Jump to content
IGNORED

Would you rather have a C seal or NS(no seal)?


snk2d4ever
 Share

Recommended Posts

Member · Posted
17 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

If the plastic wrap is very dirty and obscures the art, it would be reasonable to remove it for display purposes. You may lose some value, but them's the breaks.

Yeah it’s not just about the value of the outcome, but it’s also about the display value. I’m a mint collector above being a sealed collector, and I would have no hesitation in choosing a mint unused but unsealed over the same game with a seal but with significant damage.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

If the plastic wrap is very dirty and obscures the art, it would be reasonable to remove it for display purposes. You may lose some value, but them's the breaks.

Same here. I would rather have a high end, unused CIB over a sealed copy with torn or dirty shrinkwrap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
4 hours ago, Startyde said:

Turning a sealed game into a not sealed game over your personal whim is the textbook definition of sociopathy against history, but I forgive you cretins for making sealed games rarer.

❤️

 

One can argue that by keeping a sealed game with a badly torn seal, dust/grime underneath the seal, or ugly store stickers overlying a fragile seal; the owner is ensuring the game remains ugly for eternity. Not caring on how the game feels of its appearance, is a form of neglect/abuse towards the game and possibly...a sociopathic tendency? 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GPX said:

One can argue that by keeping a sealed game with a badly torn seal, dust/grime underneath the seal, or ugly store stickers overlying a fragile seal; the owner is ensuring the game remains ugly for eternity. Not caring on how the game feels of its appearance, is a form of neglect/abuse towards the game and possibly...a sociopathic tendency? 😉 

You already have a clean CIB copy under the wrap. You're only destroying what already exists, a net negative. Would be like skinning yourself because you're bothered by a mole.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
17 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This isn't comparing a mint unsealed game against a damaged sealed game. It's comparing a mint unsealed game against a mint game with a bad seal. Why remove it if the game underneath is mint either way?

Because a mint box + bad seal, appearance-wise, no longer looks mint if put on display. Also, a bad seal invariably means the box will likely to have some minor wear or damage as well, or more potential for wear in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
15 hours ago, Startyde said:

You already have a clean CIB copy under the wrap. You're only destroying what already exists, a net negative. Would be like skinning yourself because you're bothered by a mole.

Going on with your analogy, what if the mole is on your left cheek, 2cm in diameter with some 1cm skin tags next to it...would you choose to leave the skin lesions alone or opt to remove them? After all, the insides are still intact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Because a mint box + bad seal, appearance-wise, no longer looks mint if put on display. Also, a bad seal invariably means the box will likely to have some minor wear or damage as well, or more potential for wear in the future.

Are you running a museum where people are filing through and taking photos? Who's going to see it?

Maybe I don't understand this part of collecting but to me it's like throwing away the box because you'd rather display the mint cartridge inside. Even an ugly box is better than no box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...