IGNORED

POLL : Final Fantasy II and III or IV and VI??

TheBiRD

POLL : Final Fantasy II and III or IV and VI??  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What’s THE right way to call these games, refering to the Snes American released version.

• FF2 and FF3
    • FF4 and FF6

Administrator · Posted
24 minutes ago, RH said:

Following that vein, 6 is Tactics and 8 is 7, 9 is 8. Then we have FF Tactics as FF 9, which I think makes so thar by FF X, we're all caught up.

Disclaimer--I was to lazy to check release dates so I guess it could have been XI or even XII before we were caught up. I don't know.

inb4 Chocobo Racing.

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

inb4 Chocobo Racing.

Does it count or is that a spin off. We may need to count Final Fantasy Adventure then, maybe. I mean, I know it's a different series but it does contain many of the tropes other FF games have had-Chocobos, Cid, Airships, etc.

There was also Chocobo Dungeon 2 (huh?!) and even Vagrant Story takes place in the Ivalice of FFT, so if we pull all of these together, wierd naming and numbering schemes start to make since!

...And Erghiez! Maybe that one should be renamed "Final Fantasy 5/Infinity: Fight the Family DX".

Edited by RH

• 2 months later...

Can't believe I found this thread so late. This topic always gets me fired up.

I will always refer to them as II and III because, well, that's what they are outside of Japan. I totally understand why people will use IV and VI, but DO NOT try and correct me when I say II or III. 😤

• Like 1