IGNORED

Why is Stadium Events So Much More Expensive?

DefaultGen

3 hours ago, Tulpa said:

This would all be solved if everyone would pitch in on a communal Stadium Events. Everyone pays a little in the pot, we all claim ownership, and it sits in someone's house, and everyone has a full retail set.

I mean, no one's going to play it, and even if someone does get the itch to pull out the Power Pad, $5 WCTM scratches that.

There's no real downside to this. I'll even volunteer to keep it at my place, saving everyone space for one more cart. Of course, I'll forgo my contribution to the pot. I mean, it is taking up space in my abode. Plus, I'll have to get more secure locks and such, so that'll be my contribution.

I'll be waiting in the mail for it to arrive. No need to thank me. The knowledge that I'm helping everyone here is thanks enough. 🙂

( 😛 )

Wasn’t there already some scam where people were doing this a couple of years ago? You buy a piece of the pie and it only got sold if the majority agreed or something. I feel like it was maybe a facebook group was doing it or something and it may have been talked about on Nintendoage right before it shut down

33 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Wasn’t there already some scam where people were doing this a couple of years ago? You buy a piece of the pie and it only got sold if the majority agreed or something. I feel like it was maybe a facebook group was doing it or something and it may have been talked about on Nintendoage right before it shut down

That sounds kinda like those programs where you can buy "shares" in collectibles. I think there is one for art called Masterworks

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Not a scam, lots of people buy portions of things as an investment.

https://rallyrd.com/

5 hours ago, Gentlegamer said:

Did that pallet of new Stadium Events ever get sold?

Two of the three cases were sold. One remains sealed.

14 hours ago, Gentlegamer said:

Did that pallet of new Stadium Events ever get sold?

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Not a scam, lots of people buy portions of things as an investment.

https://rallyrd.com/

Two of the three cases were sold. One remains sealed.

Also, to be clear, there’s a big difference between a pallet and a case.

And I can’t remember what that guys name was (and I’m sad to admit that, but I am drawing a blank…) but he allegedly found a pallet of NES games in a closed down department store.  On that pallet we’re 3 cases of Stadium Events.

How many games are in a case? 6 or 8? Anyway, he’s publicly said he’s holding onto that third case for his kids inheritance, last I read.  We’ll see.

Jeez, I hate I can’t recall that guys name… I follow him on eBay too.

43 minutes ago, RH said:

Tim Atwood! I got there.

44 minutes ago, RH said:

And I can’t remember what that guys name was (and I’m sad to admit that, but I am drawing a blank…) but he allegedly found a pallet of NES games in a closed down department store.  On that pallet we’re 3 cases of Stadium Events.

How many games are in a case? 6 or 8? Anyway, he’s publicly said he’s holding onto that third case for his kids inheritance, last I read.  We’ll see.

the OG NES pump

do you remember when 'pics or it didnt happen' was a big thing on the internet?

1 hour ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

do you remember when 'pics or it didnt happen' was a big thing on the internet?

It’s not still a thing?!

But, yeah, I agree.  I know he’s posted some photos of some of his remaining cases.  I don’t think he’s ever post a photo of that 3rd case, and that’s partly why a lot of people get there panties in a wad about.

I tend to believe he owns it though.  After all the drama he went through when he went public about his finds, I don’t blame him for keeping his last huge hunk of digital gold in a safe, undisclosed location.  If he’s smart and has the money for it, it’s in a lock box vault in a bank.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

Multiple pallets of games with 3 cases of Stadium Events, each containing 6 games. The first 12 games were sold with accompanying NDA and he is holding the last case of 6.

I know he got quite sick a while back and sold a large chunk of his games but the Stadium Events is not the rarest game in his collection.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Multiple pallets of games with 3 cases of Stadium Events, each containing 6 games. The first 12 games were sold with accompanying NDA and he is holding the last case of 6.

I know he got quite sick a while back and sold a large chunk of his games but the Stadium Events is not the rarest game in his collection.

What's the rarest one?

You could have 3 people manipulate the market for Stadium Events. Let’s say the market is very illiquid and Stadium Events currently goes for $5000.

3 friends Bimmy, Jimmy and Marian all own a Stadium Events and all want to increase the value of their games.

1. Jimmy buys Bimmy’s SE for $7000 (nobody counter bids because its higher than market price.)

2. Marian buys Jimmy’s SE for $9000. (Again, nobody counter bids because its higher than market price.)

3. Bimmy buys Marian’s SE for $11,000…

They can keep doing this endlessly as long as the game lacks liquidity. In the end they are just raising the market price because they are creating sales history. As long as they keep the sales within their little group, they still have their games and their money (minus auction transactions fees). Well actually, if they own the auction website, then they still have ALL their money too…

So they keep their games and they keep their money within their little group. Along comes some rich guy that’s an outsider (not part of their group) thinking this is a bull market of collectables. He is actually willing to pay real money (not pretend “show money”) for the games. Now Jimmy, Bimmy and Marian sell their $5000 copies of SE for $30,000 each. 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, phart010 said:

You could have 3 people manipulate the market for Stadium Events. Let’s say the market is very illiquid and Stadium Events currently goes for $5000.

3 friends Bimmy, Jimmy and Marian all own a Stadium Events and all want to increase the value of their games.

1. Jimmy buys Bimmy’s SE for $7000 (nobody counter bids because its higher than market price.)

2. Marian buys Jimmy’s SE for $9000. (Again, nobody counter bids because its higher than market price.)

They can keep doing this endlessly as long as the game lacks liquidity. In the end they are just raising the market price because they are creating sales history. As long as they keep the sales within their little group, they still have their games and their money (minus auction transactions fees). Well actually, if they own the auction website, then they still have ALL their money too…

So they keep their games and they keep their money within their little group. Along comes some rich guy that’s an outsider (not part of their group) thinking this is a bull market of collectables. He is actually willing to pay real money (not pretend “show money”) for the games. Now Jimmy, Bimmy and Marian sell their $5000 copies of SE for $30,000 each. 

...but that's just an analogy. Something like that would never, ever happen in real life. I mean, owning the auction site too? Preposterous! 

• Haha 2

5k?!

claim

all jokes aside

from my experience high grade sealed games get 0 to 2 interested people and a stadium events cart gets a ton of interest

big difference between cart collectors waiting for decades vs mint condition sealed collectors looking for stonks

Edited by CIB_Wholesale
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, phart010 said:

Who's ready for a good ole fashion Stadium Events Pump n' Dump!

To da mooooooon!

Elon Musk Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live