IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

Up until 2019 or so I used to do really well at Gamestop for just some of my time.  I'd follow the CAG thread about deals and flips for trade ins, and I could literally go from one to the next in a loop buying stuff, trading it in, and coming out with additional funds since there were 8 Gamestops in my nearby area. 

I turned maybe a $250 initial investment into thousands in trade credit over time, it was nuts that it worked. Plus none of the employees really cared because I would rate well and buy the occasional GPGs to help them out.  

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, avatar! said:

And as a scientist, my immediate reaction is "seriously, you can't lick gas people" 🙂

Sure you can, I just licked the air!  It just doesn't push back much. 😉 

On a completely unrelated note: Anyone for a Helium Smoothie?  You'll probably never use your tongue again, but you can try it once!

...My inspection was not exhaustive, but the part that caught my eye was that licking "Uranium" was only considered "maybe not a good idea."    😹

Edited by PII

50 minutes ago, PII said:

...My inspection was not exhaustive, but the part that caught my eye was that licking "Uranium" was only considered "maybe not a good idea."    😹

Licking uranium might not be a good idea, but licking myanium is a-ok.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, PII said:

Sure you can, I just licked the air!  It just doesn't push back much. 😉 

On a completely unrelated note: Anyone for a Helium Smoothie?  You'll probably never use your tongue again, but you can try it once!

People don't really understand radiation and uranium etc.

Concrete has uranium bits in it. Concrete is radioactive. You still get much more radiation from the Sun than from spending walking around in concrete. You can hold a chunk of uranium in your hand and nothing will happen. I wouldn't lick it, swallow it, etc. but it's not enriched uranium and is naturally occurring. Forever chemicals, microplastics, etc. those pose much more of a cancer risk than most anything else.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, PII said:

From about 1917-1926 some young women who worked in watch/clock factories would later die a miserable death due to radiation poisoning.  Their job involved painting clock and watch dials with radium paint.  To get better detail they would frequently moisten the tips of the delicate paint brushes in their mouths.  In addition many would take paint home and decorate their bodies with it to amuse their boyfriends, They became collectively known as the radium girls.

51GLNSdDDqL._SY445_SX342_.jpg.d78aa6c04eb44336cc71b6b2fc1c3962.jpg

The dangers with radiation really weren't understood - even the eminent researcher Madame Curie would die from radiation induced leukemia.  

Edited by Tabonga

35 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

From about 1917-1926 some young women who worked in watch/clock factories would later die a miserable death due to radiation poisoning.  Their job involved painting clock and watch dials with radium paint.  To get better detail they would frequently moisten the tips of the delicate paint brushes in their mouths.  In addition many would take paint home and decorate their bodies with it to amuse their boyfriends, They became collectively known as the radium girls.

51GLNSdDDqL._SY445_SX342_.jpg.d78aa6c04eb44336cc71b6b2fc1c3962.jpg

The dangers with radiation really weren't understood - even the eminent researcher Madame Curie would die from radiation induced leukemia.  

Sounds like a good read.  Seems there's a long history of people being led to believe that this or that is perfectly safe until guess what?  You can't, because you're dead.

...or severally maimed....

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

elements can be a gas, liquid, or solid.  Licking liquid helium....not the best idea but totally doable.

Actually, they can also be plasma -- although plasma is primarily H and He -- basically stars.

Definitely don't think one should lick plasma, it tends to be rather spicy 🙂