How do you eat an Oreo?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How do you eat an Oreo?

• Cookie first
    • Cream first
    • Whole

4 hours ago, RH said:

This is a total parental fail.

You buy TWO packs.  Leave one in the communal snack spot that the kids have to fight over, and you put your pack conveniently in that top cabinet above the stove, that only you and your wife can reach, and the kiddos know nothing about because you raid it after they go to bed.

I won't say if I know this trick from experience. I can't let my secrets out.

I do this, but my kids will climb and HUNT. They've already found and eaten all the Valentine's candy my wife got. I've tried the cabinet above the oven, on top of the actual cabinet, in my closet, etc...

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, PII said:

I rarely have them anymore, but if I do I dunk them in water rather than milk and they simply melt/dis-integrate in my mouth.  The @BattySalem technique of using hot coffee is at least equally good if not better, but using milk does not work.

how to delete someone else's post

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Splain said:

I love Oreos. Just regular, not flavored, not double-stuf, regular ol' Oreos. Dipped in milk. And they're apparently vegan, so they're undeniably healthy for you. So many delicious calories.

Can't argue with that logic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Splain said:

I love Oreos. Just regular, not flavored, not double-stuf, regular ol' Oreos.

😮 

Once Oreo had the "The Most Stuf" Oreos, it kind of ruined Oreos for me. The cookies are just a pretense for the direct hit of pure crack cocaine sugar for me. Even Mega Stuf seems wimpy by comparison now.

I0TNVQD.png

• Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

holy crap.. I had no idea they made anything more than Double Stuff o_O

I used to like the Double Stuff.. I felt that was a perfect ratio of cookie to sugar hit

edit: speaking of cookies.,. anyone ever try Hydrox?

I used to eat Hydrox as a kid!! I can't remember anything about them being better/worse than Oreos. But I'm willing to make a guess.

They made a joke on Parks n Rec about Hydrax cookies, an off-brand Hydrox. For some reason I thought that was hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splain said:

I used to eat Hydrox as a kid!! I can't remember anything about them being better/worse than Oreos. But I'm willing to make a guess.

They made a joke on Parks n Rec about Hydrax cookies, an off-brand Hydrox. For some reason I thought that was hilarious.

Hydrox cookies were made by Sunshine Biscuits - first made in 1908.  Oreos were not made until 1912 and were a copy of Hydrox.   

• Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, Pendragonx said:

correct .. It's funny ..I had just assumed Hyrdox is a knock off because Oreo is the more well-known brand, but yeah.. they were the originals

I have a box like this one - except mine is in much much better shape.  Don't know how old it is but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes back to that era.681796226144223JoeH.thumb.jpeg.1bda2ea1fa9df74e9547e510967a9017.jpeg

• Wow! 1