IGNORED

Your 1 thing

DarkTone

My work place got a new manager, so we had a 3 hour meeting about changes, pros cons and ourselves. He wanted us to each stand up and say 1 interesting thing about ourselves. Some things that were said included getting engaged, speaking 6 languages, being in the army, cooking, baking sports, gaming, being an identical twin, and being bipolar. Mine was loving to draw (heres an example). 

If forced to, what would be the 1 interesting fact you would give about yourself in that situation? Not asking you for secrets or anything personal if you're not comfortable. I ask because some workers couldn't think of anything about themselves. 

20230104_195720.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nrslam said:

I'm the worst golfer in my work league.

Lol, I played golf on the golf team in High School.  I always told people that I was legit the worst player in the world.  I'd tell them "yeah, my worst game, I shot a 100."  Most people respond with a slight double take and say "well, that's not THAT bad."  And then I'd land the facts--we only played 9 holes!

Haha, I only got on the High School team because a team needed 6 players to compete and only 6 people tried out. I loved it too.  I may suck at golf, but I got to play at a lot of really nice courses in South Carolina.

Hmmm. I usually cop out on these things.

I used to be a biologist. Worked in entomology and general plant stuff. Did some molecular bio. I got a published paper out of it.

Then I woke up one day and decided I didn’t like it anymore. Switched careers.

Depending on where I'm at.  I use to be a pastor at a church.  There's that.  I also mention that I own a complete GB set.  I mean, to everyone here that's no big deal.  But to other people, that's odd, but it gets a lot of questions.  People like to say stuff like "Hey, I had a game as a kid.  I bet you don't have it!"  This is really just a way for them to talk about games from their childhood.

• Like 1

I feel attacked.  

I‘ve always been really mediocre at everything I’ve ever done so I don’t have I’m good at X stuff to tell.

I also struggle to connect with anyone on any of my interests or hobbies and I avoid telling anyone about any of them.  Even if I did find someone with similar interests I run back into the mediocrity thing so then I really avoid talking about it from fear of exposing myself as full of shit. I’ve chosen to instead convert my anxiety into deep all-consuming loathing for pretty much everyone.

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I feel attacked.  

I‘ve always been really mediocre at everything I’ve ever done so I don’t have I’m good at X stuff to tell.

I also struggle to connect with anyone on any of my interests or hobbies and I avoid telling anyone about any of them.  Even if I did find someone with similar interests I run back into the mediocrity thing so then I really avoid talking about it from fear of exposing myself as full of shit. I’ve chosen to instead convert my anxiety into deep all-consuming loathing for pretty much everyone.

Being able to take an interest in unusual things makes you adventurous, and being secretive about your interests makes you mysterious...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ankos said:

Being able to take an interest in unusual things makes you adventurous, and being secretive about your interests makes you mysterious...

Yes but that doesn't mean there's anything there. 

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

download(6).jpeg.af5123cc0bced0c3a8c9f125469e6148.jpeg

I am also a corkscrew / screwdriver.

8F04554C-26E8-4F75-A664-BB83C33D92F8.jpeg.d64462b5d5da0584e1969d9185307af2.jpeg

Ooh! Maybe that's my one thing! I'm an alcoholic! But, like, a nice one, not an angry one.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I feel attacked.  

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Haha, kind of a tricky question..... What's one thing that's interesting about yourself? 

Don't worry Hammerfestus, it's not your fault... it's kind of a dumb question because what's interesting to me is stupid to someone else. Someone said getting engaged??? Good god I hope you don't thing being engaged makes you interesting...

But if forced to discuss it, then yeah... I find people being able to draw interesting. Being able to do any type of art... that's interesting. 

But things that us common folk can do like baking or playing sports....???

I play sports and video games and I find it fun for me, but I wouldn't say it's "interesting" to others, haha. 

Having a legitimate classic video game "collection" is something that's probably "interesting" to some people, though. 🤷‍♂️

Playing video games is one thing, but to dedicate a space and time to some of the collections like we have is pretty interesting. 😎👍

17 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Haha, kind of a tricky question..... What's one thing that's interesting about yourself? 

Don't worry Hammerfestus, it's not your fault... it's kind of a dumb question because what's interesting to me is stupid to someone else. Someone said getting engaged??? Good god I hope you don't thing being engaged makes you interesting...

But if forced to discuss it, then yeah... I find people being able to draw interesting. Being able to do any type of art... that's interesting. 

But things that us common folk can do like baking or playing sports....???

I play sports and video games and I find it fun for me, but I wouldn't say it's "interesting" to others, haha. 

Having a legitimate classic video game "collection" is something that's probably "interesting" to some people, though. 🤷‍♂️

Playing video games is one thing, but to dedicate a space and time to some of the collections like we have is pretty interesting. 😎👍

I pretty rarely will tell anyone about my collection.  I have yet to have that conversation where it wasn’t awkward as hell.  
-Oh, you‘re a gamer?  Me too!
-Not, really.  No.
-Huh?

-Well, I collect them but it’s pretty rare that I play them.  Rare like my Little Samson Plebian!  

I collect mostly to soothe my neuroses not for public consumption.  So it’s even awkward if someone catches a glimpse of it and says something.  I just don’t know how to properly handle it.  I mean there’s not really usually much depth there.  It usually goes to something like “oh I had dr Mario as a kid!”  Eyes instantly glaze over with much more detail than that.  “Oho well these are complete in the box not just cart only!”  

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, VGD said:

When I was 8, I was one of the winners of the Captain Crunch "Where's the Captain?" contest. I Still have the recognition letter somewhere.

captn.jpg

Dude, that's awesome.  Just had a major flashback of that box and the detective kit with the red view finder. 

How much of the million bucks did you get to "share"?

27 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Dude, that's awesome.  Just had a major flashback of that box and the detective kit with the red view finder. 

How much of the million bucks did you get to "share"?

Almost all of it, I got $100 but to an 8 year old video game addict that was a couple new NES or Master system games at the time.

My mom probably spent over $100 on cereal so i could "find" him . 🙂

Edited by VGD
  • Like 1