a few months ago. I miss it a lot, I love that city. We’d go quite frequently, especially for hockey games. But there’s also a charm to having grown up in a smaller suburb just outside of it on the lake. I’m still drawn to bodies of water wherever I am to this day.

I don’t know of any videos off the top of my head, but I’m sure there are a lot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Hard to claim a city as yours if you don't even technically live the same state. 

We get that alot here from the Council Bluffs, Iowa people.  They claim to be from the Omaha area when they are pretty much on another planet over there.  I was part of a group writing Donald Trump when he was in office to say screw the wall between the US and Mexico, build it between Nebraska and Iowa.

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

We get that alot here from the Council Bluffs, Iowa people.  They claim to be from the Omaha area when they are pretty much on another planet over there.  I was part of a group writing Donald Trump when he was in office to say screw the wall between the US and Mexico, build it between Nebraska and Iowa.

I will say that University of Cincinnati does give in-state tuition rates to those you live right across the river.  But it is pretty funny how a small distance can make such a huge difference.  The the Ohio River does act as the line between the Union and the South.  So naturally we would have a difference.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I hardly ever went into Kentucky until college when during the Summer back home I'd often go to Newport on the Levee.  Now that the Banks are a real thing....FINALLY.....I just go there instead.  I think most Ohio people have no aversion to visit Kentucky.  How else where we going to get our cheap booze and cigs.  Party Source is an amazing ambassador for Kentucky 😉.  Now ask me to live in Kentucky and you can go straight to hell as that shit will NEVER happen.  I still have bad memories when I lived in Kentucky for 18 weeks while doing basic training in Fort Knox.  

That's the one reason why we live in Boone County as opposed to Kenton or Campbell Counties (or even Grant County).  In the last decade, Boone County probably has the highest growth of "non-Kentuckians" in it.  Many of our neighbors in our subdivision aren't from Kentucky originally.  I think the draw for Boone are the schools compared to Kenton and Campbell, the airport of course, and all of the undeveloped land 10 years ago that everyone bought up at cheap prices and turned them into "higher end" sub-divisions and suburbs.

Come to think of it, our neighbors across the street are from Arizona, the people behind us are from Michigan, and the people "back-side cadie corner" to us are from Missouri.  And of course, we are from Iowa! 😄

Social Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Sumer said:

That's the one reason why we live in Boone County as opposed to Kenton or Campbell Counties (or even Grant County).  In the last decade, Boone County probably has the highest growth of "non-Kentuckians" in it.  Many of our neighbors in our subdivision aren't from Kentucky originally.  I think the draw for Boone are the schools compared to Kenton and Campbell, the airport of course, and all of the undeveloped land 10 years ago that everyone bought up at cheap prices and turned them into "higher end" sub-divisions and suburbs.

Come to think of it, our neighbors across the street are from Arizona, the people behind us are from Michigan, and the people "back-side cadie corner" to us are from Missouri.  And of course, we are from Iowa! 😄

I take it the "reason" was not the cheap booze and cigs but Boone County getting the in-state tuition rate at UC.  Otherwise you should of moved to Wisconsin, stupid cheap beer up there!  I visited there in college and noticed it, and later on Lewis Black did a skit about it.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 9:31 PM, FireHazard51 said:

I was wondering if I could catch what restaurant was "racist" and HOLY HELL!  Yup, I'm not surprised that you guys haven't figured it was a time to acknowledge that is not acceptable and will eventually get ride of it.   But overall love the effort that went into the video.  This is what I was hoping to see from people.  Also your roundabout isn't THAT big.  160 foot is a standard state/us route roundabout outer diameter roundabout size.  You guys have a 200 foot one.  So yeah, a bit bigger but that just means it's easier to merge.  Not like you'll have that issue in such a "small town".  Man I bet everyone though the roundabout would be the death of everyone.  I deal with public involvement for some of Ohio's roundabout projects as part of my job so I can only imagine how that went down in  your town.

The roundabout really only got installed because we have a lot of farm equipment and semi truck traffic. 🙃 Everyone LOST it when they found out it was going to be put in because they've "never driven in one before." But then again, they also complained when the dairy farm was established and tried to prevent that as well.

There was actually a pretty big fight about the racist restaurant (the Chieftain Conference Center) maybe a year or so ago? The entire community in my hometown just dug in their heels and argued that it's not racist though...so yeah, not surprising for small town North Dakota. 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, MrWunderful said:

Thats actually racist for sure. 100% know its not trying to be, just accepting that “its the way things used to be”

As far as the video, small town tourism video level 3400

Oh for sure it's racist! The inside is absolutely no better either. 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, fcgamer said:

Oh he doesn't need to bother. I didn't even watch the video, but Denmark? Easy peasy.

On the left you'll see some Vikings. Coming up next is the Little Mermaid, followed by the butter cookie factory 😄

edit: I loved Denmark when I visited in 2007, though my wallet hated it.

You forget the Carlsberg brewery where Tuborg is made. 😁

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sumez said:

Tuborg > Carlsberg

But then again pretty much any beer in the world > Carlsberg. Yuck 😆
We got so much great beer made here, and Carlsberg somehow was the one that went global.

Tuborg was my go to while over there. Carlsberg has an odd flavor to it. Special and Tuborg Classic were good, nothing is as good as Christmas Brew though.