IGNORED

I'm constantly mis-gendered on the phone (called "ma'am") and it drives me CRAZY!!!!

Estil

Wow, lol, that video is crazy! You go girl, you beat the shit out of all those people calling you sir or whatever, I'm on her side, lol!

This world we live in today is so hilarious, it's like all the bullshit and trolling on the internet has spilled over into rl and is just infecting and distorting it into a weird crazy Funhouse mirror reality. Fun times!

4 hours ago, CMR said:

I just said in the OP that is NOT the kind of mis-gendering I'm talking about. 😞  And for someone who insists on being called ma'am that is among the most unladylike behavior I've ever seen 😞 

Edited by Estil

2 hours ago, Estil said:

I just said in the OP that is NOT the kind of mis-gendering I'm talking about. 😞  And for someone who insists on being called ma'am that is among the most unladylike behavior I've ever seen 😞 

I don't know about that... Throwing a huge hissy fit over meaningless bullshit is typical womanlike behaviour, in my experience! 😛

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I don't know about that... Throwing a huge hissy fit over meaningless bullshit is typical womanlike behaviour, in my experience! 😛

I thought only toddlers were supposed to do that?  You know, terrible twos and all that?  I mean it's not like throwing a tantrum will really change anything, just make you look like an idiot in front of everybody.

Like Splinter and Donatello told Michelangelo in that one TMNT episode, these people have much to learn about patience.   They gotta learn to keep cool like eh, more civilized people?  I mean grown adults should know better and set a good example and all that right?

• Like 1

Scary person in that vid. Like that dude on Silence of the Lambs. Maybe it's wrong for me to say, but that is what I thought of. Always going to be some severely mentally ill out there among the population that make it bad for certain groups of people. This is just an unstable person, who cross-dresses and well, I can't know what is in that mind to know how another really feels about themselves, but I do know what I see, and that is a person who is potentially dangerous. If I were a customer I would have quickly walked right out of the store worried that a gun or something would be pulled, because you never know, and it's like that for any violence that happens, bad enough I remember all the customers I've had in some past jobs that acted to that extent and over little things, such as one dude when I was working at a video rental place going off because he wasn't allowed to rent anything without first paying his late fees, he threatened to walk out with them, What's going to stop me, huh?! If you go out there with those I will have to call the police, I told him. I could see the anger getting ready to blow up in him and he threw the movies across the store. One of the more scary moments that shook me up so much I started crying, got so weak in the legs I could hardly stand. Then he collects himself after walking out and comes back in and apologies for scaring me and paid his fees. And there was another time with a couple, when I was working at Toys R Us during christmas and the wife wanted something and was rudely interrupting me with another customer on the salesfloor, I was helping someone else out and asked her to please wait, that I'd be with her after them, her husband, huge fucking guy lunged at me as I backed into the stockroom, fist raised, What did you say! I said I'll be back to help you in a moment. I thought that's what you said and he calmed down and walked back out. Whew. Always hated holiday, too many angry people full of stress. It's sad because this person in that video may have been abused really bad and also has a lot of brain issues, there's a lot of confusion in there beyond what they can handle, that given the circumstances needs meds most likely in order to function without all that rage.

But back on topic, misgendering over phone...

And I have been misgendered over the phone too, as my mom puts it, it's because I get nervous when talking I tend to not speak clearly or mumble and since they can't see me, they hear mumble mumble, so voice can be a little deeper sounding, thus sound dudish or borderline, thus addressed me as sir.

Edited by MeganJoanne

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Please tell me that isn't real.  I hope it is indeed a bunch of Photoshopped bull!  Didn't they have a Captain Planet episode about this or something?

Copious amounts of steroids and antibiotics? Might make your balls shrink a little... wait, didn't seem to effect that fella.

6 hours ago, Estil said:

I know it wasn't what you were talking about, but I couldn't help but be reminded of that video.  😄  It's especially hilarious when the guy behind the counter gets flustered and accidentally calls him sir again.

Sorry, but the only advice I can give you is to learn to talk in a deeper tone or start introducing yourself as Ed or Bob or something.

Yeah, it happens to me. I have a fairly deep voice, and if I'm nervous or anxious, it can get deeper.

I have mass anxiety about using a phone to talk with strangers, actually. So I generally avoid the phone if I can.

One time, I corrected the person, and they basically talked over me and completely ignored it, and moved on with the conversation. I did again, and the same happened. This was a customer service call where I had to be on the phone with two banks so they could verify I owned both accounts. I figure they were on a script, and just ran with it, not even hearing me. Still was pretty shitty. It's not like I was doing a lot of talking on that call, just confirming a few things.

10 hours ago, Estil said:

Please tell me that isn't real.  I hope it is indeed a bunch of Photoshopped bull!  Didn't they have a Captain Planet episode about this or something?

They're real. The one in that pic is a bit more extreme though, probably through selective breeding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Blue

24 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

OP, aren’t you the dude who self-identifies as a “crazy cat lady”??

You're effeminate. Just roll with it. 

Well it's just that crazy cat guy or crazy cat gent or whatever doesn't flow off the tongue quite right.

And sadly my apartment building only allows one kitty 😞 

Edited by Estil