IGNORED

POLL : Final Fantasy II and III or IV and VI??

TheBiRD

POLL : Final Fantasy II and III or IV and VI??  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What’s THE right way to call these games, refering to the Snes American released version.

• FF2 and FF3
    • FF4 and FF6

45 minutes ago, Gloves said:

To be fair, you changed the question after you initially asked it. You made it more specific to cater to your own opinion.

Yes I only play snes so didn’t even think of all the other options you mentionned! When I asked I only had the snes version in mind.. 

Events Helper · Posted

ya i would revote if i could, since the question was changed, but most people I talk to about it refer to them as 4 and 6 so it is less confusing to conform to the norm for gamers 🙂  Now if it is the u.s. versions for snes then yes 2 and 3 are correct for little fat 8 y/o and 11 y/o me!

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

How bout we all just agree that of the games we COULD have gotten here in North America, we got the best of the bunch? 

Can not confirm, haven't played the japanese games..........but I do love these games 🙂  once again, fat 8 y/o and 11 y/o me says these are the best ff's    haha.  

Edited by Jeevan

11 hours ago, TheBiRD said:

Yes I only play snes so didn’t even think of all the other options you mentionned! When I asked I only had the snes version in mind.. 

The SNES games released as FF2 and FF3 in the US, are still FF4 and FF6 though, so it changes nothing. Like, it's literally what they are. Arguing otherwise is like saying an unlicensed game that runs on an NES isn't an NES game.

Edited by Sumez

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/31/2020 at 8:06 PM, Gloves said:

May as well call Pokemon Yellow a GBC game. Ignorant.

Funny you bring that up, because my beef is that everyone only considers what the box says, not what's actually inside the cartridge. (it's a GBC game.) It's the exact same argument. I know that's the joke you're making, but I want to make sure EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS while I die on this hill.

As for Final Fantasy 2/4/3/6, it's all about communication. What you call them in your head doesn't matter to anyone else, you can call them anything! Talking to someone else, "Final Fantasy Six" only means one game, worldwide. There's no confusion, except that there's no US SNES game called that. "Final Fantasy Three" is confusing, because there are two games called that. In a discussion about FF games in general, there should be no mention about the naming discrepancy.

But the question is about the US SNES games specifically. If you're building a list of SNES games, you should use II and III, because that's the name of the thing you're referring to. If you're talking to someone about them, you have to specify that you're talking about the SNES game so that people who "know" will know what game you mean, and people who don't know about the Japanese/US discrepancy will just think you're talking about the SNES game called FFIII.

But I agree it's a drag to always have to say "Final Fantasy 3 but it's really 6 and Han shot first."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Splain said:

Funny you bring that up, because my beef is that everyone only considers what the box says, not what's actually inside the cartridge. (it's a GBC game.) It's the exact same argument. I know that's the joke you're making, but I want to make sure EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS while I die on this hill.

Et tu Splain?!

It's an OG Game Boy game because it has a "DMG" serial number.  HOWS IS THIS EVEN UP FOR DEBATE?!

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

Slow down! Keep making suggestions like that and Final Fantasy titles will start to become as confusing as Kingdom Hearts names.

Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76.

XBox, 360, One, Series X. 

Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite. 

And on and on.