IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

8 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to not feel like you're missing out on great chicken sandwiches (and probably the best quick/easy airport food) 😛

The two seperate chick fil-a I have eaten at in CA, have both been soggy messes (except for the fries)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

The two seperate chick fil-a I have eaten at in CA, have both been soggy messes (except for the fries)

Yup this was my experience. The both times i had it the chicken tenders were literally soaked, and i was violently ill after. Never again. I don't understand the hype around this place. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Magus said:

Yup this was my experience. The both times i had it the chicken tenders were literally soaked, and i was violently ill after. Never again. I don't understand the hype around this place. 

Must get worse up north and out west.

Near their point of origin, they are legitimately good.

And @captmorgandrinker, yes, obviously Zaxby's is superior, but they are slower service and at a somewhat different price point.

Granted they're a lot quicker than they used to be in the 90's ALMOST to the point of being in the "quick service" segment proper.  But Chick Fil A can clear 100 cars through their drive thru in the time it takes Zaxby's to serve 10 :P, and sometimes you just want to eat NOW.

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Must get worse up north and out west.

Near their point of origin, they are legitimately good.

And @captmorgandrinker, yes, obviously Zaxby's is superior, but they are slower service and at a somewhat different price point.

Granted they're a lot quicker than they used to be in the 90's ALMOST to the point of being in the "quick service" segment proper.  But Chick Fil A can clear 100 cars through their drive thru in the time it takes Zaxby's to serve 10 :P, and sometimes you just want to eat NOW.

Yeah, Chik Fil A has the drive thru experience down pat.  

Personally, I'll gladly wait if it means they're cooking it properly.

Just now, captmorgandrinker said:

Yeah, Chik Fil A has the drive thru experience down pat.  

Personally, I'll gladly wait if it means they're cooking it properly.

Is Chik Fil A bad up in Ohio?  Admittedly, I've never had it that far north, but it seems like it should be hard to fuck up a pressure-cooked-in-peanut-oil pre-breaded chicken breast filet.

And while Zaxby's has better lunch/supper, I haven't encountered a fast-food breakfast that comes anywhere close to the spicy chicken biscuits at Chik Fil A.

The ONE THING that makes early morning flights through Atlanta tolerable 😛

5 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

No, our Chik Fil A tastes amazing up here.   I meant for Zaxby's slowness, I'm not gonna rush them if it makes them give me chewy medium rare chicken strips.

Sure.  And over the last 10 or 15 years, Zaxby's has massively improved their order-flow around meal times.

Way back, everything was fully to-order. Now they at least have some kind of model/prediction for staying closer to the curve of what they need.

I don't know how this got turned into a chicken thing, and I hope nobody cries fowl when I give my take on this 😄  But I reaaaaaaaallllllly wish my local Kentucky Fried Chicken was closer to me (I don't have a vehicle to get there and it's too expensive to get but once in a very great while; it's been at least a few months since I had any...) 😞   And being a proud native Kentuckian I always say Kentucky Fried Chicken, not that "KFC" crap you outsiders use 😛   OMG, their original recipe chicken is better than s...e...x...

Edited by Estil

I like how it tastes, but CFA is grossly overrated here in the south because their company spouts the same politics most of our rural citizens agree with. The lines here are ridiculous (and not worth the wait tbh) but they weren’t always like that.

CFA didn’t become popular in the south until the controversy with their anti-LGBT statements. The narrative was spun to be “the evil left is saying bad things about God’s chicken house, save them!” and the lines have been horrendous ever since. Suddenly everyone became a CFA mega-fan down here. Like I said above: before that happened, the chain wasn’t anywhere near as popular or heavily frequented. I say that as someone who genuinely likes their food. It’s just became a cultural thing down here to always support Chick-fil-a.

I’ve done a lot of trips for work across the country and nowhere else is it that popular. I ask the locals and the consensus is usually “It’s alright, not the best. Is it really that popular is the south? Wow.”

When I last went there, sure it was tasty and I like how they have distinctive waffle fries but I thought their portions were tiny (in these teeny little boxes) 😞  All the more reason I've so very seldom ate out because for example, I don't like how my usual combo meal at McDonalds (which I happen to live almost next door to!) is $8.68 (double quarter pounder combo) and then to add insult to injury they do that pinching the bottom of the fry box crap!  I miss the good ol' days of the Super Size 90s when McD's really gave you your money's worth...and sometimes they even did cups with Looney Tunes and/or athletes on them!

Administrator · Posted

We got a Chic fil a here in Toronto like a year or so ago just before I quit my job that was down the road from it. I thiiiiink it was the 1st in Canada? AND it was just after the awkward statement thing (I only heard about it when I got home and excitedly told my wife about the new chicken place by work). 

Never been myself, but mostly because the lines have been consistently, for months, out the store and down the road. So weird. 

I used to live a few doors down from a Church’s and for a while, I would get something from there every Friday after work. Then they started selling some shrimp thing, and the air around the place just reeked. I’m glad I don’t live there any more.

29 minutes ago, Estil said:

I don't know how this got turned into a chicken thing, and I hope nobody cries fowl when I give my take on this 😄  But I reaaaaaaaallllllly wish my local Kentucky Fried Chicken was closer to me (I don't have a vehicle to get there and it's too expensive to get but once in a very great while; it's been at least a few months since I had any...) 😞   And being a proud native Kentuckian I always say Kentucky Fried Chicken, not that "KFC" crap you outsiders use 😛   OMG, their original recipe chicken is better than s...e...x...

It would require a time machine to get Kentucky Fried Chicken that came anywhere close to how good it was in the 80's or earlier.

I haven't bought KFC in the last 15 years and had anything but regret afterwords.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Never been myself, but mostly because the lines have been consistently, for months, out the store and down the road. So weird. 

Once they get fully trained, the line will still LOOK ridiculous, but it is the fastest moving drive thru line imaginable.

All other companies should hire Chik Fil A to train them how to operate a drive thru.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

CFA didn’t become popular in the south until the controversy with their anti-LGBT statements.

That just isn't true 😛 

At least in GA, CFA had a huge following for decades before there was a whiff of controversy around them.

The controversy did all happen around a huge expansion of theirs, though.  (around the same time that Zaxby's really started expanding outside of GA)

Just now, arch_8ngel said:

Once they get fully trained, the line will still LOOK ridiculous, but it is the fastest moving drive thru line imaginable.

All other companies should hire Chik Fil A to train them how to operate a drive thru.

Truth. I counted and I was the 23rd car in line and I was all the way through in under 30 minutes. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Brother this is Toronto. 

What's a drive thru?

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Brother this is Toronto. 

What's a drive thru?

A drive thru is a window on the side of a building where business transactions can be conducted without having to leave your car. Very convenient, especially in cold or otherwise unpleasant weather. I'm surprised cold ass Canada doesn't have any! 😅