IGNORED

New Sega Console Incoming?

LaytToTheParty

Oops, pump the brakes everyone. Supposedly the GG Micro was not the big news Sega had planned. 

It’s actually some type of arcade news. Arcades are big both for Sega and in Japan, so I could see how this is big news to them being published in a Japanese-exclusive magazine.

I don’t quite grasp it myself (only watched one video for it) but here’s the info:

4 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Now that it’s been clarified that the GG Micros are just a cutesy idea from Sega’s toy division as a fun side thing, I actually kind of like them.

I don't know, man. From just about any perspective, the GG Micro is way more interesting than "Fog Computing."

I'm not sure I get it?

What exactly is fog gaming

As far as I can see, we're just talking a kind of remote desktop solution for arcade games? 

That can't be it - Does that even make sense? So you'll be at home playing with your controller, but instead of playing a port for whichever console you have at home, you'll be playing the arcade game remotely? But... why?

I have no idea, what's available in terms of arcade games in Japan, but are there masterpieces which aren't possible to port to home consoles, that people are craving for playing at home on a normal TV or monitor with a normal controller?

• 5 months later...
On 6/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, OptOut said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting anything and I was STILL disappointed! Way to go SEGA, you still got it! 😉

The Game Gear micro is smaller than my TINY DICK. 😒

Trust me, the Game Gear micro is larger than your micro penis. Don't overestimate your length pal.

• Haha 1