IGNORED

In Memoriam -- thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Events Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Didn't even realize Chadwick Boseman was ill.

I read up on it a bit not long after it happened, and I believe the reason you didn't know is because he kept the fact that he was ill a secret, and it wasn't public knowledge until his passing. Really sad stuff, especially now that we know he was battling it for years. Hope he rests in peace.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Damn shame. I don't watch those superhero movies, but he clearly made a difference for a lot of people. Fuck cancer. 

I watched all the Marvel movies up 'til Avengers: Endgame a couple years back, and he was absolutely fantastic in that role for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

1783189315_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0912-27-13.thumb.png.d89c9919aee68581a6b02153f3aa8110.png

But he became a fighter ace in World War II, shooting down five German planes in a single day and 13 over all. In the decade that followed, he helped usher in the age of military jets and spaceflight. He flew more than 150 military aircraft, logging more than 10,000 hours in the air... In his memoir, General Yeager said he was annoyed when people asked him if he had the right stuff, since he felt it implied a talent he was born with. “All I know is I worked my tail off learning to learn how to fly, and worked hard at it all the way,” he wrote. “If there is such a thing as the right stuff in piloting, then it is experience. The secret to my success was that somehow I always managed to live to fly another day.”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Norm MacDonald (61).

This is weird for me.  I've been watching a bunch of his videos on YouTube lately, including several this morning.  There were a bunch in my feed, but I didn't think much of it because I've been watching them so much lately.  Then I find out this afternoon.  It was quite a shock.  

Edited by TDIRunner

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

This is weird for me.  I've been watching a bunch of his video on YouTube lately, including several this morning.  There were a bunch in my feed, but I didn't think much of it because I've been watching them so much lately.  Then I find out this afternoon.  It was quite a shock.  

Funny how that happens, eh? Weird timing for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...