IGNORED

How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?

docile tapeworm

How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce Ninja Gaiden?

32 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

So many people insist that it is in fact "ninja gayden". So how is this, is the protagonist of this game really a homosexual or what?

What is the next topic, how do you pronounce "Ryu"?

Cause we all said “gayden” back in the day. I never thought it had anything to do with sex. The dude loves Irene who, through cutscenes,  leads me to believe is a woman.

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Cause we all said “gayden” back in the day. I never thought it had anything to do with sex. The dude loves Irene who, through cutscenes,  leads me to believe is a woman.

I 100% pronounced it "guy-den", as did everyone I ever heard say it, until well into adulthood. In fact it may well be that VGS is the first time ever heard anyone say "gayden" unironically. Obviously a kid or two may have say "gayden" while teeheeing about it, but we all knew it was properly pronounced "guy-den". 

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I 100% pronounced it "guy-den", as did everyone I ever heard say it, until well into adulthood. In fact it may well be that VGS is the first time ever heard anyone say "gayden" unironically. Obviously a kid or two may have say "gayden" while teeheeing about it, but we all knew it was properly pronounced "guy-den". 

Gloves is a foreign devil now!  And not a true child of the 80's!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It’s like we grew up in different countries or something. 
merica says gayden!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

merica says gayden!

Not different countries so much as different eras.  While we were all playing NES and saying Gay-den in the 80's, Gloves was a slobbering baby sucking on his momma's teat... (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

merica says gayden!

Ehh it's not that surprising, Canadians.  Maybe it has something to do with about being a-boot.  They'll just say things different because...eh?

• Like 1

Gay.. same goes for Mario with a hard A. I say it "incorrectly" but it's just regional accent from the Northeast US/Canada. 

I use to get flack from my American friends online even though y'all say 'sarry' instead of sorry and pronounce a lot of words that have A as a first vowel with an E sound (ex 'begel' instead of 'bagel')

Maybe more of an East/west thing after reading gloves replies, I dunno. Nobody I knew pronounced it guyden when I grew up but it's not like it was a common word/phrase. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

3 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Gay.. same goes for Mario with a hard A. I say it "incorrectly" but it's just regional accent from the Northeast US/Canada. 

I use to get flack from my American friends online even though y'all say 'sarry' instead of sorry and pronounce a lot of words that have A as a first vowel with an E sound (ex 'begel' instead of 'bagel')

Maybe more of an East/west thing after reading gloves replies, I dunno. Nobody I knew pronounced it guyden when I grew up but it's not like it was a common word/phrase. 

I find it interesting that short vowels can all sound similar at times. Quick example off the top of my head, try to pronounce the U in "injure" as a short E or I, there is very little difference and often wouldn't be noticeable at all if you heard somebody else do this. Even an O (as in "major") sounds pretty much the same. Maybe this isn't so in Canoodian talk but as someone who grew up in NJ (and doesn't have a "Jersey accent") that's how I am. 

Canadian, Cunadee-en, Kinadee-in, Kenadian, all sound the same as I would say them.

Begel is straight up wrong, though 😂 Bagel has a long A.