IGNORED

NWC #103

Tacolinowest

I'm interested in this. I'll need about a week though to sort some things and sell off part of my collection to finance it, how can I be guaranteed that after doing that, the offer won't be yanked out from under me, and I'll be out my other one-of-a-kind too?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jfreakofkorn said:

Better start selling and gather the funds asap . Heck , ask cash from the pan handler at the stop light . Have nt seen one like this in a bit esp with paperwork or documentation . 

Best of luck with the sell tho . . . Great piece and a solid history from the looks of it . . . 

I first need some guarantee from the seller that he won't change his mind and refuse to sell afterwards. NWC 1990 grey is nice, but I'd be giving up numerous Sega prototypes (including one for Sonic) , a few unreleased Famicom prototypes, scores of rare Taiwanense games, etc , for this purchase. Definitely would be pissed if I raised the money and then the seller changes his mind, as id be out the one of a kind goods. I couldn't care less about the money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm interested in this. I'll need about a week though to sort some things and sell off part of my collection to finance it, how can I be guaranteed that after doing that, the offer won't be yanked out from under me, and I'll be out my other one-of-a-kind too?

One word--escrow.  But in this case, you need a reputable source (e.g. one that will guarenteedly not run away with the item) that will hold it for the seller.  When you get the cash, you hand it off to the escrower, and then the escrower then finishes the transaction.

There is so much provenance for this cart that IMHO, it would be 100% worth both parties doing their due diligence.  If you strike a deal with the seller, you can make it part of the deal that the escrower holds it for one month while you scratch up funds.  As a seller, if I were in his shoes, I'd consider it but at a slight personal mark up because that's one additional month (or whatever period) he should be shopping out higher bidders.

It's up to you guys, but if I were in both of your shoes, I'd try to find a contact at WATA or Heritage.  They may scratch up a deal but it will likely be a % of the sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

I first need some guarantee from the seller that he won't change his mind and refuse to sell afterwards. NWC 1990 grey is nice, but I'd be giving up numerous Sega prototypes (including one for Sonic) , a few unreleased Famicom prototypes, scores of rare Taiwanense games, etc , for this purchase. Definitely would be pissed if I raised the money and then the seller changes his mind, as id be out the one of a kind goods. I couldn't care less about the money.

Who's to guarantee that you can successfully sell your stuff and make your payment on time 100%?  Sorry but your posts are coming off very entitled, I think to ask a seller to hold an item (especially of this extreme significance) while you sell stuff is a pretty bold approach - especially in the tone you're presenting them with.  Maybe it's just me...

9 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Who's to guarantee that you can successfully sell your stuff and make your payment on time 100%?  Sorry but your posts are coming off very entitled, I think to ask a seller to hold an item (especially of this extreme significance) while you sell stuff is a pretty bold approach - especially in the tone you're presenting them with.  Maybe it's just me...

There's nothing wrong with working out a deal where the buyer understands you need to move some funds around first.  My wife and I actually did that this past month with our home.  We had someone who wanted to buy our home but they felt they couldn't sell and finish the deal for about an additional month.  They made a decent offer, but said we could keep the house on the market for an additional month while they got their affairs in line.  All they asked for was first-refusal in that time period.

We countered by saying we would take the house off the market and move along with putting the home under contract and just wait to finish the deal after their affairs were straightened out and they had an additional 45 days to do that. However, the buyer had to pay about an additional 3% as part of our counter offer.  The buyer took it!  Homes and games are different, but if someone came to me wanting an item like this and offered 5-10% above my hopes, with the contingent that they needs a couple weeks or a month to get the money together, yeah I'd wait on them for a specific amount of time.

Waiting is a service (sorry fcgamer, I'm not trying to cost you more) but on the other hand, if the buyer promises to wait for payment, they need to honor that.  We can't/shouldn't just accept friendly, gentleman agreements when a purchase like this will be multiple tens of thousands of dollars, or more.  That's why I recommend escrow, even if it costs a small fee.  Everyone then has piece of mind that the asset is secure, as well as the deal, until the funds are raised or the deal period expires.

I don't think @fcgamer was trying to be a jerk, but I can understand his caution. I'd be cautious too.  This is a highly valued and sought after collectible, in good condition and a LOT of nice paper.  It's almost a one-of-a-kind.

• Like 1

A ultra rare one-of-a-kind collectible with this background is entirely different than selling a house, to be honest.  The demand is far different and the leverage really is in the seller's hands.  I totally agree though if the seller is open to it and works a deal that it should be 1000% honored by both parties and in the defined timelines.

its situations like this i wish the rules werent applied as strictly. i feel like a public disscussion in the thread is going to happen because of the item and circumstances.

it only draws attention to the sellers item and the op must had known there was a chance he would get called out...

let it be. its not hurting anyone to talk about here. unless im missing something were just enforcing a technicality.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

its situations like this i wish the rules werent applied as strictly. i feel like a public disscussion in the thread is going to happen because of the item and circumstances.

it only draws attention to the sellers item and the op must had known there was a chance he would get called out...

let it be. its not hurting anyone to talk about here. unless im missing something were just enforcing a technicality.

Getting called out could indeed hurt someone, I can guarantee you the OP doesn't like or want all of this back and forth.   We let the first comments stand because it is useful information about the history of dealings to someone who might seriously be interested.  Now it's just comments from the sidelines for the sake of it.   

5 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Getting called out could indeed hurt someone, I can guarantee you the OP doesn't like or want all of this back and forth.   We let the first comments stand because it is useful information about the history of dealings to someone who might seriously be interested.  Now it's just comments from the sidelines for the sake of it.   

Well, if I was a player in this, I would most definitely want to know what type of person im dealing with especially considering what this is.

3 minutes ago, Calan87 said:

Well, if I was a player in this, I would most definitely want to know what type of person im dealing with especially considering what this is.

10 minutes ago, B.A. said:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, B.A. said:

was the op wrongfully accused of something?

if not then he got his feelings hurt like my 4 year old does when she gets caught drawing on the walls. 

i feel like your guarantee is an opinion because if i was the op id have a leaking hard on reading through this stuff.

you might be right about the peanut gallery but anyone actually interested and the op are unphased by the back and forth. 

pm. i got the $. how you gonna gurantee me i dont see the same fate as the last sale your accused of?

9 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

was the op wrongfully accused of something?

if not then he got his feelings hurt like my 4 year old does when she gets caught drawing on the walls. 

i feel like your guarantee is an opinion because if i was the op id have a leaking hard on reading through this stuff.

you might be right about the peanut gallery but anyone actually interested and the op are unphased by the back and forth. 

pm. i got the $. how you gonna gurantee me i dont see the same fate as the last sale your accused of?

I don't know why I bother to engage with you, think what you want. 

To everyone else, stop.  Keep this up and more than likely he will just get pissed off and pull the sale.  This happens enough and fair or not, VGS will get the reputation of not being worthwhile to list unique items.  If you have honest questions, send him a message.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, B.A. said:

I don't know why I bother to engage with you, think what you want. 

To everyone else, stop.  Keep this up and more than likely he will just get pissed off and pull the sale.  This happens enough and fair or not, VGS will get the reputation of not being worthwhile to list unique items.  If you have honest questions, send him a message.  

Thank you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me be a little more specific here, I’m not a collector anymore I’m a family man that’s looking to buy a house so I unfortunately need to sell this , I obv want top dollar for it . If we agree on a deal I would want the person to meet me locally I live in the nyc area , my options as of now are either I sell on here or get it graded and sell on heritage , selling it on heritage and getting t graded seems like a hassle so I’m not sure how I wanna go about selling this , the reason why I pulled deals in the past is because we’ll im no longer a collector and don’t know what the market is so I think I’m selling it for top dollar then I find out I was low balled , I simply want what it’s worth 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

Yeah, it probably is just you then. 

A lot if people don't view me as a high-end collector, not particularly sure why, possibly because I'm not into graded games and instead have a large collection of "worthless" bootleg crap, etc, though I think people would be surprised if they actually knew the depth of it , and all the higher-end items I do have. I just generally don't talk about it or make a huge show of it. 😉

On the items in question, I already have multiple interested parties; if it were strictly about having cash and financing a vacation or something, if have already done that years ago, but at this point I'd rather have carts over the cash, so I'd hate to be in a situation where I sold items I couldn't possibly ever get back, to finance, then end up with cash and no carts, if he changed his mind. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this sentiment.

Anyways, that's all I've got to say on the matter, I'll send the seller a message later.

• Like 1