IGNORED

Meme You Just Have to Share

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes aside, where is that.

I could see this meme being offensive to the Catholics but... yeah, I mean, look at that.  WTF is that art in the background.  It definitely evokes those feeling of walking into the first major boss battle of needing to kill a "king" who's really the puppet to the true mastermind of all the games antagonism.

It's called the Paul IV hall or the audience hall in Vatican City. It's actually a relatively new building (compared to the centuries old ones next to it in the Vatican.) Though some of the other "thrones" of the pope do nothing to dispel the final boss image.

The top one is the cathedra in St. John Lateran, which is the official cathedral seat of the pope. It's actually not in the Vatican, but nearby in Rome itself. The bottom one is the seat in St. Peter's Basillca, which isn't actually a cathedral, but is the church that is actually in the Vatican. The weird history of the Papal States and modern Rome has stuff scattered all over. 

st-john-lateran-rome-5.jpg

85b64072510402d8146a0f3c51caed6b.jpg

I was on board with Danny boy there until that last sentence, it's not just un-funny, it's also sad and wrong when I first saw that.  The oddity of it all Activison and that tool CEO, given what they've done, that's a pot kettle black snark moment if there ever was one.