IGNORED

Mega Man Wiley Wars

a3quit4s

I thought this was pretty cool. Preorders go up tomorrow. 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/05/one_of_the_rarest_mega_man_titles_is_getting_a_physical_reprint

$70 seems pretty high for what you are actually getting but I think the blue cart is nice and I don't think I've ever actually played Wiley Wars so I may pick it up. 

• Like 1

I know someone, somewhere, made a nice quality "repro" of this.  You can find them on eBay with a high quality label, case insert and manual for about $40.  Regardless, this is a semi-official CAPCOM release, since the rights were properly secured, so this is pretty cool to see.

This is probably going to seem odd, but I've played very few Mega Man games, but I find myself quite compelled to collect "all games Mega Man" because I loved Duck Tales so much, and I've always heard it was a Mega Man game skinned as a Disney title.  I guess my intent is to one day play through the collection.  Some day.

Anyway, I might have to pick this one up.  I've wanted to get a physical of this game for years.  $70 is a tad high, but I've paid more than that for other games.

$70 is a little steep, but I thought it was going to be at least $100 like those Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X iam8bit cartridges so I'm not complaining.

I'm not really that into collector's editions. I have a collector's edition copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for GameCube, Mega Man 11 amiibo Edition, and the Strictly Limited Games Bubble Bobble 4 Friends collector's edition for Switch. Still, I sort of want this since it's the first time Wily Wars has officially been released physically in America for the real Sega Genesis.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to make the purchase, though...but that blue cartridge looks nice.

Edited by MegaMan52

6 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

$70 is a little steep, but I thought it was going to be at least $100 like those Mega Man 2 and Mega Man X iam8bit cartridges.

I'm not really that into collector's editions. I have a collector's edition copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for GameCube, Mega Man 11 amiibo Edition, and the Strictly Limited Games Bubble Bobble 4 Friends collector's edition for Switch. Still, I sort of want this since it's the first time Wily Wars has officially been released physically in America for the real Sega Genesis.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to make the purchase, though.

I agree that $70 is a bit steep but I've simply manage to just get myself to always buy 2x of everything I get through LRG and the like.  Call me a dirty reseller, but it seems there's always a sizable pool of people that are missing the initial release of every game.  When your copy finally arrives, drop your second copy on eBay or a FB group and you can easily recoup some or all of your costs for the game.

I'm not saying this will always be the case, but I'm still kind of shocked that people have yet to figure out how these limited print run game work.  Seriously, just follow LRG or Super Rare and order the game when it's released for sale and be patient.  I'm not really looking to get rich, but there's nothing wrong in recouping some of your costs for those who can't plan ahead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

What's semi about it? It's a fully official, fully licensed release.

I don't understand what's on the cartridge though, is it 4 games total?

Some people like to argue about the definition of the word “licensed” as it relates to collecting. Generally when the term licensed is used, what they mean is “licensed by Sega for play on the Genesis”

Sega is no longer licensing Genesis games. And the original game was published by Capcom so the Megaman IP wasn’t originally licensed to a third party. For these newly released Genesis games, when they say “licensed”, what they mean is “Retro-bit got a license from Capcom to publish a game using the Megaman IP”.

Theres no licensing or involvement from Sega involved in these new releases.

Edited by phart010
  • Like 3

I’m surprised anyone cares about Sega’s approval because no one ever cared about collecting licensed Genesis games in the first place like with NES. I’ve actually never seen a list that excludes games like Mike Ditka Power Football and Star Control as dirty unlicensed games.

The fact that it’s a legal release and not some OCDReproductions stolen crap is all that matters.

Edited by DefaultGen