IGNORED

PC Collectors Unite -- Show-Off Your Non-Console Games !!

Let's show some love to those classic non-console releases -- PC, Amiga, C64, Mac, etc!

Let me start by showing off one of fairly recent additions --

KQ2-A.jpg

Not gonna lie -- I paid "a bit" more than $5 for it, but no regrets ๐Ÿ™‚

Show off some of your favorites! Or discuss what's on your non-console wish-list!

• Like 2

Iโ€™ve been meaning to make a thread like this for a while so thanks for taking the initiative.ย 

Iโ€™ve been growing my big and small box collection over the year so Iโ€™ll get some pictures up soon.

Canโ€™t wait to see what people post in here!

• Like 1

Ok, here are some of my favorites:

image.jpeg.f6d791a186934657ea5d94fae61e0635.jpeg

image.jpeg.70cbea752fc0a17efc9a07922a7fd0df.jpeg

image.jpeg.4f23389f92ae99cd7ff2f4a64cc88b80.jpeg

image.jpeg.2c1d8ef6dc9cbe2aec0f3ba6645ec633.jpeg

image.jpeg.22f8cbdac2c7b74f96bc3eadd272768e.jpeg

Oh what, you're looking for physical games? Well Egger Land Episode 0: Quest of Lala, a Windows 95 game, was digital only. It was basically a demo.

image.jpeg.faf10884c1d97a1878313bfe5d60bbe4.jpeg

image.jpeg.3672ba20bb39051cb9f55c460c35c090.jpeg

I've got plenty of others too.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

This is actually several pictures from about 10 years ago that I photoshopped into a single conglomeration. This shows the Commodore VIC20/C64/+4, TI99, CoCo, Tomy Tutor, Panasonic JR-200, PCjr, and Timex-Sinclair collections (carts + selected hardware).ย  Doesn't include disk or tape software for those machines, or my Atari 8-bit, ST, Amiga, PC, Apple, or cp/m stuff, but I had this photo handy.

ย 

computer_combo.jpg.2662725ccd55e658db2502cfcabcca3d.jpg

• Wow! 3

Sorry for lack of pic but I'm big into Sierra and Command & Conquer.ย  Lots of other little odds and ends too but those are my staples.ย  Have nearly all of the King's Quest, Space Quests, Leisure Suit Larrys, Command & Conquers and Red Alerts sealed.ย  I'm not as active in PC as I was over the last 2 years though, most of my goals were knocked out by now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I have some local PC games developed in Taiwan, they're always fun to collect in big box form. I've also got a few official localized games, as well as some extra PC stuff I'm looking to dump!

From what Iโ€™ve read, big box games are still being released to this day in Taiwan arenโ€™t they?

59 minutes ago, Brickman said:

From what Iโ€™ve read, big box games are still being released to this day in Taiwan arenโ€™t they?

How big and what year are you talking? I've seen a few around 2010 or so with a ton of extra crap packed in hence the box size.

Part 2, again hastily photoshopped together from a bunch of separate images.ย  This has the Atari, Apple, Amiga, non-Coco TRS-80, boxed disk & tape games from the earlier systems, and a mish-mash of other computer stuff. Should pretty much finish the computer software collection except a few stray bits.

Computers2_small.jpg.1a4ee00bfcc9db109b1c09f10e04b5c6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

6 hours ago, nrslam said:

Part 2, again hastily photoshopped together from a bunch of separate images.ย  This has the Atari, Apple, Amiga, non-Coco TRS-80, boxed disk & tape games from the earlier systems, and a mish-mash of other computer stuff. Should pretty much finish the computer software collection except a few stray bits.

Computers2_small.jpg.1a4ee00bfcc9db109b1c09f10e04b5c6.jpg

I'd love to see detailed pics of your games! I see you have Zork, Loom, Ultima -- great stuff ๐Ÿ™‚

21 hours ago, avatar! said:

All of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously, whatever you can take pics of I'm sure everyone will enjoy looking at, thanks.

I did have a particular interest in certain companies or series, so I'll show a few of those as I uncover them.ย  Ultima, and by extension Origin, was one, so here's a bunch of stuff for them.ย  I was never lucky enough to find Mt Drash, but I got many of the others for various computer systems.ย  With the exception of Ultima II, packaging was the same over the various systems so I only show 1 of each.ย  I also got a few compilations and rereleases so they're in there too.

Ultima.jpg.374f7790ce3bc0fa47f9d879bb969fa9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Some 90s ass 90s games recently mentioned by our overlord @Gloves. I have lots of big box games but I really want more early baggie releases of Apple and TRS-80 games but it's so hard to find good stuff for sale at all. An Akalabeth was put up on Heritage Auctions and got taken down ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have no idea what Chasm: The Rift is. Sounds like a fake game.

cbHhruu.png

IzIncbT.png

jlwQPmE.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Administrator ยท Posted
47 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Some 90s ass 90s games recently mentioned by our overlord @Gloves. I have lots of big box games but I really want more early baggie releases of Apple and TRS-80 games but it's so hard to find good stuff for sale at all. An Akalabeth was put up on Heritage Auctions and got taken down ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have no idea what Chasm: The Rift is. Sounds like a fake game.

cbHhruu.png

IzIncbT.png

jlwQPmE.png

Chasm was essentially time travelling Quake, to reduce it to a few words. Military complex, ancient Egypt, medieval times, alien spaceship. It had some pretty decent dismemberment physics for the time, one dude for instance had an arm that could shoot buzzsaws, which you could remove, reducing him to trying to bite you. Military dude's with guns, shoot off their gun arm and they'll try to punch you with the other, shoot THAT off and they try to kick you lol. Was great fun, and it actually got a remaster on ps5/Steam which is phenomenal.ย 

Administrator ยท Posted
Just now, DefaultGen said:

Ohh, so Daikatana. Sounds awesome.

Daikatana if it were legit decent. Not like amazing or anything, I imagine most people would play and be confused or angry lol, but I honestly imagine you'd enjoy it.ย 

• Like 1

Editorials Team ยท Posted

I use to read and reread my copies of PC Gamer from the late '90s over and over again, some I vividly remember them absolutely trashing Chasm.

But it's also my type of game, so it's on my shortlist of remasters to eventually purchase.

Administrator ยท Posted
5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I use to read and reread my copies of PC Gamer from the late '90s over and over again, some I vividly remember them absolutely trashing Chasm.

Some people are allergic to just having fun.

The puzzles can be a bit cryptic so you can get lost at times. The guns get the job done, the audio is decent enough. There's some real asshole enemy placement at times (e.g. enemies who can hit you from a distance without the need for a physical projectile (i.e. screaming at you to do damage) but I mean come on, it's from that time when memorizing a level was the only way to actually get through unscathed.