IGNORED

What is this?

Jeevan

What is this?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

So we D&D'ed last night, and can confirm, someone ate skyline, 2 someones, and they said their stomachs were upset........

Why would you do this to yourself.......

I've eaten it twice this week. It's never bothered my stomach, but after eating it for 35+ years, I'm likely immune to any negative effects.

Interesting...

8 hours ago, Jeevan said:

the original question is because someone said it was chili and i said it was a potato with chili and cheese.  It was someone and i having a conversation on discord that got brought here to settle the debate.  They said it was just called chili while i said it was called a potato (loaded with chili/cheese).

I see... yeah, to call that "chili" would be very odd and incorrect in my regards.

5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

what's stuffed inside?  I mean, it can definitely be used like a bowl, but it is still a potato and not a bowl.  I would say that is a vessel of delicious goodness.

Well... a potato can be all three. A potato can be a potato, a bowl, and a vessel of delicious goodness. 

If a potato "can definitely be used like a bowl" then it can indeed, be a bowl. 

It's like the bread bowl soups that you see at some fancy places... except the bowl is the potato... and you eat it. 

Also.... what's with this "Skyline chili"? Big American brand? 

Edited by AirVillain
Skyline chili?

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I blame my self for not feeling good before I ate dinner.  It was a lost cause before I even began eating.  @nettenetteget's an upset stomach from a lot of things but rarely Skyline.  THAT should tell you a lot.

You need to level up btw!

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

200w.gif

edit: Oh fuck, you don't know the Simpsons.  What I meant was...

nerd-the-simpsons (1).gif

It's ok, its super fun, kinda like SMT V

15 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Interesting...

I see... yeah, to call that "chili" would be very odd and incorrect in my regards.

Well... a potato can be all three. A potato can be a potato, a bowl, and a vessel of delicious goodness. 

If a potato "can definitely be used like a bowl" then it can indeed, be a bowl. 

It's like the bread bowl soups that you see at some fancy places... except the bowl is the potato... and you eat it. 

Also.... what's with this "Skyline chili"? Big American brand? 

Oh god.......Our new Social Media guy needs your address please 😆

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Not sure I understand. 

You're going to send me some of this chili or you think it's funny because I don't know what it is? 

@FireHazard51 likes to say that skyline is the unofficial sponor of vgs.......he preaches skyline chili like none other.  He sent me a care package without being prompted, i was just kidding because you might cause him to have an aneurysm by not knowing what it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@FireHazard51 likes to say that skyline is the unofficial sponor of vgs.......he preaches skyline chili like none other.  He sent me a care package without being prompted, i was just kidding because you might cause him to have an aneurysm by not knowing what it is.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. 

Dang son... FireHazard better come through with the goods on this one. I mean, if he truly loves this "Skyline" chili as much as he says he does. 

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

They also have a few locations in South Florida for some reason.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about some smaller chains, but they'll have a strong presence in a certain region, and then pockets in some far off area. Like, California, Arizona, Nevada, and then randomly Vermont will have a couple of stores.

13 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Cornhole_detail_updated_1500x.jpg?v=1569

Cincinnati Chili Enjoy It With Crackers - Cincy Shirts

Yowza... you do take this shit seriously. 

One thing I don't get is the name of the "3-Way"....

It's not like you're having a potato 3 cooked different ways in one. Okay, there's 3 main ingredients (if we're counting chili as one single ingredient). 

So it's 3 different ingredients.... 3-way? 

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Yowza... you do take this shit seriously. 

One thing I don't get is the name of the "3-Way"....

It's not like you're having a potato 3 cooked different ways in one. Okay, there's 3 main ingredients (if we're counting chili as one single ingredient). 

So it's 3 different ingredients.... 3-way? 

A 3 way refers to the classic spaghetti dish although there are variations (Technically, the potato would be a form of a 3 way). A 2 way consists of chili and spaghetti. A 3 way is chili, spaghetti and cheese. A 4 way is chili, spaghetti and cheese with onions OR beans. A 5 way is chili, spaghetti, cheese, onions AND beans. There is also a place called Blue Ash Chili that serves a 6 way, which is a 5 way with jalapenos added. Now you're a Cincy chili expert. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Love 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, AirVillain said:

Also.... what's with this "Skyline chili"?

Midwesterners feel pride about it, the same way New Yorkers do about their pizza. I've never eaten it, but from what I can tell, its a sweet, beanless chili covered with about 7 pounds of finely shredded cheddar cheese.

6 hours ago, G-type said:

Midwesterners feel pride about it, the same way New Yorkers do about their pizza. I've never eaten it, but from what I can tell, its a sweet, beanless chili covered with about 7 pounds of finely shredded cheddar cheese.

You can also order this 8 lb version if you're really enthusiastic about it. I have to wonder if @FireHazard51 has tried it before.

https://blueashchili.com/no-freakin-way-challenge/

cover_0802_blueashchili_hb_12.5aa2d8c950

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Very very interesting. 

On 7/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

A 3 way refers to the classic spaghetti dish although there are variations (Technically, the potato would be a form of a 3 way). A 2 way consists of chili and spaghetti. A 3 way is chili, spaghetti and cheese. A 4 way is chili, spaghetti and cheese with onions OR beans. A 5 way is chili, spaghetti, cheese, onions AND beans. There is also a place called Blue Ash Chili that serves a 6 way, which is a 5 way with jalapenos added. Now you're a Cincy chili expert. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Most excellent. Thank you for the explanation. I think I am understanding this more. 

My first thought, though, is the numbering system. The 4th/5th ones are a bit excessive. But I suppose it sounds cool. 

Reason being once you are past #3, you're simply adding items, and the 4th could be different given it can be either beans OR onions. 

Thus to me it makes more sense to be like "I'd like a 3-way with beans", instead of "I'd like a 4 way with beans."

I suppose it's just a colloquial thing. 

When you order #4-way how do you say it? 

Because I do understand it and it does make sense. Plus it sounds a lot cooler when you say "5-way". 

15 hours ago, G-type said:

Sweet..... BEANLESS chili?? WHAT THA FUQ? This sounds wild to me. If there's no beans in it, what the hell IS in it?

*Internet search..... Okay, so it's a chain of restaurants that serves predominantly chili.

9 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can also order this 8 lb version if you're really enthusiastic about it. I have to wonder if @FireHazard51 has tried it before.

https://blueashchili.com/no-freakin-way-challenge/

cover_0802_blueashchili_hb_12.5aa2d8c950

That is fucking SOMETHING. 

Okay, I think I know the answer to this, but here's something that's also throwing me off. 

It always refers to "spaghetti", but to me spaghetti includes noodles AND sauce. 

But in this case, I think it's JUST the spaghetti noodles and the chili is basically the sauce. 

Can you please confirm?

When I went with my family we went to the other location, place was great. I had the 6 way, but I'm either way about the beans gotta have the onions. Holy crap! he devoured that, like half gone after 2 mins jeeeeze

Edit: 8mins wtf whyyyy

Edited by drxandy