IGNORED

Anyone here a flexitarian?

fcgamer

22 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Was it MCT oil? I use the powder because I got it for free at work. I’ll be switching up to the oil when I run out of the powder.

These smoothies keep me full and energized almost all day. 
When I work a close shift at work I bring dinner, but opening shifts I don’t need any food until I get home that night. 

Hmmm... no, don't think it was MCT. I think it was Flaxseed Oil... maybe? I'd have to go over to a Bulk Barn and just find the bottle. I can't seem to think of it/look it up. 

Yeah, I immediately feel more energized after a shake, specially with the mixed greens.  

3 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Taco's can be super tasty without meat. 

Expand your mind my friend.... tasty meals, including tacos, are very possible without meat. It's all about how you cook/prepare whatever ingredients you're using. 🤷‍♂️

You can eat all the meat you want, though, do your thing.... Especially if you enjoy your stinky farts! 😎👍

Yeah they probably can be.  But do you know what would make those super tasty veggie tacos better?  Some fuckin carnitas.  I would try people meat if they would let me.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
14 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Taco's can be super tasty without meat. 

Expand your mind my friend.... tasty meals, including tacos, are very possible without meat. It's all about how you cook/prepare whatever ingredients you're using. 🤷‍♂️

You can eat all the meat you want, though, do your thing.... Especially if you enjoy your stinky farts! 😎👍

GSeKAUVCfGIjg5tK3TTyU9D5gLU=.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Yeah they probably can be.  But do you know what would make those super tasty veggie tacos better?  Some fuckin carnitas.  I would try people meat if they would let me.

I'm not sure you're understanding the concept of being a "flexitarian".

Also, I get the joke.... but if you're actually serious about needing meat in EVERY meal, you really need to expand your culinary brain. There's uncountable meals that can be made sans meat that would probably melt your brain if you were open minded enough to make it. 

Do you sprinkle bacon/other meats into your cereal? Sorry... Cereal is only part of a balanced breakfast. Balanced with what? BACON!!!

8 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

GSeKAUVCfGIjg5tK3TTyU9D5gLU=.gif

Saw the sad face for the comment too.... I assume you're being sarcastic, but if not.... let's be real here: 

If someone, presumably someone who eats meat regularly, thinks that tacos can NOT be delicious without meat, then that person is just lying to themselves. 

It's literally, objectively, untrue. 

If myself, a vegetarian, can admit/recognize that a place like McDonalds DOES taste good (loves me some McChickens... as they are literally designed to be tasty) then someone who eats meat should at least be able to recognize that meals without meat can be made to be tasty as well.

It's insane to think otherwise. 😅

There's literally ground meat substitute that they make that you can use, and if prepared properly, I bet you wouldn't even be able to tell against your grocery store (presumably, haha) ground beef. 

Like I said... it's all about how you prepare the ingredients you're using. 

Coming from someone who LOVES tacos and grew up eating them with lots of meat (family even eats them on Christmas instead of turkey), and now not eating meat and still loving tacos.... it's very very possible. 😎👍

Edited by AirVillain
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
12 hours ago, AirVillain said:

There's literally ground meat substitute that they make that you can use, and if prepared properly, I bet you wouldn't even be able to tell against your grocery store (presumably, haha) ground beef. 

Just poking a little fun.  I've tried the impossible, beyond, veggie crumbles, dogs, etc.  The wife enjoys them.  They're not terrible, but they're definitely not fooling anyone.  And if I'm going to eat vegetables anyway, might as well just have a nice big salad or something.  Don't need to dress it all up like a hamburger for no reason.

Now when they start making meat disguised as broccoli, I'll call that progress!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Just poking a little fun.  I've tried the impossible, beyond, veggie crumbles, dogs, etc.  The wife enjoys them.  They're not terrible, but they're definitely not fooling anyone.  And if I'm going to eat vegetables anyway, might as well just have a nice big salad or something.  Don't need to dress it all up like a hamburger for no reason.

That's my opinion too, I'm not sure why they need to make vegetarian food that attempts to mimic meat. There's so many good recipes, just use some tofu and a bitter melon or something to whip up a good vegetarian curry, use sprouts and mushrooms in some dishes for texture, etc.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Recently I heard someone say that everyone who is vegan is homosexual. Now all of you go connect the dots

I don't know who said that but it's a pretty absurd statement.   Also you say that almost like there is something wrong/bad about being homosexual (there isn't).

• Agree 1

On 10/11/2023 at 11:10 PM, JamesRobot said:

Yeah... when I go to a restaurant and they have a "veggie" burger but it's just the Beyond Burger I think that's just lazy. 

No man... it's okay. Some veggie "meats" ARE terrible. I've had plenty of the Hot dogs/veggie "meats" that are nasty, it's okay for us to admit it. Haha, some of the crumble "meat" ones are good in chili/spaghetti sauce/tacos, though. There's a couple times/year I'll buy the hotdogs. 

I also use some of the sliced meat replacements for sandwiches, too.

Personally for tacos, though, I prefer to just put the taco seasoning mix into some fried peppers & onions. 😎👍 

Broccoli Meat or Meaty Broccoli??? 😳