IGNORED

Fighting Scalpers -- the thread

14 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I just walked into Best Buy one day and asked if they had the OLED model and they did and it was the white version I wanted. Guess I just got lucky

Yeah dumb luck, nice one.  I've done that before, and had pretty solid luck as they'll have stuff still in back if asked if not in plain sight as people are selectively blind too.  I'm going there shortly, going to grab that Zelda G&W as I couldn't get out yesterday for it.  I know the scalpers are trying on those, failing miserably too because Nintendo overstocked them like the still (here and there present) Super mario bros one which is awesome.

• Like 1

Well I outdid a scalper today, dumb luck really.  Went looking for Zelda, did what I did with SMB, grabbed one to use, one to shelve considering Nintendo mania abuses and limited stock (in the big picture.)  I looked for the OLED Switch anywhere I popped into...I was about to head home after the best buy(last stop) and decided why not, popped Switch OLED into my phone and checked the usual retail suspects.

Oddly, not the red/blue, but the white one while not showing up for 50+mi around (like red/blue) one location was in red saying limited stock which stunned me.  I called, dude said they had 3 white ones, refused to hold one, so I did some speeding down the freeway and around stuff.  And well I got one. 😄  Out ran the flying blade of the scalper on that one.

In mid October, Target sold its entire stock of Xbox Mini Fridges in seconds. In news article 1, a scalper using a "KSRautomation" bot was able to purchase over 160 pre-orders. I figure if Target don't do something, there public image will be tarnished. 

Xbox Series X Replica Mini Fridge

News article 1

News article 2

The pple who use KSR bot are mass purchasing anything and everything and some users are gloating about it on the KSR page, including the hard to find PS5 and XSX consoles. All while screwing over consumers who want to legitimately purchase for themselves. Its sad.

Edited by AnimalHouse

19 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

The pple who use KSR bot are mass purchasing anything and everything and some users are gloating about it on the KSR page, including the hard to find PS5 and XSX consoles. All while screwing over consumers who want to legitimately purchase for themselves. Its sad.

That's why for years I've said I wish there was a way to motivate politicians local/federal to handle people who do that like they do to people who scalp tickets to events.  Jail time and fines.  It should not be respected, not be allowed, simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's why for years I've said I wish there was a way to motivate politicians local/federal to handle people who do that like they do to people who scalp tickets to events.  Jail time and fines.  It should not be respected, not be allowed, simple as that.

The pple who gloat and post pics on the KSR page. Must think they live in impunity. 

The script people are that open eh?  That's well kind of disgusting.  For a moment I blanked, thought googling you meant KY Sports Radio, which has forums.  I was thinking for a moment dumb dumbs were gloating taking advantage of college sports fans for tickets as it can get looney in this area over that.

Edited by Tanooki

• 11 months later...

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls for Ticketmaster-Live Nation 'monopoly' to be broken up in response to Taylor Swift pre-sale controversy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-calls-ticketmaster-202613014.html

"We write in support of strong antitrust enforcement by the Biden Administration, including the live event ticket sales marketplace," the letter begins. "The evidence is overwhelming that the 2010 merger between the world's largest concert promoter, Live Nation, and the biggest ticket provider, Ticketmaster, has strangled competition in live entertainment ticketing and harmed consumers and must be revisited."

100% yup. Fortunately for me, I prefer to see smaller venues and "less popular" music such as classical, folk, blues, etc.

Events Team · Posted

Nice to see AOC using her congressional power to fight the important fights. Fair ticket prices to go to popular shows like Taylor Swift must be a progressive priority compared to futile things like Medicare4all, decent living wages, or anything that could really help the US people.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Nice to see AOC using her congressional power to fight the important fights. Fair ticket prices to go to popular shows like Taylor Swift must be a progressive priority compared to futile things like Medicare4all, decent living wages, or anything that could really help the US people.

Yes, of course, because other problems are not problems at all because there are different, larger problems already present.  So why not accomplish nothing (since all of the things you specifically mentioned will get blocked or held up indefinitely by the opposing political party) versus working on smaller issues in addition to the larger ones...I guess?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Yes, of course, because other problems are not problems at all because there are different, larger problems already present.  So why not accomplish nothing (since all of the things you specifically mentioned will get blocked or held up indefinitely by the opposing political party) versus working on smaller issues in addition to the larger ones...I guess?

Maybe he's scalping tickets himself?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Tell me you scalp tickets without telling me you scalp tickets

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

But do they really fight for the larger ones too? I'm not seeing much of that honestly, but wish I would.

I never said disbanding ticketmaster monopoly wasn't a good thing, but apparently I'm a ticket scalper because I press AOC to fight for Medicare4all, hilarious!

Also, how come irony be so unwell received? We should all embrace irony my friends.

1 hour ago, guillavoie said:

But do they really fight for the larger ones too? I'm not seeing much of that honestly, but wish I would.

Generally, yes, but there's such a thing as picking your battles.  It costs money and time to draft and attempt to introduce legislation each time it's done, so unless the things you're talking about suddenly have a real chance at passing, a lot of legislators that support and argue for those things realize that there's no point in just constantly bringing it to the floor of their respective houses every 5 minutes, as it would just waste a ton of time and money that could otherwise be spent addressing other issues that have been brought to them, many of which have an actual chance of being considered and actually passing into law.

If you think legislators are "doing nothing" because they're not bringing up these issues every moment possible, imagine what you and everyone else would think if that's solely what they drowned both houses of Congress in until their opposition actually allowed them to pass (most likely years, if not decades).  There's "doing nothing" about a few issues, then there's literally "doing nothing" because everything is deadlocked over a single issue that's the only thing being discussed, with neither side budging.

Plenty of conversations and messages go back and forth about all the larger issues all the time, they just don't garner a ton of publicity until some sort of legislation is drafted, or hits the floor of one house or another to actually be argued by Congress.  Sadly, those things don't happen nearly as often as we would like simply due to what a waste it would be without enough support to actually get it passed.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Exactly, let's go ALL the way in and never give up until it is 100 % done!

In the mean time, we can always scalp tickets to pay our health bills, lol!

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

Generally, yes, but there's such a thing as picking your battles.  It costs money and time to draft and attempt to introduce legislation each time it's done, so unless the things you're talking about suddenly have a real chance at passing, a lot of legislators that support and argue for those things realize that there's no point in just constantly bringing it to the floor of their respective houses every 5 minutes, as it would just waste a ton of time and money that could otherwise be spent addressing other issues that have been brought to them, many of which have an actual chance of being considered and actually passing into law.

If you think legislators are "doing nothing" because they're not bringing up these issues every moment possible, imagine what you and everyone else would think if that's solely what they drowned both houses of Congress in until their opposition actually allowed them to pass (most likely years, if not decades).  There's "doing nothing" about a few issues, then there's literally "doing nothing" because everything is deadlocked over a single issue that's the only thing being discussed, with neither side budging.

Plenty of conversations and messages go back and forth about all the larger issues all the time, they just don't garner a ton of publicity until some sort of legislation is drafted, or hits the floor of one house or another to actually be argued by Congress.  Sadly, those things don't happen nearly as often as we would like simply due to what a waste it would be without enough support to actually get it passed.

Without diving into details because we're obviously going off topic here (and I put myself in the bag first), I do agree with what you're saying about picking battles. But my opinion is still that some of these crucial issues are constantly put on the back burner as if they were impossible to pass when they are overwhelmingly wanted by the US people (the people that are supposed to be represented in the first place). Actually bringing them to the floor for a vote and knowing who of the house representatives voted for and against IS a first step worth voicing for IMO. I also think opportunities came by to push for such a vote and unfortunately nobody went all the way in on it. I personally find this disappointing, especially seeing how going through a 2 years+ health crisis is not enough to make this a constant priority. Constructive criticism is due at some point, and cheerleading politicians is not my favorite indoor sports, so, ah!

As for 'doing nothing', my stance is that you can never ask enough from your politicians, so my point is not that they're doing nothing but rather not enough. And sorry, but in regards of all of this, Taylor Swift concert tickets... The irony?

Edit : Also, I'm not sure if you guys know but I'm Canadian, so to my eyes, that the richest country in the world doesn't give 'free' (nothing is 100 % free in society) healthcare to all citizen at this point is 'truly unreal' to me.

1 minute ago, guillavoie said:

Without diving into details because we're obviously going off topic here (and I put myself in the bag first), I do agree with what you're saying about picking battles. But my opinion is still that some of these crucial issues are constantly put on the back burner as if they were impossible to pass when they are overwhelmingly wanted by the US people (the people that are supposed to be represented in the first place). Actually bringing them to the floor for a vote and knowing who of the house representatives voted for and against IS a first step worth voicing for IMO. I also think opportunities came by to push for such a vote and unfortunately nobody went all the way in on it. I personally find this disappointing, especially seeing how going through a 2 years+ health crisis is not enough to make this a constant priority. Criticism is due at some point.

As for 'doing nothing', my stance is that you can never ask enough from your politicians, so my point is not that they're doing nothing but rather not enough. And sorry, but in regards of all of this, Taylor Swift Concert tickets... The irony?

At the point where things are now, it's really more on we, the people, to go march on our representatives' offices, write letters, make phone calls, etc., until we can force those people who are supposed to represent us, but frequently don't, to do what they're supposed to do.  It's sad that it's come to that point, but that's really where we are.  We can only expect people backing ideas and programs that we like to openly bring to the floor ideas that it's known will immediately fail so many times before we start doing our part to force the holdouts and obstructors to knock off their shenanigans and vote for the changes and improvements that we so desperately want to see.

Not withstanding, there are also rules and regulations in both houses of Congress regarding how things can be brought up, if something can be brought up, how often something can be brought up, etc., so what you're complaining about may very likely be well outside of AOC's hands due to the rules, regulations, bylaws, etc. that she's bound by in regard to Congressional processes.  As such, I'm not willing to condemn her for not doing enough while still conducting other business directly tied to her office simply because I haven't walked a mile in her shoes and don't have all the facts and figures regarding what she can and can't do.

3 hours ago, guillavoie said:

I never said disbanding ticketmaster monopoly wasn't a good thing, but apparently I'm a ticket scalper because I press AOC to fight for Medicare4all, hilarious!

Also, how come irony be so unwell received? We should all embrace irony my friends.

Well you are part of the events team.

events.png

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

At the point where things are now, it's really more on we, the people, to go march on our representatives' offices, write letters, make phone calls, etc., until we can force those people who are supposed to represent us, but frequently don't, to do what they're supposed to do.  It's sad that it's come to that point, but that's really where we are.  We can only expect people backing ideas and programs that we like to openly bring to the floor ideas that it's known will immediately fail so many times before we start doing our part to force the holdouts and obstructors to knock off their shenanigans and vote for the changes and improvements that we so desperately want to see.

Not withstanding, there are also rules and regulations in both houses of Congress regarding how things can be brought up, if something can be brought up, how often something can be brought up, etc., so what you're complaining about may very likely be well outside of AOC's hands due to the rules, regulations, bylaws, etc. that she's bound by in regard to Congressional processes.  As such, I'm not willing to condemn her for not doing enough while still conducting other business directly tied to her office simply because I haven't walked a mile in her shoes and don't have all the facts and figures regarding what she can and can't do.

Couldn't agree more on the bolded part, and I concur that your position is more than reasonable and I can definitely respect you for standing on this ground. But as a Canadian that is already spoiled with healthcare and that doesn't even have a say in voting in the USA, let me be the annoying neighbor that says 'push them to get a vote on the floor as a first step' 🙂!

• Haha 1