IGNORED

MAGFest 2020 - January 2-5 - National Harbor, MD

neodolphino

36 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Video games and music 24 hours a day for 3 days. The marketplace sucks, the arcade is alright, the music is awesome! And NES homebrew guys show up so you can probably play some Commie Killer.

I'd be there for marketplace so totally not my thing. Thanks for heads up 👍

I've been going for the past 5 years. Demoed my Indie game there last year in the awesome indie game section.

I should hear back by early next week if the game got accepted again, if it does i'll be booking my flights right away.

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Do you need perler beads, anime tchotchkes, and $30 loose Famicom commons though??

Yeah, while the marketplace leaves a lot to be desired, the rest of the con is top notch.

I’ve tried on 2 occasions to get mag to have a video game swap meet with only attendees and not dealers but got shot down cause it was said it competed with the merchants hall.... I should try again since there are only like less than a handful of vendors there who sell games now. Though we could have one with the people here, I guess.?

I'll be there! I have been giving lecture panels for a few years now. We are planning one now, and I'll probably sit on another one or two, depending on where I can be most useful contributing. 

MAG is one of those expos you really need to attend at least once to appreciate. Really lucky to live so close to it. 🙂

Homebrew Team · Posted

Yeah, MAGFest is my favorite convention overall for sure. 24 hours a day of stuff to do (and stuff you dont find at other conventions), nice venue/area, pretty good guests.

Vendor floor sucks if you are looking for just games, but there is a -lot- of other fun stuff that I think is worth while (it is a pretty good sized vendor floor overall).

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted

I’ll be there since I’m just across the river. Marketplace isn’t as good as some of the other expos and cons but at the same time it checks all the required boxes.

I like it for the strong homebrewer presence, got to meet a bunch of you in person and nerd out over your games.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, DefaultGen said:

Video games and music 24 hours a day for 3 days. The marketplace sucks, the arcade is alright, the music is awesome! And NES homebrew guys show up so you can probably play some Commie Killer.

Damn as someone that’s helped and donated towards that arcade I’m hurt deeply! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...