IGNORED

NWC #103

Tacolinowest

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 9:23 AM, Tacolinowest said:

Let me be a little more specific here, I’m not a collector anymore I’m a family man that’s looking to buy a house so I unfortunately need to sell this , I obv want top dollar for it . If we agree on a deal I would want the person to meet me locally I live in the nyc area , my options as of now are either I sell on here or get it graded and sell on heritage , selling it on heritage and getting t graded seems like a hassle so I’m not sure how I wanna go about selling this , the reason why I pulled deals in the past is because we’ll im no longer a collector and don’t know what the market is so I think I’m selling it for top dollar then I find out I was low balled , I simply want what it’s worth 

Isn't that what sites like pricecharting and gamevaluenow are supposed to be for? 

I'm a little confused with the talk of $75k.  $100k.  Pricecharting shows most recently a $19k sale last year and a few in the low 20s.

I will beat a3quit4s and offer $26k!    

5 hours ago, Noobguy said:

Isn't that what sites like pricecharting and gamevaluenow are supposed to be for? 

I'm a little confused with the talk of $75k.  $100k.  Pricecharting shows most recently a $19k sale last year and a few in the low 20s.

I'm not saying I agree with the price, but with rare and "important" items like this, condition really, really matters as does provenance.  This one has both.  IMHO, it's definitely worth more than previous sales on those sites.  But I have no clue what it should  be.  Regardless, the real price is whatever anyone is willing to pay matched to whatever price the seller is willing to part at.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noobguy said:

PriceCharting only tracks eBay, most of the NWC recent sales have been private or on a site that isn't eBay.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

PriceCharting only tracks eBay, most of the NWC recent sales have been private or on a site that isn't eBay.

I’ve never bought a NWC, but from my experience buying other expensive titles on eBay and NA, eBay has almost always been higher, probably due to the format and increased visibility. I usually am not going to put too much faith in unverifiable back room sales numbers.  

23 minutes ago, Noobguy said:

I’ve never bought a NWC, but from my experience buying other expensive titles on eBay and NA, eBay has almost always been higher, probably due to the format and increased visibility. I usually am not going to put too much faith in unverifiable back room sales numbers.  

The last one (that I know of) sold on Heritage Auctions, which is not an "unverifiable back room" sale:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/nintendo-world-championships-1990-gray-nes-nintendo-1990-wata-55-loose-cartridge-260/a/7209-91092.s

Someone with an account will need to sign in and tell you how much it went for. I think your confusion here is that you are comparing a Nintendo World Championship to a Little Samson or Bonk's Adventure. Another thing to remember is the dramatic increase in price since March on most games.

I do believe the seller told me his highest offer currently was over $40k.

edit: also forgot this was the one with all the paperwork and stuff from Robin. 

Edited by a3quit4s

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

The last one (that I know of) sold on Heritage Auctions, which is not an "unverifiable back room" sale:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/nintendo-world-championships-1990-gray-nes-nintendo-1990-wata-55-loose-cartridge-260/a/7209-91092.s

Someone with an account will need to sign in and tell you how much it went for. I think your confusion here is that you are comparing a Nintendo World Championship to a Little Samson or Bonk's Adventure. Another thing to remember is the dramatic increase in price since March on most games.

I do believe the seller told me his highest offer currently was over $40k.

edit: also forgot this was the one with all the paperwork and stuff from Robin. 

These auction sales are on Pricecharting. 

This one you linked specifically was a graded copy that sold for $26,400. 

1 hour ago, Noobguy said:

These auction sales are on Pricecharting. 

This one you linked specifically was a graded copy that sold for $26,400. 

Ah interesting they must have manually added entries to track this game. As @RH and I mentioned this copy isn't your run of the mill loose, it comes with the history of the cartridge and items from the NWC that on their own could sell for thousands to the right buyer. Provenance! The one that sold on 6-27-19 must have had condition issues and there all no sales for this year to account for the 2020 pandemic buying craze of games.

$75k-$100k I agree is a bit much but there are a lot of people out there flashing money and when you want to sell something you always want top dollar.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Ah interesting they must have manually added entries to track this game. As @RH and I mentioned this copy isn't your run of the mill loose, it comes with the history of the cartridge and items from the NWC that on their own could sell for thousands to the right buyer. Provenance! The one that sold on 6-27-19 must have had condition issues and there all no sales for this year to account for the 2020 pandemic buying craze of games.

$75k-$100k I agree is a bit much but there are a lot of people out there flashing money and when you want to sell something you always want top dollar.

Outside of Thor's copy, this would be the one to own. It's probably a matter of finding someone with the money that also appreciates the history of this specific cart.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Tacolinowest said:

Let me be a little more specific here, I’m not a collector anymore I’m a family man that’s looking to buy a house so I unfortunately need to sell this , I obv want top dollar for it . If we agree on a deal I would want the person to meet me locally I live in the nyc area , my options as of now are either I sell on here or get it graded and sell on heritage , selling it on heritage and getting t graded seems like a hassle so I’m not sure how I wanna go about selling this , the reason why I pulled deals in the past is because we’ll im no longer a collector and don’t know what the market is so I think I’m selling it for top dollar then I find out I was low balled , I simply want what it’s worth 

I'm actually genuinely curious about this as I know we're trying to limit discussion here but what's the hassle in selling on Heritage?

Selling in person:

1. Find buyer
  2. Haggle price
  3. Secure funds with insurance
  4. Meet buyer
  5. Do handoff

Selling on Heritage:

1. Mail to WATA
  2. nothing
  3. nothing
  4. nothing
  5. .............

7 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm actually genuinely curious about this as I know we're trying to limit discussion here but what's the hassle in selling on Heritage?

Selling in person:

1. Find buyer
  2. Haggle price
  3. Secure funds with insurance
  4. Meet buyer
  5. Do handoff

Selling on Heritage:

1. Mail to WATA
  2. nothing
  3. nothing
  4. nothing
  5. .............

No guarantee what it will sell for, losing up to 35% of the sale price to fees, waiting months to get paid?

34 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Outside of Thor's copy, this would be the one to own. It's probably a matter of finding someone with the money that also appreciates the history of this specific cart.

The people throwing around the crazy money by and large don't care about the history.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, B.A. said:

The people throwing around the crazy money by and large don't care about the history.

When I had one they weren't anywhere near as expensive and people always asked me who the original winner was, so if I was to buy another one, I'd likely want to be able to trace it back.

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

When I had one they weren't anywhere near as expensive and people always asked me who the original winner was, so if I was to buy another one, I'd likely want to be able to trace it back.

Right, but you probably wouldn't pay 100k for one.

13 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Disagree, anything that makes the cart stand out against the others adds to its value and these people are not fly by night collectors. They absolutely are investing and no one wants to see their investments go down.