IGNORED

Change of heart

Since people asked...

IMG-2092.jpg.27d8e2a82c0eee89de1c7f139ff54889.jpg

And for the record, I was on when Carmen Electra took over. She touched my hand and back a few times.

...Which is not why I never touch a game I plan to have CAS grade. My goal for that is something I have to say is my means of collecting these days. (Even though I cannot decide if 1990s Caren Electra is sexier than a Sega Dreamcast game that was not graded by Wata. 🤔)

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

Since people asked...

IMG-2092.jpg.27d8e2a82c0eee89de1c7f139ff54889.jpg

And for the record, I was on when Carmen Electra took over. She touched my hand and back a few times.

...Which is not why I never touch a game I plan to have CAS grade. My goal for that is something I have to say is my means of collecting these days. (Even though I cannot decide if 1990s Caren Electra is sexier than a Sega Dreamcast game that was not graded by Wata. 🤔)

Does the Dreamcast game have big fake....inserts?  Ba dum tss

• Haha 1

Anywho... @Fryer64... I wanted to say this sooner, but did not know how. 😅

I collect Dragon Quest games, and stuff tied to the franchise. In 2017, I ended up completing a good chunk of both the main series and the spin-off stuff by hunting down said games in parts of Tokyo. I also got to experience the Dragon Quest Museum in Nagoya, Dragon Quest the Live at USJ, with stuff to show for it.

But what had me end that was a series of events that had the CIB stuff make me feel overwhelmed, not having the money to upgrade anything I did have, and the eventual toxic behaviors found on social media. Which is a major league issue for me as it has caused many things I either loved or enjoyed to become emotionally/mentally toxic in the end. Which is in the past, and not some landfill that is currently home to most of my old collection.

What got me back into it is a weird story. It all started after the fact I thought Ryan Reynolds would do a good job being the Green Lantern.

A lot longer.

Closer to this timeline was the moment I picked up the first of the Weekly Jump Pirates Club telecards I still own. These are Sofia and Arena (Alena), followed with Solo. In between I bought a Smile Slime item because I thought it would be a fun collectible. This expanded into me getting Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Victory, followed by me scoring a sealed Japanese PS2 copy of Dragon Quest VIII for a very good price.

Which also had me buy both a sealed Japanese copy of Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 (because @OptOut's collection reminded me on how much I like the Sega Dreamcast) and a sealed copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Special Trial Ver. (because less than 10,000 copies are left sealed). And even then, those are in my collection because I would not have known how much I liked console RPGs if I did not have the first Dragon Warrior game.

So as my tally stands? Lets just say that I have a complete set for both the GBC and DS. That I have a few first prints that I am happy to own. And I am hoping that others here might get something that I may want to get while I wait for Dragon Quest XII to be up for pre-order. 🙂

• Like 1

Prices got too ridonkulous for NES and games from the 16/32-bit era so I just started buying physcial Switch games that are reissues of old games (Wild Guns, Cotton reboot, Capcom Beat 'Em Up collection, Aleste Collection etc) to save me the headache of paying out the ass for some of the originals.  I'm enjoying collecting those and not breaking the bank.

Edited by 8bitsupremacy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, drxandy said:

Hold on, singled out! That's so cool you were on it @FenrirZeroholy crap so cool you still have the condom. If I were you I would be finding that video and treasuring it. 

Sadly, the second episode (first we recorded) got recorded over. 😑 It sucks more than the time I was going to find out if I appeared on Japanese TV, but ended up having bad luck thanks to a hipster crossing my path. 😭

• Wow! 1