IGNORED

Can someone provide help on doing Instragram?

JVOSS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

That's funny.  I had no idea.  I've had Instagram for years now, but I've never posted a single thing.  I use it for viewing only.  

I did the same thing, I used it for 2-3 years to narrow down 5 tattoo artists to 1 and finally make an appointment. I just started posting things to it just because I have such a massive collection and people seem to freak out when I post some of the rarer stuff.

I can confirm there's no official way to upload from the desktop.  My wife use to run a business that relied heavily on all socials to get out content.

Instagram was always a pain point.  The best solution around it is to use a third party tool which has integrated their API.  In her case, I can't recall the site, but there was a tool where you could pre-schedule posts, and sync-publish them Insta/FB/Twitter/Pinterest/etc.  She would set it all up for the week on a Sunday evening and then let it run itself for the week.  You can do something like that on a PC, but again, you can't go to instagram.com and upload photos.  For some reason, they want it to feel like a selfie-focused "app" site.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Wow I had no idea it was this complicated haha. Looks like using Chrome dev tools to load up the mobile version is the best way

2 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Care to share any more info? What are you attempting to do? Is there an error popping up? Did you look up any step by step tutorials for posting on desktop? What size/file format is the image?

@BortLicensePlateno errors just no interaction or buttons to add like you see from the phone..

All thanks, the chrome and Bing dev tools work poorly but it will help now.

now what is upsetting and i have googled this to extent is that some photos can work but others won't.

example.  i have an image that is 2000x2000 pix and it show up fine. but when i reduce the size to focus more on the subject.  IG only show a 1/4 of the image.  any suggestions on this??

Edited by JVOSS
correct spelling

3 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

All thank the chrom and bing dev tools work poorly but it will help now.

no what is upsetting and i have googled this to extent is that some photos can work but others won't.

example.  i have an image that is 2000x2000 pix and it show up fine. but when i reduce the size to focus more on the subject.  IG only show a 1/4 of the image.  any suggestions on this??

If you're trying to resize it in the browser I've never had luck with that working well. Better to resize/crop it to 1080x1080px in an image editor then upload via desktop.

Just now, DefaultGen said:

I like Paint.net in terms of free and easy to use. But I play old Nintendo games and am set in my ways, there could be new hotness.

Rick Brewster keeps Paint.Net up to date.  It's the best, free photo editor out their for Windows.  On my MacOS I use Pixelmator, but I'm not in love with it and it's not free.  I just hate Photoshop.  I know anyone that's been using PS for 20 years may ask why, but it has NEVER been intuitive.  Back in the early 2000s, I was all about PaintShop Pro and it was 1000x easier to use, intuitive and just as feature rich.  If only they would have made a MacOS build, but I digress.

I have photoshop 7 so it's wont work to open .webb. now have to use paint.net just a little less feature rich. find my self looking for tools that i think should be there but not. 

been trying to post this: HOTW.thumb.jpg.56a9b97ce13142a9f9bc97c1811ea166.jpg

but i get this:HOTWcrap.thumb.jpg.b5b448cf3d2dd2aba8580785aaa0b706.jpg

Administrator · Posted
Just now, JVOSS said:

I have photoshop 7 so it's wont work to open .webb. now have to use paint.net just a little less feature rich. find my self looking for tools that i think should be there but not. 

been trying to post this: HOTW.thumb.jpg.56a9b97ce13142a9f9bc97c1811ea166.jpg

but i get this:HOTWcrap.thumb.jpg.b5b448cf3d2dd2aba8580785aaa0b706.jpg

Use Photopea: https://www.photopea.com/

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Guys, if you want to edit images, use the largest free editing program available. It's called The GIMP and I actually find it better than Photoshop.

It's just called "GIMP" lol. Not sure they'd like being called "The GIMP". xD