IGNORED

Change of heart

Sooooo. As it turns out I'm enjoying collecting, dare I say it.. More modern stuff? Nintendo ds? 3ds? Wii? Wii u? Heck even switch. 

Never thought I would have fun collecting modern. (still collect the classics)   Most fun I've had collecting in years! Oh and gameboy. I've stayed away from anything gameboy for the last 15 years and now that is even fun to  collect. 

I'm sure there are more like me? Thoughts?

• Like 4

I love collecting Xbox 360 games... If those can still be counted as modern like 15 years since launch, lol!

360 games are cheap and plentiful still, even finding sealed games to open and play you can still find them for like a few bucks! You get some real awesome gameplay for your money too, all the biggest and best games of that generation are present and correct on 360, from your GTA's to your Bioshocks, your Halos to your Forzas, it's all on there! 🙂

13 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I love collecting Xbox 360 games... If those can still be counted as modern like 15 years since launch, lol!

360 games are cheap and plentiful still, even finding sealed games to open and play you can still find them for like a few bucks! You get some real awesome gameplay for your money too, all the biggest and best games of that generation are present and correct on 360, from your GTA's to your Bioshocks, your Halos to your Forzas, it's all on there! 🙂

I figure one day I'll be able to add the pokemon games but that is 100% a seemingly bad idea right now. Unless I get lucky , (Cib collector) and I find one super cheap which isnt likely lol. 

Used to do just do 64 and was getting bored and felt a similar way when I first started collecting nes and snes

19 minutes ago, OptOut said:

90% of what I find in the wild is Xbox 360 games.  I could realistically complete the library within the next 2 years or so from finding games in the wild minus about 6 games I would have to get from Ebay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

90% of what I find in the wild is Xbox 360 games.  I could realistically complete the library within the next 2 years or so from finding games in the wild minus about 6 games I would have to get from Ebay.

Um... so DO IT!!!

360 is an awesome system if you can find a reliable machine! My advice would be to buy some NOS of either the E or S model system, preowned is a HUGE gamble on 360s.

55 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I would think twice about opening some of these if you ever find them sealed lol

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

lmao... can't say i'm familiar with that print though (99% of what i have is north american stuff), so i have no idea what it's worth. 

I'd say it's worth about 7 out of ten. Decent game, fun, but a little simplistic when compared to other Star wars shooters.

• Like 1

i cant find them anymore...not even games. they use to be everywhere.

every $1 that i havent spent, instead passing on buys, no matter what the price, i would bet tuned to be a good deal...a steal today. 

edit: now everybody wants $100 for a xbox or ps2. i would pass on $25 consoles and $5 games...

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

Um... so DO IT!!!

360 is an awesome system if you can find a reliable machine! My advice would be to buy some NOS of either the E or S model system, preowned is a HUGE gamble on 360s.

Ive had a Star Wars edition slim model hooked up for many years, since the day it was released infact.  I have hardly ever powered it on, but if we push each other enough, maybe we can both finish out the library soon.

• Like 1

I collect for anything of the era that belongs to CRTs.  Basically 2003 and earlier.

But then there is the Switch.  I enjoyed the DS/3DS and I want to get the Nintendo staples on those systems that I don't have.  That's mostly a bunch of Metroid stuff and some Mario games.

I bought alot of x360 and ps3 in the beginning because it was cheap and super available. I cleaned house on a FYE that was going out of business and got a lot of 75-90% off. Ah the days when $50 got a bunch of games and not one or two NES or SNES games lol

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

I used to think the Genesis was a pos.

Used to think that if I didn't need multiple games in the same genre.

Used to think that clone games were silly and it was better to play the original. 

Dead Cells and Enter the Gungeon changed my opinion for the better on generated levels.

Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanctuary, and Blasphemous have changed my opinion for the better on Metroidvanias.

I collect the PS4 because it has such a wealth of the kind of stuff that I really like. Thanks to companies like Limited Run Games, I have a large buffet of strange indie games to play, as well as a decent amount of ports of retro games. Tie that together with heavy-hitter AAA-games and it's been an enjoyable ride, though I will say I am coming close to having everything I REALLY want aside from some of the expensive stuff. 

18 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I went to the store and bought some condoms but I wanted to keep them sealed for the future.  Might be first print hurr durr.  And now I get woken up every morning at 5 am.  Thanks WATA you ah ah shhh

I have one from the time I was on Mtv's Singled Out. It went from being a token of my time there to being a reminder why they ended up doing a show about Teen Moms.

• Wow! 3
  • Haha 2