FireHazard51

Which edition do you get 🤔  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What edition do you buy

• Standard Edition - No fluff needed just like old NES
    • Collector's Edition - I love the extra bits added to the game purchase
    • Both - I got money to blow 💸💸💸

Administrator · Posted

I get the standard edition 90% of the time. I really don't like the odd shapes and stuff of CE's. And in terms of resale it's like... keep everything including the weird nonsense that's not even in the box or else you'll have a hard time reselling if you choose to do so.

Standard, unless the extras are useful or otherwise specifically appealing to me.

Breath of the Wild illustrated this well. The Explorer's Edition was great, with a very nice book. The higher end versions, with a Master Sword statue, console carrying case, "collectible" coin, etc., not so much. The "weather worn" map included in any extra edition, at the size and quality was pretty disappointing. But the book was great and it was nice to get an actual extensive manual in exchange for my patience. I'm hoping that will be repeated with TotK. Obviously I'm going to get it no matter what at some point, but I am hoping for a price drop and/or respectable extras for Black Friday. 

I think for the homebrew stuff I was originally going for CE - then there was the whole Project Blue Famicom fiasco , still don't have it yet as being a LE, there's still parts and stuff waiting to be completed.

From that time I started recognizing CE for what they were, namely overpriced sets containing a lot of useless Chinese crap to add to the price. It just lost all appeal and now I'll go regular edition.

The only exception would be if the stuff actually were neat and useful, like books or soundtracks or something. But stupid coins, stickers and plastic fire extinguishers? Wtf, who needs that garbage, and to make it worse, no one would even dare use it due to collectors mentality, making it even more pointless and wasteful.

Save a tree, don't buy CE.

Social Team · Posted
3 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Who still sells and buys physical media???

BTW shouldn't this topic be in gauntlet or collecting discussion or something?

Meh, I post the meme polls here as it's casual joke post.  These aren't serious discussions.  But maybe I should rethink where I post the meme polls if it's a fitting topic like this 🤔🤔

Editorials Team · Posted

I forgot about a few exceptions.  Stuff like La-Mulana and the Prinny Pack didn't even get standard releases, so I have the giant boxes.  I'll probably dump them if possible and stick with the game only.  But who's going to be buying if everyone's in the same boat?

Events Team · Posted

It entirely depends on the specific game. it's not a one or the other choice. Most of the time standard, so I guess I'll go with that. A lot of the time I'll get the digital special editions or whatever of newer games if it includes like a season pass or any extra in-game content.

• Eyeroll 1

Social Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeeeeaaah...  My super expensive Horizon: Forbidden West edition included an empty steel case and a digital download code for PS4/PS5.  I mean, I bought the thing for the giant ass statue which I wasn't displeased with detail of.  And yeah, there is like 5 other items that they just threw in that I could careless about.