IGNORED

Anyone here a flexitarian?

fcgamer

6 hours ago, Splain said:

I heard that plant-based protein is harder for our bodies to absorb than protein from meat, and that you only get something like 70% of the grams from like, a shake or whatever. Any truth to that?

Yes, I spoke about this once with a close friend of mine, who is a former professional bodybuilder. He explained the ins and outs of it to me back when I was trying to bulk up, and highly suggested I eat chicken and fish instead of tofu for this reason. At the time I wanted to just go straight tofu as I didn't have to cook it.

6 hours ago, Splain said:

Didn't coca-cola convince some organization to recommend a can of soda as a healthy snack once? Let me find it

Edit:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coca-cola-paid-nutrition-experts-to-recommend-soda-as-a-healthy-snack-2015-3

Basically "those mini-cans aren't TOO bad for you, especially if you cut back to those when you're obese from drinking tons of coke every day"

Wait, coke isn't good for you? But it has vitamins.

I reckon Guinness is good for constipation.

images (1).jpeg

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

One of my absolute favorites is Agedashi Tofu from a really good Japanese restaurant.  It's amazing!!

That looks good, I might have had this before. It looks simple enough to make though, next time my Japanese friend comes around I might see if we can make some and then I'll post pictures. Thanks for the recommendation @spacepup !

12 hours ago, Link said:

I got it 🙂

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Nah, I noticed it immediately and thought it brilliant of you.

Do you know how @Richardhead picks up all these women? He walks up to them and says "Hey baby, what's your sign? I'm a Vagittarius!". 🤣 Also, here's an artist's rendering of what he may look like.41XaE310GgL.jpg

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2023 at 1:15 PM, Code Monkey said:

Oh you're right, it is low in sodium. Wow, thanks for telling me that. However, I know it's high in estrogen, can you point me to the studies? I always enjoy reading research papers.

the biggest concern is that after eating it, you are going to make "soy face" in photos.

I thought we were going to be talking about our lift game. 

arnold schwarzenegger vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

On 9/9/2023 at 2:31 AM, Sumez said:

I have no idea what that term means, are there any rules to what you can eat and what you can't?

My girlfriend is a vegan, so we never eat dead animals at home. But I'll usually do it once in a while if we're eating out somewhere. 

I'm happy that way and it seems like a normal, sensible diet to me.

I guess it's a funny/fancy/presumptuous way to say you don't eat meat, sometimes. 

Which depends how you tale it/what the OP meant.

On 9/9/2023 at 9:21 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Maybe, but normalitarian would just sound ridiculous. 😂

Haha... nah, I like the sounds of that.  And I do believe it's different, anyways. 

A "Normaltarian," in western culture, would have meat at EVERY meal. Or at least most of the time there's meat involved in a stereotypical meal. Steak and Potatoes, Ham sandsich, Hamburger and fries, etc. etc. etc. 

Where-as a "flexetarian" eats vegetarian meals sometimes as described. 

Personally... I feel as though if the OP is trying to be funny/ironic about the name then it's funny and leads to a good discussion about the amount of meat consumed, especially at EVERY meal, and factory farming. 

If the OP is trying to be serious about coining the term then that's in itself quite presumptuous as it is already quite a "normal" thing to do... eating less meat based meals, that is. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

you have no idea how much less smelly your farts are when you stop eating meat

true story

That seems like a benefit for other people not me.  And I don’t get to eat meat?  Fuck that.  You know what else is sucky without meat?  Tacos.  Stop ruining tacos.  

• Agree 2

Not saying what you should eat at all. Eat whatever you want 😊

But let me tell you it makes a big difference to me, apart from the smell joke. No more milk and cheese and no more meat and my bowels are a whole different person.

I find lots of people get offended or aggressive when you simply tell them that you quit meat or that you are trying to. I used to be one of those guys. I still eat fish for now.

I also agree that many vegetable oils are crap compared to good pork fat. It doesnt have to be a religion. Just a personal choice. It can change.

• Like 4

On 10/1/2023 at 9:02 AM, Hammerfestus said:

That seems like a benefit for other people not me.  And I don’t get to eat meat?  Fuck that.  You know what else is sucky without meat?  Tacos.  Stop ruining tacos.  

Taco's can be super tasty without meat. 

Expand your mind my friend.... tasty meals, including tacos, are very possible without meat. It's all about how you cook/prepare whatever ingredients you're using. 🤷‍♂️

You can eat all the meat you want, though, do your thing.... Especially if you enjoy your stinky farts! 😎👍

• Disagree 1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:41 AM, Richardhead said:

I drink one of these every day. It gets me almost all my fruit and veggie servings in one fell swoop. 

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

Love that move. I had a pretty solid shake regimen going, but mine was more geared towards weight gain + nutrition... not so much into it now. Had the following powder, plus a banana, mixed greens, hemp seeds, mixed seeds, plus an oil I forget the name of right now, haha. 

I use this, though... It's made in Canada so that's a 👍 for me. 

image.png.e0a906889d9ba9ed211f690c220e46d0.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Love that move. I had a pretty solid shake regimen going, but mine was more geared towards weight gain + nutrition... not so much into it now. Had the following powder, plus a banana, mixed greens, hemp seeds, mixed seeds, plus an oil I forget the name of right now, haha. 

I use this, though... It's made in Canada so that's a 👍 for me. 

image.png.e0a906889d9ba9ed211f690c220e46d0.png

Was it MCT oil? I use the powder because I got it for free at work. I’ll be switching up to the oil when I run out of the powder.

These smoothies keep me full and energized almost all day. 
When I work a close shift at work I bring dinner, but opening shifts I don’t need any food until I get home that night. 

• Like 1