IGNORED

Movie Theater Fans: Where do you sit?

fox

Movie Theater Fans: Where do you sit?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Movie Theater Fans: Where do you sit?

• Front Row/Near The Screen
    • Somewhere in the middle
    • Back of The Theater/Balcony

When the late Mrs. Tabonga and I went to the movies it was always the twilgiht show - cheaper and a lot of times we were the only people in there,  We sat smack dab in the middle about 2/3 of the way back - somewhere in the process you could pick your seats out and buy online.

• Like 1

Back row center if I can get it. Nobody kicking my seat or climbing over me to get to the bathroom. Also, one of the perks of retirement, we usually go to an early, midweek show when most other folk are at school or work. Even an extremely popular movie in its first week, like SMB, will only have a handful of other attendees, and frequently we're alone. Cheaper too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Back row, in the middle. For some reason at my theatre the back rows have wayyyy more legroom

Our local theater turned into one of those “restaurant”/bar movie theaters. So now every seat is this massive powered recliner with a swing out table for your food. Every seat has like 24-36ish in in front of them so people can still get by if your in the recline position 

image.jpeg.eff4f82ccc3d2ad6cfd69d9a8c03eb1a.jpeg

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Wow! 2

33 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Our local theater turned into one of those “restaurant”/bar movie theaters. So now every seat is this massive powered recliner with a swing out table for your food. Every seat has like 24-36ish in in front of them so people can still get by if your in the recline position 

image.jpeg.eff4f82ccc3d2ad6cfd69d9a8c03eb1a.jpeg

That’s really neat! Back when we lived in MD we used to to go the movies at pike and rose, they give you blankets and the chairs are basically beds. We saw Spectre there and my wife fell asleep after drinking a very large margarita lol

https://www.ipic.com/north-bethesda-md-pike-and-rose/location

If it's a 3-D movie, as close to the middle as possible, but NEVER near ppl, yuck.

Normal movie... as close as possible, in the middle.... again... NEVER near ppl. 

There needs to be at least a one row/two seat barrier away from ALL people.

Even recently when I went and saw SMB it was pretty full but luckily I was still able to sit a good distance away from people. 

It's gotta be a big deal to get me to go to a chain theatre.

Examples include:

Super Mario Bros., Avatar 2 (Hadn't been "out" in a while and wanted to experience something "epic"), The Little Mermaid. 

But there's a little independent theatre nearby I'm looking forward to going and seeing a few random movies. 

• Like 1