IGNORED

Work In Progress: Complete List of NA(US) Game Boy Cartridge Variants

RH

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

i do need a lot of help if you can provide.  there are 25 more that might have this variant. some i just have one of and it very hard to see on line.  would you be willing to check what you have in your sets?

Yep, which ones are they? There's a few of us with complete sets.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

What are the 25 that could have this variant?

Fortress of Fear: Wizards & Warriors X
Golf
Hyper Lode Runner
Boxxle
Kwirk
Malibu Beach Volleyball
Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World
Flipull
NFL Football
Heiankyo Alien
Fist of the North Star
Nemesis
Q Billion
World Bowling
Qix
Batman
Shanghai
Bases Loaded
Dexterity
Lock 'N Chase
Paperboy
Daedalian Opus
Penguin Wars
Gargoyle's Quest
Amazing SpiderMan, The

39 minutes ago, JVOSS said:
Golf
Hyper Lode Runner
Boxxle
Kwirk
Malibu Beach Volleyball
Flipull
NFL Football
Heiankyo Alien
Fist of the North Star
Nemesis
Q Billion
World Bowling
Qix
Batman
Shanghai
Bases Loaded
Dexterity
Lock 'N Chase
Paperboy
Daedalian Opus
Penguin Wars
Gargoyle's Quest
Amazing SpiderMan, The

Thanks!

2 hours ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Thanks!

example of crazy stuff.

BB has 2 errors  one is the TM/R OSQ but in the same thing the -1 version has a TM so is this corrected or left as is?  the manuals will tell but most don't show the manual so i just don't know if the -1 is an uncorrected error cart..

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

I think at this point we're REALLY splitting hairs at an obsessive level.  There should be subcategories between major and minor variants.

is that how it is handle in the NES/SNES carts.. Not that i have read/seen  in fact you have the NES Rare page.  this is just like any talk about variants we share what we find and you use what you want. 

6 hours ago, JVOSS said:
Golf
Hyper Lode Runner
Boxxle
Kwirk
Malibu Beach Volleyball
Flipull
NFL Football
Heiankyo Alien
Fist of the North Star
Nemesis
Q Billion
World Bowling
Qix
Batman
Shanghai
Bases Loaded
Dexterity
Lock 'N Chase
Paperboy
Daedalian Opus
Penguin Wars
Gargoyle's Quest
Amazing SpiderMan, The

Thanks!

3 hours ago, JVOSS said:

let me know if you find any that have this.  right now i have been working down the list and found a few errors and board difference.

Looks like all of mine are either R or blob

https://imgur.com/a/WDOlCNP

4 hours ago, samsamsamsmasmasma said:

Thanks!

Looks like all of mine are either R or blob

https://imgur.com/a/WDOlCNP

love the Boxxle photo what region was that.  pic is of a pal osq... only USA has the R,  now the CANADA is interesting as they use TM*  for something i don't know yet....  you did have a tm OSQ on

10 hours ago, JVOSS said:

love the Boxxle photo what region was that.  pic is of a pal osq... only USA has the R,  now the CANADA is interesting as they use TM*  for something i don't know yet....  you did have a tm OSQ on

Opps the boxxle is ukv. Don't Know how that slipped in

My golf looks like a tm.  Hard to say for sure though when I zoom I'm further it just looks like a blob

https://imgur.com/a/k5Wf047

Definitely another variant. Here is the R

s-l1600 (2).jpg

This one looks like an R too. It's hard to tell

https://merc.li/SqPdp6X6b?sv=0

Edited by samsamsamsmasmasma

@JVOSS I don’t know how deep your pockets are, but one way you can accelerate this is to go over to LukieGames.com and order up their entire inventory for any specific game.  They 100% pay for the returns and you can return for any reason.

I did this with maybe 20-30 games when I was going for my complete set and I wanted excellent conditioned carts. It’s be a good way to get large batches of games to look for variants too.

Also, I emailed them before I did that and they were fine with it.  I didn’t want to abuse the system and since they gave me a pass, I did it a LOT.  There was nothing to lose and all you had to do was have the cash to make the purchases.

3 hours ago, RH said:

@JVOSS I don’t know how deep your pockets are, but one way you can accelerate this is to go over to LukieGames.com and order up their entire inventory for any specific game.  They 100% pay for the returns and you can return for any reason.

I did this with maybe 20-30 games when I was going for my complete set and I wanted excellent conditioned carts. It’s be a good way to get large batches of games to look for variants too.

Also, I emailed them before I did that and they were fine with it.  I didn’t want to abuse the system and since they gave me a pass, I did it a LOT.  There was nothing to lose and all you had to do was have the cash to make the purchases.

that is cool.  right now i'm sitting about 600 USA carts deep on the extra carts side, and i haven't even started on the "Set" carts.  it's a long process... it just time...  

and a lot of cool stuff has been developing as i go through the carts.  i guessing i can almost make a new set with all the different nuances..

On 8/24/2023 at 7:02 PM, JVOSS said:

is that how it is handle in the NES/SNES carts.. Not that i have read/seen  in fact you have the NES Rare page.  this is just like any talk about variants we share what we find and you use what you want. 

Can you explain this to me again?  I can't understand at all what you're trying to tell me.