IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm jumping in on SLV. Redditors are pumping it and it's pretty safe overall. It's only seen about a 10% swing in the last three months and it is a decent long term hold. Volume has jumped exponentially in the last five days without a big corresponding swing in price.

I don’t know about that.

metals are crazy right now. I’m getting $2.08/lb. for mixed range brass when I normally get $1.25 - $1.40 for it.

I know a correction is coming soon and it sucks because I got “used to” this new price and all the extra expendable cash that comes with it.

Then again, silver is undervalued compared to gold. But maybe gold is too high instead of silver being too low.

39 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I don’t know about that.

metals are crazy right now. I’m getting $2.08/lb. for mixed range brass when I normally get $1.25 - $1.40 for it.

I know a correction is coming soon and it sucks because I got “used to” this new price and all the extra expendable cash that comes with it.

Then again, silver is undervalued compared to gold. But maybe gold is too high instead of silver being too low.

I don't necessarily believe it will be a real money maker short term (although it does have buy/hold ratings from Morningstar), but I think the downside is minimal. I mostly just want to see what can happen if Reddit coordinates on a true commodity with a huge worldwide market. This time I can play along without the insane volatility of GME which is having wild swings today.

Edited by DoctorEncore

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

What happens if the stock get held through the market close?

Someone else may understand it and be able to explain it better, but if the shorts are not going to cover today and retail traders continue to hold, then the battle will continue into next week. I don't think data is available on when margin calls are actually scheduled, but a lot of wsb people were saying it would be today. If that was true, then the shorts injected more cash into their accounts today or they already had cash to cover continued losses or they will try to cover at the end of the day or after hours.

2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Wow, it actually held. Unbelievable. I'm starting to wonder if some of the funds started taking positions earlier this week to ride the retail investors. It would have been stupid of them not to.

So many memes.

We’re +69% today.

Memes make dreams I guess. 

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

So that ringleader dude just posted HES still in.

🤷🏻‍♂️ He’s clearly posting immediately after hours and is a pied piper...when he sells it will be too late for everyone else

He is definitely NOT going to be the one holding the bag. He's already pocketed $13.8 million, so even if GME goes to zero on Monday, he will have won.

8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

He is definitely NOT going to be the one holding the bag. He's already pocketed $13.8 million, so even if GME goes to zero on Monday, he will have won.

Yeah, he claims his plan all along was to stay in the 50,000 shares that he has -- and for the fact that he's managed to cash in so much in options, and the fact that he's held through so many dips and bumps along the way -- I really think he might.

EDIT: and it looks like the Robinhood traders didn't have full access to the stock today -- they were only allowed to buy up to 5 shares and later in the day that ceiling was reduced to 2 shares.

So most of the "meme energy" couldn't get into the stock today, at all, similar to yesterday.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm jumping in on SLV. Redditors are pumping it and it's pretty safe overall. It's only seen about a 10% swing in the last three months and it is a decent long term hold. Volume has jumped exponentially in the last five days without a big corresponding swing in price.

It's running! Up 0.37% since I bought in! Hahahaha.

• Confused 1