IGNORED

Movie Debate #18: The Usual Suspects

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

14 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested
    • Never seen it, never will

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Great movie.

Might be one of the few that is only enhanced by Kevin Spacey's more recent issues...

American Beauty too? I mean The guy's dad gives him a kiss because he thinks he is gay. Maybe the dad was right, but he was gay only he like younger men.

Edited by Californication

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

Great movie.

Might be one of the few that is only enhanced by Kevin Spacey's more recent issues...

The whole mess with Victor Salva and Clownhouse still hinks me out.  It certainly detracts from my enjoyment of the Jeepers Creepers films.

Edited by Tabonga

I like the way the movie has over the top actions parts, (like were the guy is holding two guns and shoots the two guys at the same time), and in some movies you might think that is silly. But in this movie, since the guy is telling a story, you don't know if what he is saying is real or fake, so any embellishments are justifiable. It's kinda like in the matrix w

Edited by Californication

Editorials Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Tabonga said:

The whole mess with Victor Salva and Clownhouse still hinks me out.  It certainly detracts from my enjoyment of the Jeepers Creepers films.

23 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Great movie.

It's also a Bryan Singer movie...

I didn't vote because it's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I thought the plot twist was obvious from a mile away and that's the most interesting thing it has going for it. Also I HATE unreliable narrators (I'm looking at you American Psycho!). So it would probably be in the 5-7 range for me.

Edited by DoctorEncore