IGNORED

VGS Chess Club

KokiriChild

5 minutes ago, Estil said:

Does PS3 or PS4 offer anything in the chess department?

PS4 has a number of chess programs, like Pure Chess and Chess Ultra. Chess Ultra even has a VR component.

I used to play scholastic and adult tourneys in high school. Was way more into chess theory than actually playing, though.

I have an account with Chess.com and it is free. There is a paid version which includes a bunch of extras but it depends how much you really want to analyze your game. I get into spurts of playing chess randomly throughout the year. I prefer speed chess. If anyone would like to play I wouldn't mind a match here or there.

Im definitely a fan. Its hard to even say ur good at this game considering the skill gap ha. So im pretty bad but i do love me some chess. Not sure if hes on vgs, but a old na user than went by firebrand, i think, was a grandmaster. I thought he was joking till i looked him and was shocked lol

2 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

I can make a topic in the tabletop club if people want. Also, Chess.com is free and tries its best to give you an estimated FIDE rating, which is pretty neat.

I beat the computer in a game, but I didn't do that great. For whatever reason, I seem to be a lot better at speed chess.

37 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Speed chess is absolutely my downfall.  I can usually hold my own in regular chess but speed chess just sucks every bit of ability out of me.  Usually won’t play faster than 5min a side because beyond that I might as well be making random moves.

I guess I'm the opposite. I do better making split second moves than I do when I have time to think about it. 

Administrator · Posted

One of the earliest things I learned when learning professional chess was "never trade". The person who initiates a trade is nearly ALWAYS giving away advantage. Simply NEVER initiate a trade and you'll almost instantly find your game improving.

• 6 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 5:55 PM, Gloves said:

One of the earliest things I learned when learning professional chess was "never trade". The person who initiates a trade is nearly ALWAYS giving away advantage. Simply NEVER initiate a trade and you'll almost instantly find your game improving.

if im ahead ill trade piece for piece down to the king

• 2 weeks later...