IGNORED

Your city's/hometown's promo video

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, ZeldaFan042 said:

This video is full of lies^

That second video at the end had a pretty big dog whistle.  "We are growing in the right direction"  If this is a suburb to Cincinnati I would 100% call it that they mean that they are a "growing white city".  But I don't know anything about East Grand Forks so maybe I reading something that isn't there.

36 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

YouTube didn't let me down when I was looking for a Cincinnati rap song.  They actually did a great job of showing a mix of Cincinnati folks and places.  I'm SHOCKED they showed Cheapside restaurant.  That places is VERY yuppie but amazing food.

Still my favorite local artist/song is Olu's "Apple Juice Break"

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

That second video at the end had a pretty big dog whistle.  "We are growing in the right direction"  If this is a suburb to Cincinnati I would 100% call it that they mean that they are a "growing white city".  But I don't know anything about East Grand Forks so maybe I reading something that isn't there.

They're east of Grand Forks, or to the "right" of Grand Forks, so I think that's the joke

• Haha 1

The tall goofy dude is my cousin Adam.

Heres what about 1/3rd of our city is like...

Theres also a movie called Out of Omaha that follows like 3 high school students trying to make it out of Omaha, I guess its aight...

Edited by SilverspoonGaming
Added second video for perspective
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

The tall goofy dude is my cousin Adam.

Songs not too bad but I can't help but laugh at the idea of "gangster rap" and Nebraska.  I'm sorry but the this ruins it for me

e1e0107d13972eff59b776e9040feaa2.jpg

I know....I don't have room to talk considering this was my college's mascot

Spoiler

Brutus-Buckeye-1170x780.jpg

But nuts be manly and you can't change my mind about that.

Social Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Here, a two-for-one.  The story set in my hometown, but filmed around my current town.  I got married at Tom Skeritt's church

MV5BNzE4YWZkOWMtOWZlNS00NzU4LTk5MDQtZjZkNDllMjM1NGI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

It must be a promo because every damn out-of-stater comes here because of this movie 😒

Man....this is NOT making want to come to any of your two places.  But I'm not a fisher and that seems to play a big part of things.  I've enjoy my fair share of the "untouched wilderness" but that doesn't call to me any more.

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Heres what about 1/3rd of our city is like...

Theres also a movie called Out of Omaha that follows like 3 high school students trying to make it out of Omaha, I guess its aight...

I don't get it, the whole TheRealStreetz series is like documenting how BAD things use to be and how basically things are not as good as before because there are more snitches/rats.  I watched Cincinnati's version and I'm a bit pissed that they only interviewed the West siders and not the East siders.  Though they did mention my old neighborhood Madisonville.  We all know East side is the best side! But I'll let you decide......

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Good.  MFers need to stop infesting our state.  Canada, quick, purchase us! 😅

You guys can join eastern oregon, Eastern washington and some of northeast CA with Idaho and have a true white ethnostate where coastal elites are shot on site! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

😛

But seriously,  here is one for San Francisco: 

But the bay area has a ton of great stuff within a 3 hour drive from SF proper.

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Love 1

Social Team · Posted
49 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You guys can join eastern oregon, Eastern washington and some of northeast CA with Idaho and have a true white ethnostate where coastal elites are shot on site! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

😛

But seriously,  here is one for San Francisco: 

But the bay area has a ton of great stuff within a 3 hour drive from SF proper.

3 hour drive is a big long to drive.  I mean I can reach like 5 metro cities within 3 hours of Cincinnati.  Going up to Columbus can be a "day trip" but really anything further than an hour to me is a overnight trip unless the thing is a short event.  I hate waking up early to drive somewhere and then driving home late a night to get a "day's worth" out of a trip.   

I do love the "photographer's" point of view to go visit somewhere.  Though like 1/4 of all recommendations are just another viewpoint of the golden gate bridge.  I get that it's like a side bonus to the park but still kinda funny how often it's brought up.

5 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

3 hour drive is a big long to drive.  I mean I can reach like 5 metro cities within 3 hours of Cincinnati.  Going up to Columbus can be a "day trip" but really anything further than an hour to me is a overnight trip unless the thing is a short event.  I hate waking up early to drive somewhere and then driving home late a night to get a "day's worth" out of a trip.   

I do love the "photographer's" point of view to go visit somewhere.  Though like 1/4 of all recommendations are just another viewpoint of the golden gate bridge.  I get that it's like a side bonus to the park but still kinda funny how often it's brought up.

Is it though? I hear ya, but we arent talking about going from Indianapolis to Dayton to Columbus.  I wasnt talking metro areas, I was thinking more along the lines of:

Pacific ocean->San Francisco-> redwood forests-> Silicon Valley-> Yosemite 

8 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hey!

...we have some token Natives, thank you very much!

I think you guys have quite a bit of natives don’t you? Probably more than most other states except for maybe Oklahoma, new mexico or California I thought. 

Ive read stories about idahoans complain about people moving in (while simultaneously selling homes at grossly overpriced local rates) is it happening in Montana too?

I live about an hour and a half outside of the Charlotte, NC area and I do NOT consider that my town.  My actual town, Maiden, NC and according to wikipedia, we only hav about 3,300 people.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  I couldn't find a local "promo" video, but our big claim to fame is that within the incorporated area, we have a HUGE Apple data center.  This isn't a tech data center hub or anything and, frankly, I have no clue why Apple decided to build the data center about 12 years ago, but they did.

The nearest town that's much bigger is Hickory, NC.  It's still a pretty small place but at least they have good food, a farm baseball team, and they actually have a really nice art museum.  One of the former furniture factory owners use to really, really be into art collecting from what I understand, and donated all of his art to the museum when he passed away.  Our most prominent piece, I think, is a Warhol, which isn't a big deal for an actual real city, but for a town of about 190,000, that's kind of a big deal.  We're also known for pottery and furniture.  We produce a LOT of furniture in this area.

I know the Town of Hickory did film some promo videos, but I couldn't find them.  Here is a video on the town, though, put out by the state PBS.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Oh really, care to provide a city or country of where you reside?  Usually you don't see your own city's promo video.  But I will say in the US it's pretty crazy how some states/city's will advertise in another's for them to visit.

Lol no, why the heck would they ever do that 😆
I live in a town called Ølstykke if you want to know, good luck on your research 😛 

10 hours ago, Shmup said:

Most states around the world would. They use it for tourism promotion etc. I reckon your city would have one even if it isn’t easy to find.

Okay, well, you also happen to live in a city with a population the size of an entire country, I think it makes a lot more sense for them to actually advertise stuff. 😛 

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

Lol no, why the heck would they ever do that 😆
I live in a town called Ølstykke if you want to know, good luck on your research 😛 

Okay, well, you also happen to live in a city with a population the size of an entire country, I think it makes a lot more sense for them to actually advertise stuff. 😛 

*shrug* might exist but not on the Internet. I guess you’ll have to give me a private tour when I visit Denmark 🙂

We don't have a video like that, so I've substituted the closest thing.

No. I am not joking.

Obviously NSFW.

This town isn't exactly the lawless meth riddled trailer park the game portrays it as, but there are a lot of building here that were put in the game in a very, very accurate way. The gas station in the background of this scene for instance. I get gas there sometimes.  In real life, this area is more of a quiet retirement community, but at the time they were scouting this place to research for the game, it was going through something of a meth crisis so I guess it makes sense they'd do this.  Based on some of the stuff they put in the game, I'm guessing they were doing research in 2008 or 2009.