IGNORED

Can someone provide help on doing Instragram?

JVOSS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIMP is pretty good. A little clunky for some things (and Photoshop is a little clunky in others.) I've used both regularly for decades.

Funny thing, I used GIMP at work because work didn't want to spring for Photoshop, and Photoshop at home that I bought for myself on sale, and had that arrangement for years and years. Then I got a new computer and didn't feel like spending for the newest Photoshop, so I used GIMP at home. Like a month later, work said, "Hey, everyone gets Photoshop!"

Edited by Tulpa

6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

If you're trying to resize it in the browser I've never had luck with that working well. Better to resize/crop it to 1080x1080px in an image editor then upload via desktop.

1 hour ago, Robot_Ninjutsu said:

Instagram pictures should be square in shape (ex. 1500x1500). You need to make the picture width the same size as the height and "fill in" all the space on the sides with a solid color (black).

@DefaultGenand @Robot_Ninjutsuis the trick.  so the image just showed up as the full image just not zoom-able but at this point i don't think it will matter.

@JVOSSAs long as I've been using GIMP, I've actually never got into using the plug-ins much. 

I use it mostly to crop & resize, something Paint.net could do.  I do use layers. color fix, and cloning when whatever I'm doing requires it.

Intermediate Amateur is how I'd classify my skill level with it.

• Haha 1

If you ever get to a point where you want to make custom game covers, or make your own custom binder cover, or anything on that level, then you can do all that with the tools included with GIMP.

Just remember this rule when it comes to pictures:  Scaling down from a large picture is fine. Scaling up a small picture will make it look terrible (and pixelated).

• Thanks 1