IGNORED

Let the merry season… BEGIN

ThePhleo

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

The kids have had their fun, it’s time to make room for the REAL holidays now.

I hereby declare war on Thanksgiving and claim November 1 - December 25 in the name of CHRIST….mas 

So... Ah..... (scratches head)  What exactly is your beef with Thanksgiving?

15 minutes ago, PII said:

So... Ah..... (scratches head)  What exactly is your beef with Thanksgiving?

It is in the way of a glorious 365 days of Christmas my friend! This is a crusade after all!

I’ve mentioned in private to my fellow men in arms our battle plan, but here it is for you all.

New Years is still too powerful, but luckily their power is limited to December 26 - January 1.

We have a small enclave of Christmas in July, so the only thing stopping us from being holly-jolly all summer is Halloween, then Octoberfest, then Memorial Day!

The power of Christ-mas compels you to fight for glory!

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PII said:

I keep my tree up until February.  Does that help?

Very good comrade, but have you considered keeping it up until Easter, then disguising it as an “Easter” tree?

The Easterians are on our side, and will readily join us when our holidays finally meet.

Laziness is key to breaking through the January barrier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Very good comrade, but have you considered keeping it up until Easter, then disguising it as an “Easter” tree?

The Easterians are on our side, and will readily join us when our holidays finally meet.

Laziness is key to breaking through the January barrier!

I can give you lights indefinitely.  That's the plan anyway.... 🙂 

Just now, ThePhleo said:

Be ye friend or foe-ho-ho

I don't have anything against the winter holidays. The fact xmas lights and trees have been filling store shelves around here since mid-October is just absurd. I think out local Costco had already moved out their Halloween stuff at the start of October. About a week ago there were already xmas jingles in stores thanks to the artificial trees. No.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year plus Black Friday follows it and then cyber Monday. Although both are a shell of what they used to be. I’m also a proponent of stores being closed (online shopping) or if the capitalists insist, have the store open regular hours or even Sunday hours (late open, early close). 

If you eat ham on thanksgiving, you are part of the problem.

• Angry 1

48 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

If you eat ham on thanksgiving, you are part of the problem.

You can't even find a decent ham around here, dammit, that my friend smuggled me two canned hams last year. And the turkey, well the shops figured out a way to turn chicken into turkey... bootleg turkey, who would have thought?

3 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I had a neighbor turn on their Christmas lights as their turned off their porch lights for trick or treaters last night. I feel like we have officially reached the limit of how far the season can be extended.

The only way this is acceptable is if they had a Krampus theme going. Or... if they legitimately don't have Halloween lights but want to put up some lights with Halloween decorations like our neighbor did.

5 hours ago, G-type said:

As I've gotten older, I think I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas. Gift buying is stressful for procrastinators like me.

Who says you have to part take in the buying? I genuinely LOVE the festiveness of everything.

4 hours ago, RH said:

Chronicle Books: Bestsellers, New Releases, Unique Books + Gifts | Grumpy  cat christmas, Christmas memes funny, Funny grumpy cat memes

You get a pass for being festive. You will assimilate whether you like it or not and I'm okay with your protest.

2 hours ago, Link said:

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

Foul!? THE ONLY FOUL IS YOUR TONE

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s not Xmas season till 8 bit Xmas 2023

You raise a good point.

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I had a neighbor turn on their Christmas lights as their turned off their porch lights for trick or treaters last night. I feel like we have officially reached the limit of how far the season can be extended.

As god Intended.

Also, again, we have Christmas In July. We can EASILY extend it at least to half the year if Halloween wasn't in the damn way.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I think it's disrespectful to completely disregard Remembrance Day, they deserve their dues.

I start Christmas after that.

We can split the holiday season on that day. But we must show no mercy.

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Thanksgiving was like a  month ago. 

...We don't celebrate commie holidays. This is an AMERICAN, CHRISTIAN website gloves. IF THAT EVEN IS YOUR REAL NAME.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1