IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the attacks they used after limiting the peoples ability to buy were very intelligent. I mean they used a different strategy each day, and psychologically it was very taxing to try and keep up on the long side. I have a new respect for the system being much dirtier than I realized. And really it just makes me think back about the times over the past year where I felt like I was on the "right" side of a stock and the action seemed to irrationaly go in the opposite direction. At the end of the day, this really seems like less of a game of predicting the future than a game of using money to create a future in the market. 

Edited by Californication

40 minutes ago, Makar said:

Hope you guys didn’t get burned by GME and AMC and others. I think they’re finally actually dead. 

GME likely though maybe a dead cat bounce or two. AMC I still think has steam and I'm going after that one still. Have to play the channel though, not just panic buy when it runs up. 

35 minutes ago, jonebone said:

GME likely though maybe a dead cat bounce or two. AMC I still think has steam and I'm going after that one still. Have to play the channel though, not just panic buy when it runs up. 

Good luck! I’m watching from the sideline. There are plenty of stocks out there

GME memes aside.

Jeff Bezos just announced his stepping down as CEO from Amazon.

This is huge. They can go Apple/Microsoft with their new CEO and go to the moon, or they can go IBM/GE and fall from grace.

Either way, I’m not smart enough to make a move but I know I should do SOMETHING.

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

GME memes aside.

Jeff Bezos just announced his stepping down as CEO from Amazon.

This is huge. They can go Apple/Microsoft with their new CEO and go to the moon, or they can go IBM/GE and fall from grace.

Either way, I’m not smart enough to make a move but I know I should do SOMETHING.

HOLD! He'll still be driving much of what they do in his new position and they are already set up for success. He has mastered the art of pushing their valuation. The way they spend several quarters funneling revenue into R&D and infrastructure/logistics, then rapidly swing into pure profit mode to please shareholders has been ridiculously effective. Unless some sort of serious anti-trust litigation comes their way, they should continue their steady climb towards world domination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

What’s your target on AMC? I was thinking of making a play at $4-$5 but I’ve read some analysts really down on it at $1-$2 even a return to movies in the summer would mean landlords would need to let the $450 mil in past rent slide

Edited by a3quit4s

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

What’s your target on AMC? I was thinking of making a play at $4-$5 but I’ve read some analysts really down on it at $1-$2 even a return to movies in the summer would mean landlords would need to let the $450 mil in past rent slide

I really thought it would find some footing in the $10-$15 range.  Obviously a heavy short is going to be advertising a $1 target, but why not just call for their bankruptcy at that point...

The lows were pre $900M capital securement that buys them at least 2021.  Then the share announcement raises even more cash and wipes the debt clean.  I think I'm alright on buying anymore for now but these wild plus / minus swings will eventually stop and you'll see stability somewhere.  

Edited by jonebone

3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

His first mistake was having money to lose. When I was 21, I had $3 in my bank account, so I couldn't lose 25K if I wanted to. 😎

Welcome to America were you can bet options and turn $3 into -$10k hahaha

To be fair the kid was Canadian and $25k CAD is like $8 USD.... well right up until the money printers went brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

This is also true, if you get into "trading" (i.e. not necessarily investing), then you WILL LOSE MONEY at the beginning.  Maybe that 1% (or less) doesn't, but the overwhelming majority do.  That's the learning curve that you overcome.

If someone truly does have an interest but not the capital, just do paper trading for several months first.  Pick a number, call it $5k, $10k, whatever, and create your portfolio of stocks with paper money.  Then you can track value day to day and see how much risk you can stomach.

I think I lost about 3 to 5k on a 10k investment my first year of trading and man it hurt at the time.  But I've made way more over the years and the learning experience was worth it.  And as a side note, you can also write off $3k of losses a year to deduct your income.  So that $3k lost is more like $2-$2.5k after tax writeoffs.  Still negative but the system lets you deduct some of it at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

His first mistake was having money to lose. When I was 21, I had $3 in my bank account, so I couldn't lose 25K if I wanted to. 😎

Good to know I'm not the only one that's wondering how all of these 20 year olds have tens of thousands of dollars just laying around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Good to know I'm not the only one that's wondering how all of these 20 year olds have tens of thousands of dollars just laying around.

A chunk of the WSB crowd get into some truly stupid situations like investing their student loans or getting into options where they can't possibly cover the losing the side of the bet.

• Wow! 1

18 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

A chunk of the WSB crowd get into some truly stupid situations like investing their student loans or getting into options where they can't possibly cover the losing the side of the bet.

HA! And to think I only gambled MY student loan on this worthless sociology degree! 😂

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I heard on the radio the other day about one of them that somehow took out a $70k mortgage on his parents house to put all in on GME only for it to drop $100 per share right after.

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I heard on the radio the other day about one of them that somehow took out a $70k mortgage on his parents house to put all in on GME only for it to drop $100 per share right after.

There was at least one post on WSB of a guy that was laughing at the news for picking up his fake story that sounded similar -- might have been the same guy.  (basically pranking reporters that were doing poor due diligence)

2 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

There was at least one post on WSB of a guy that was laughing at the news for picking up his fake story that sounded similar -- might have been the same guy.  (basically pranking reporters that were doing poor due diligence)

The radio hosts were questioning how he would have taken a mortgage on his parents house without them signing off on it or some kind of fraud being involved given that the story they were quoting didn't mention either one.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, Kguillemette said:

Performance Foodservice Group (Pfgc) is a food service distributor. They sell food and goods to restaurants/hospitals/nursing homes, etc. The vaccine announcement made their stock skyrocket, but I know for a fact their sales have been hurting, not to mention their transportation dept has been a mess. For example, as a cost cutting measure, they have discontinued Wednesday deliveries. They have lost customers all winter long with restaurants shutting down, and their earnings report will reflect that. I expect a big dip followed by a steady climb afterwards. SYY(sysco) is another intriguing play when their er becomes public to catch they dividend, but im less optimistic of their growth potential. PFGC was eating SYYs market share bit by bit pre covid.

Looks like earnings were actually pretty good, but sentiment is still bullish. I'll definitely put them on my watch list.

Well at the current price I have no reason to actually sell my memes. But I’ve certainly learned the true meaning of hype and FOMO.

Im just glad I risked money I was likely going to lose anyway watching the super bowl this weekend, and I gotta say I got days of excitement out of it.

Sucks that I won’t have any skin in the game, but what can you do.

I may end up putting aside some of my game hoarding budget towards investing though. I still have an additional $900 sitting in there waiting to be put on something else, so I’ve got some research to do.