What is this?

Jeevan

What is this?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What is this?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Very very interesting. 

Most excellent. Thank you for the explanation. I think I am understanding this more. 

My first thought, though, is the numbering system. The 4th/5th ones are a bit excessive. But I suppose it sounds cool. 

Reason being once you are past #3, you're simply adding items, and the 4th could be different given it can be either beans OR onions. 

Thus to me it makes more sense to be like "I'd like a 3-way with beans", instead of "I'd like a 4 way with beans."

I suppose it's just a colloquial thing. 

When you order #4-way how do you say it? 

Because I do understand it and it does make sense. Plus it sounds a lot cooler when you say "5-way". 

If you order a 4 way, you just say you want a 4 way onion or a 4 way bean. It is basically a 3 way with onions or beans added, but I guess somewhere along the way it was decided that 4 way sounded better. Also, a spaghetti with chili is called a 2 way as you can just order a plain bowl of chili if you like.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Helper · Posted
27 minutes ago, drxandy said:

When I went with my family we went to the other location, place was great. I had the 6 way, but I'm either way about the beans gotta have the onions. Holy crap! he devoured that, like half gone after 2 mins jeeeeze

Edit: 8mins wtf whyyyy

The question is, why not?

Interesting.... 

On 7/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, Jeevan said:

This is fucking wild. 

Why does he have to devour it so quickly? It's disgusting. I actually thought it looked kind of good until he started eating it. 

On 7/17/2022 at 6:19 PM, drxandy said:

When I went with my family we went to the other location, place was great. I had the 6 way, but I'm either way about the beans gotta have the onions. Holy crap! he devoured that, like half gone after 2 mins jeeeeze

Edit: 8mins wtf whyyyy

Please see above... also, it's insane. I'm also questioning why on earth someone would try to do that. 

On 7/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you order a 4 way, you just say you want a 4 way onion or a 4 way bean. It is basically a 3 way with onions or beans added, but I guess somewhere along the way it was decided that 4 way sounded better. Also, a spaghetti with chili is called a 2 way as you can just order a plain bowl of chili if you like.

Aaaaaahhhhhh.... gotcha. "4 way onion". Makes sense. 

I like the thinly shredded cheese. 

Is the chili meat chili...? like.... ground beef? 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Why does he have to devour it so quickly? It's disgusting. I actually thought it looked kind of good until he started eating it. 

the longer you wait, the fuller you get i imagine, its all chemical/hormone based, or is partly that way.

37 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yes, it's lean ground beef. The consistency is pretty much the same as the meat sauce you would find on traditional spaghetti.

Interesting okay... well thank you for the explanation. 

Different type of chili than I'm used to (lots of veggies) so it kinda through me of as to what the "chili" was. 

I think the best looking things are those jalapeno caps or whatever. Those look tasty. Those with some ranch or garlic dip would be great I would think.

56 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Interesting okay... well thank you for the explanation. 

Different type of chili than I'm used to (lots of veggies) so it kinda through me of as to what the "chili" was. 

I think the best looking things are those jalapeno caps or whatever. Those look tasty. Those with some ranch or garlic dip would be great I would think.

There's a lot of interesting ingredients in Cincinnati chili that most people wouldn't even think of.

Cincinnati-Chili-Ingredients-Culinary-Hi

21 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@AirVillain Disclaimer **kinda gross eating**  😆

Is this the @FireHazard51 and @nettenette Date night?

WHUT THA FUQ!? What have you done to me? Haha... you did give me a disclaimer, though, thank you. Obviously, I had to watch it. 

I guess the point is to eat it fast but that's nasty. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

There's a lot of interesting ingredients in Cincinnati chili that most people wouldn't even think of.

Cincinnati-Chili-Ingredients-Culinary-Hi

Wow..... interesting for sure. The lady in the video was calling out the cinnamon and chocolate, haha. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

WHUT THA FUQ!? What have you done to me? Haha... you did give me a disclaimer, though, thank you. Obviously, I had to watch it. 

I guess the point is to eat it fast but that's nasty. 

Wow..... interesting for sure. The lady in the video was calling out the cinnamon and chocolate, haha. 

I don't really taste any individual ingredients for the most part. Skyline seems to have a bit stronger taste than Gold Star, at least to me.

Okay... I'm intrigued. 

On 7/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, FireHazard51 said:

I don't know how the fuck they manage to eat that much food.  I 100% approve of that guy showing how much cheese was used on top.  That checks out.

Love all that shredded cheese and the jalapeno things looks delightful.

Please see below re: The "Chili" being used/sold at these restaurants....

Also, I see that there are tiny little crackers sprinkled all over the website for the Skyline chili, so I now understand the meme you posted. 

8 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't really taste any individual ingredients for the most part. Skyline seems to have a bit stronger taste than Gold Star, at least to me.

So like... is THAT what "chili" is to people in Cincinnati? I mean... if you make chili at home is it like that? 

Or is it just a style of chili that this place came up with and thus became a popular Cincinnati chili spot?? 

I mean, for me.... chili has vegetables involved. 

I had to look up Gold Star, obviously. Also a Chili Chain.... but doesn't seem to have near as many restaurants?

OKAY.... so now I'm looking at the Menu's from 3 different, what I assume are the largest chains with this deal (Gold Star, Skyline, and Blue Ash Chili) .... and I will give you my menu items I would order on any given trip... 

Some look fucking delightful. 

Gold Star: Veggie Chili Cheese Sandwich, Chili Cheese Fries, Chili Salad. 

Skyline: Probably skip it due to lack of vegetarian chili option and no awesome sides to save it. 

Blue Ash Chili: Fried Egg Sandwich with Pepper Jack on White. MUH FUCKIN JALAPENO CAPS. Dogless Popper (Minus the Chili)....

I think Blue Ash Chili would be #1 on my list. 

Social Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

So like... is THAT what "chili" is to people in Cincinnati? I mean... if you make chili at home is it like that? 

Or is it just a style of chili that this place came up with and thus became a popular Cincinnati chili spot?? 

Note that most people that make it at home buy the can/bag stuff or they will use a Cincinnati Chili season mix....

Usually when we say we are having a chili it's chili like you know of.  If it's Cincinnati chili then we usually say the brand or the "way".  "Do you want to make Skyline for dinner tonight?"  "I'm feeling like a 3-way for lunch".  

51kc5vbBLsL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

176 pages of goodness.  

8 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Okay... I'm intrigued. 

Love all that shredded cheese and the jalapeno things looks delightful.

Please see below re: The "Chili" being used/sold at these restaurants....

Also, I see that there are tiny little crackers sprinkled all over the website for the Skyline chili, so I now understand the meme you posted. 

I mean, for me.... chili has vegetables involved. 

I had to look up Gold Star, obviously. Also a Chili Chain.... but doesn't seem to have near as many restaurants?

OKAY.... so now I'm looking at the Menu's from 3 different, what I assume are the largest chains with this deal (Gold Star, Skyline, and Blue Ash Chili) .... and I will give you my menu items I would order on any given trip... 

Some look fucking delightful. 

Gold Star: Veggie Chili Cheese Sandwich, Chili Cheese Fries, Chili Salad. 

Skyline: Probably skip it due to lack of vegetarian chili option and no awesome sides to save it. 

Blue Ash Chili: Fried Egg Sandwich with Pepper Jack on White. MUH FUCKIN JALAPENO CAPS. Dogless Popper (Minus the Chili)....

I think Blue Ash Chili would be #1 on my list. 

Most places still call that style of chili "Cincinnati chili" here as plenty of restaurants serve "traditional" chili or even both. Cincinnati chili was created here back in the 1920s, hence the name. There's actually a lot of good information about the history on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

9 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Note that most people that make it at home buy the can/bag stuff or they will use a Cincinnati Chili season mix....

Usually when we say we are having a chili it's chili like you know of.  If it's Cincinnati chili then we usually say the brand or the "way".  "Do you want to make Skyline for dinner tonight?"  "I'm feeling like a 3-way for lunch".  

51kc5vbBLsL._SX335_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

176 pages of goodness.  

Okay... excellent. Thank you for the explanation.

Buddy making the chili was pretty funny. 

Interesting with the vernacular, but it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Most places still call that style of chili "Cincinnati chili" here as plenty of restaurants serve "traditional" chili or even both. Cincinnati chili was created here back in the 1920s, hence the name. There's actually a lot of good information about the history on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

You've just expanded my brain. 

THIS MAKES EVERYTHING SO CLEAR. 

You see, my initial confusion was why the chili was being used as a sauce for the spaghetti. 

NOW. I. GET. IT. 

Back in the day it was literally created as a sauce for hot dogs.... then added to noodles for "Chili Spaghetti", then buddy added cheese because ppl asked for it. Incredible progression.

Chili Spaghetti with cheese, onions, or beans seems very accurate.... but apparently was not efficient enough for ordering and also doesn't sound nearly as cool. 

• Agree 1