IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, RH said:

I didn’t even know Yahoo! Had forums (though it doesn’t surprise me.)

They used to have "groups," which combined a forum and a listserv, and I was a longtime member of one. They tended to be extremely niche, like if we had a splinter forum that only talked about how to market homebrew NES games and nothing else.

But Yahoo divested themselves of it, and most moved to places like groups.io. Which was nice because that site could take the archived posts and keep them searchable (basically the polar opposite of what GoCollect did to NA.)

Edited by Tulpa
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They used to have "groups," which combined a forum and a listserv, and I was a longtime member of one. They tended to be extremely niche, like if we had a splinter forum that only talked about how to market homebrew NES games and nothing else.

But Yahoo divested themselves of it, and most moved to places like groups.io. Which was nice because that site could take the archived posts and keep them searchable (basically the polar opposite of what GoCollect did to NA.)

The few I was a member of were devoted to a specific game - none of them were very big but the people in them were really really into the game.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:18 PM, Tanooki said:

@Link Wow...true story.  THis was posted on facebook about two years ago in a private group.  I found it funny and made my own comment which was basically a repeat of another made too.  It was sad that Mario was so big that when kirby sucked him up the secretary didn't realize the change.  I got put in facebook jail for a WEEK over it for bullying Mario fat shaming him and Kirby.  For serious. 😄  Their bots are raging stupid, as is their human arbitrators, as I put it to human review and it was upheld.  The stupid leading/coding the stupid.  The group admin and mods even wrote them to lift it, they got denied too by the way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tenjikuronin said:

ArborDay5478.gif

This happens with a lot of businesses, but when you have people in charge of companies that hold grudges against other companies and feel like it's their job to try and muscle out the competition, they do this.  The Family Dollar/Dollar General rivalry is pretty infamous, but there have been others over the years.

• Like 1