IGNORED

I'm constantly mis-gendered on the phone (called "ma'am") and it drives me CRAZY!!!!

Estil

I called up a grocery store to confirm a Thanksgiving meal order I made, and I couldn't tell if the person on the other end was a man or woman. When the person first picked up the phone it sounded like a man, and then right before we hung up it sounded like a woman. I'll never know if it was a he or a she.

I've never been misgendered over the phone, although I've been told I have a deep voice in general. *shrug*

You know, I was kinda guilty of misgendering myself here...I heard this on the radio (back in the olden days when you didn't have YouTube and such) many times and I only just recently found out this was sung by a chick!  And quite a hot one I might add!  When SHE sings it live though it's considerably less "male sounding"

Oh yeah and who could forget MegaGirl from MegaMan 8, not to mention Dr. Fudd? 🙂

Dr. Fudd: Now when you go to Dr. Wily's tw'er, you got to be berry berry quiet!  Huh huh huh huh huh! (sorry I don't know how to word Elmer Fudd's laugh) 😄

This happens to me all the time.  Doesn't help that my name is Aaron, even considering the spelling people still think I'm an Erin.  I've just learned to roll with it, it's not a big deal to me anymore.

I'll say it is kind of funny when this happens in the drive-thru and I end up getting a look from the cashier, who has to confirm what I ordered just to make sure they have the right person.  Yeah it's me, girly-voice guy.  😛