1. 1. Super Mario Wonder

• I've pre-ordered the game
    • I plan to buy the game day one!
    • I plan to buy it at some point in the future, maybe on sale
    • I'll wait to see more reviews / information, and make a decision later
    • I'm not interested in buying the game

Administrator · Posted

I'm really enjoying it so far!

Took me a while to get started, because my first copy was stolen by a porch pirate, but I got it replaced and just started the game a few days ago.  

It is really wacky and silly and fun.  I am having a blast with it!  It's definitely on the easy side but I'm ok with that.  I like that the game is throwing me all sorts of surprises and new game elements throughout the levels.  They really got creative with this one and it just makes the game super fun.  

It loosely takes the sorta formulaic approach of NSBM series just in terms of levels and world layout, but inside the levels, you really never know what is gonna happen!  It is very fun and I'm super happy with it!

• Like 3

On 10/29/2023 at 4:23 AM, Sumez said:

I could have sworn I saw the smb4 subtitle somewhere in the west back in those days as well. 

It must have made it through the cracks somewhere in marketing even if it's not on the box. 

I think Nintendo made an LCD toy version of Super Mario World with that name

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_World_(Nelsonic_Game_Watch)

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Ankos said:

I think Nintendo made an LCD toy version of Super Mario World with that name

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_World_(Nelsonic_Game_Watch)

also known as Super Mario Bros. 4 (on the bezel) and Super Mario 4 (in the instruction leaflet), 

Does this mean leaving “Bros.” out of the title doesn’t violate canon? 

This one isn't part of New SMB series, they would have included that in there.  It sure handles more like a more classic SMB title, the only 'new' that did was U/Switch and they even said after taking in consumer feedback they wanted that one to handle like SMW(SMB4) which is it did, probably why it's the one I really only liked.

I need to put Wonder (SMB5?) to good use then, so damn time constrained I still haven't even finished world 1 which is why I've stayed out of here largely to not ruin things. 😕

I don't buy/get gifted many switch games at this rate, got this, kirby, metroid prime, and valis collection 2 this year, that's it I believe.  None of them are finished.

My daughters love this game. It’s surprising because it looks the same as the New SMB game on Switch, but the difficulty on that game is too high for them to play. This game is much more approachable for little kids. It’s also still fun for adults.

I wish Nintendo would go back to New SMB U on Switch and release an update patch to toggle off friendly collisions in multiplayer, also maybe tweak the difficulty to make it easier for kids

Editorials Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, phart010 said:

My daughters love this game. It’s surprising because it looks the same as the New SMB game on Switch, but the difficulty on that game is too high for them to play. This game is much more approachable for little kids. It’s also still fun for adults.

I wish Nintendo would go back to New SMB U on Switch and release an update patch to toggle off friendly collisions in multiplayer, also maybe tweak the difficulty to make it easier for kids

Yeah, NSMB can send you back to a save point.  Wonder doesn't make you redo a bunch of levels.  Much better for kids.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1