IGNORED

Your city's/hometown's promo video

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

Show me your city or hometown's promo video to show the highlight of why you should visit or live there.

Spoiler

I'm shocked they didn't mention our zoo as it's always ranked one of the best in the US.

Edited by FireHazard51
Cincinnati Zoo, come on Cincinnati Chamber!

Social Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Are we talking actual city, or closest metro area large city?

If you live in a suburb/city to a larger city then I'd say the metro area city is probably the one.  Basically show me a promo for the area that you live or visit frequently for fun/entertainment.

12 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Why... why would a city have a promo video? This is one of the weirdest things I have seen today 😆

Most states around the world would. They use it for tourism promotion etc. I reckon your city would have one even if it isn’t easy to find.

Here’s mine. Melbourne, Victoria. Australia.

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Why... why would a city have a promo video? This is one of the weirdest things I have seen today 😆

Oh really, care to provide a city or country of where you reside?  Usually you don't see your own city's promo video.  But I will say in the US it's pretty crazy how some states/city's will advertise in another's for them to visit.

1 minute ago, Hammerfestus said:

tenor.gif

I remember when that came out.  Oh man did my Cleveland college roommates hate that video but admit it was 100% true.

Social Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Most states around the world would. They use it for tourism promotion etc. I reckon your city would have one even if it isn’t easy to find.

Here’s mine. Melbourne, Victoria. Australia.

Jesus, is "Melbourne" much larger than a city.  Like the video showed a very urban area and then massive undeveloped land.  Overall video peaked my interested but I wish they actually explain some things.  I'll give a 6/10.   As for showing things that aren't really in the city that is being promoed.  One of my videos was showing up the US Air Museum which is actually in Dayton, Ohio.....about an hour drive from downtown Cincinnati.

Social Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Do people actually visit Ohio? 😆

image.png.0aa00cefb4c5123b9672729cee3755a3.png

We have three professional sports teams and lots of summer events.  Zinzinnati has the largest Oktoberfest outside of Germany.  Our Jazz Festival, now called Cincinnati Music Festival, is another yearly thing that brings a lot of out of town people.  You don't come to Cincinnati to enjoy the weather or "scenic views".  You come here for our events typically.  Or realistically for business purposes.  

10 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Damn, my video left out Kings Island too.  But  you bring up a good point.  I feel like you visit Cleveland for Cedar Point, Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, and Burning River Brewery.

Cincinnati is like the Andy Dalton of cities.

Edited by Hammerfestus

30 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Jesus, is "Melbourne" much larger than a city.  Like the video showed a very urban area and then massive undeveloped land.  Overall video peaked my interested but I wish they actually explain some things.  I'll give a 6/10.   As for showing things that aren't really in the city that is being promoed.  One of my videos was showing up the US Air Museum which is actually in Dayton, Ohio.....about an hour drive from downtown Cincinnati.

Yeah Melbourne covers more than just the CBD. A quick google search says it is 9992.5square meters. All those places are in Melbourne but some further out then others. 
I agree that it is pretty average, it needs a voice over. There’s probably some out there but I had seen this one before and it’s official.

Administrator · Posted
23 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Damn, my video left out Kings Island too.  But  you bring up a good point.  I feel like you visit Cleveland for Cedar Point, Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, and Burning River Brewery.

Uh, you'll be sorely disappointed if you go to Cleveland looking for Cedar Point (it's in a city about halfway between Cleveland and Toledo)