IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Battletoads & Double Dragon

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think @mbd39 and @Richardhead not posting scores means you're the only one that can still beat me for the beat em up championship. Aren't you the one that usually skips Famicom games? The mediocre Famicom port of Yie Ar Kung Fu is going to decide the title. Math isn't my best skill, but I think I only need to finish third to guarantee a win.

Following this past week you are up by 7 points.  I'd have to take 1st on Yie Ar Kung Fu and relegate you to 5th.  It's unlikely that both of those conditions will be fulfilled.  I'm definitely not the one who skips Famicom games.  Not sure who you're thinking of...

10 hours ago, PII said:

@NESfiend Good to see you back at it this week!

I'm surprised that @mbd39 did not post a score...

I thought between him and morbis I would def get knocked off the podium and maybe all the way down to participation. Nice to finally get back in the top 3. 

Going to be hard to keep it going with MTPO. Love the game and I have beat tyson, but Ive only been able to accomplish that on a CRTV. And its been years. Getting down to the basement with the boob tube causes marital distress. Not to mention its become a war zone with kids toys and crap everywhere 

3 hours ago, PII said:

Following this past week you are up by 7 points.  I'd have to take 1st on Yie Ar Kung Fu and relegate you to 5th.  It's unlikely that both of those conditions will be fulfilled.  I'm definitely not the one who skips Famicom games.  Not sure who you're thinking of...

It's still possible. When we had the Famicom game weeks it seemed like there was someone that would sit them out because they were against downloading ROMs, but I can't remember who it was.

9 minutes ago, PII said:

I guess everyone has their own unique situation but isn't this supposed to relieve marital stress?

When we first moved to the house, I spent a lot of evenings in the basement game room. That made Mrs Fiend very lonely and upset. So I brought a couple consoles upstairs and set up a spot to play in her office. I can see the main tv from there and Im close enough to talk to her and bring her drinks and shit. I found it to be a fair compromise and has worked well for 3 years - until now, when its time to play the only game I know of that you absolutely have to have CRTV. 

Or do you? They do tysons competitions at bars on flat screens and some have gone the distance. Id kind of like to be able to do that next time my local place does one, so I tried tyson some last night on the flat screen. Failed pretty miserably. Not sure if its the tv or just rust. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Or do you? They do tysons competitions at bars on flat screens and some have gone the distance. Id kind of like to be able to do that next time my local place does one, so I tried tyson some last night on the flat screen. Failed pretty miserably. Not sure if its the tv or just rust. 

I had a 2007 or so model plasma TV that I used to play on years ago and didn't have any trouble. I use an AVS now and there's no lag at all. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NESfiend said:

good gamer problems

• The topic was unpinned