IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

Social Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Tulpa said:

353648843_10228242849349727_5958098216896670628_n.jpg

That isn't an expiration date but a Best By date.  A lot of food items use that or Sell By date too.  It's up to the consumer to figure out when something is no long edible.  Best advice is to smell the item in question or visually inspect it to see if it's slimy when it's should be like raw meats.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/19/2023 at 6:12 PM, FireHazard51 said:

That isn't an expiration date but a Best By date.  A lot of food items use that or Sell By date too.  It's up to the consumer to figure out when something is no long edible.  Best advice is to smell the item in question or visually inspect it to see if it's slimy when it's should be like raw meats.

In that particular case I doubt it was the safety of the product but rather the usability - salt tends to cake and it would be somewhat of nuisance to pound it out.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I think there's a slight difference between getting out of bed and going...

*checks Wikipedia*

12,500 feet deep into the ocean.

There is an even bigger difference between going down 12,500 feet in the ocean and coming back up 12,500 feet in the ocean .....

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Very true. Also coming back up from 12,500 as you went down, alive and breathing, and coming back up squished beyond recognition.

Dying by an instant implosion might well be preferable to waiting for a rescue that if you are honest with yourself you know will never come.

Social Team · Posted
19 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

Dying by an instant implosion might well be preferable to waiting for a rescue that if you are honest with yourself you know will never come.

It'll come.... but too late.  I heard on the radio that the was multiple redundancies to make sure the sub would surface.  Including if they all were dead inside the sub.  But the problem is they fucking bolted the damn thing from the outside in.  So they could be bobbing along the surface and not be found until they ran out of air.

4 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

It'll come.... but too late.  I heard on the radio that the was multiple redundancies to make sure the sub would surface.  Including if they all were dead inside the sub.  But the problem is they fucking bolted the damn thing from the outside in.  So they could be bobbing along the surface and not be found until they ran out of air.

If there was a hull integrity failure it would happen too quickly (virtually instantly) for anything except maybe a  few odd pieces of debris to float up - they couldn't redundancy around that law of physics.  I read somewhere that the thing supposedly had  alarms/beacons that would trigger if it surfaced unexpectedly - so it likely didn't surface.

It is somewhat ironic in that the search for the Titanic  was essentially a ruse - it was used as a pretext to secretly search for the wreckages of the Thresher and the Scorpion - funded  by the government.  It was only after that those were located that Ballard was allowed to actually search for the Titanic.  And here they are back to square one looking for a submersible again.